Agriturismo Pulicaro - B&B on a farm in Tuscany
From $109 / night
- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- Bed and Breakfast
Description from the owner
Pulicaro is an ancient, beautifully restored stone farmhouse. Its tower dates back to the days of Red Beard and served as a lookout in this wild rural territory.
Over the course of centuries, pieces were added to the structure, until in 1800 when it reached its current configuration. Since then, Pulicaro has not been touched except for our recent renovations, in which we cautiously preserved the history and character of the building.
Set in the heart of a 60-acre farm, Pulicaro’s farmhouse has traditional two-person rooms as well as apartments with kitchenettes, which sleep from two to seven people. As a bed-and-breakfast, we se...Read more
Agriturismo Pulicaro - B&B on a farm in Tuscany
Acquapendente, Lazio, Italy
Additional Location Information
Agriturismo pulicaro is located on the Alfina plateau, near the medieval town Torre Alfina (one of the most beautiful suburbs in Italy). It is only a few kilometers away from the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve and the Sasseto Woods natural monument.
Our guest house enjoys a very favourable location bordering Umbria and Tuscany thus, allowing convenient travel to cultural, historical, and artistic places of interest in less than an hour.
If you wish to visit central Italy or spend a relaxing holiday surrounded by nature, Marco and Chiara are more than happy to welcome you into their agriturismo!
The Pulicaro farmhouse and B&B; is close to:
- ROME : Our agriturismo is located in a strategic position if you wish to visit the heart of Italy. You cannot miss our stunning, beloved Rome, especially if you come from a far away country. You can easily travel to the "eternal city" in an hour by train, leaving from the Orvieto station. (You are able to leave your car here free of charge.)
- TUSCANY : Agriturismo Pulicaro is in the heart of the Tuscia of Latium just a few kilometers away from Tuscany, motherland of the Italian Renaissance.
During your stay, you could stop by Val d'orcia and reach wonderful sites, such as Pienza, Saint Antimo Abbey, and Montalcino. Other options include the thermal baths of San Casciano dei Bagni, Bagno Vignoni, and Bagni San Filippo, all less than an hour away. Siena, Arezzo, and Cortona are a little over an hour away, so don't miss the chance to admire these cities either, rich in history, culture and Italian traditions.
- BOLSENA AND ITS LAKE : Etrurian people, saints, longobards, legends and pilgrims... These are just a few of the aspects from the last two centuries characterizing Bolsena, which gets its name from the biggest volcanic lake in Europe. During the summer, take a trip by boat on the lake, charmed by the beauty of its islands. Dive near the Gran Carro Etrurian ruins. Or, go for a stroll around the city. Visit the Roman or Etrurian archeological areas and the catacombs in the Basilica of the Miracle. Learn more about the history of Saint Cristina.
You could also take part in cultural and traditional events throughout the city, such as the Procession of the Corpus Domini, the Hydrangea Celebration (middle of July each year), the Historical Commemoration of Saint Cristina (July 23rd), and several feasts serving samples of local fish.
Other cities to visit: Marta, Capodimonte, and Montefiascone.
- ORVIETO AND UMBRIA : Our agriturismo should be your starting point if you wish to visit Umbria, the green heart of Italy, crossroads of history and culture, the deep centre of spirituality.
In just a one hour trip, you can travel to interesting and lovely cities, such as Assisi, Perugia, Todi, and Spoleto.
The closest one is Orvieto = This beautiful city is just twenty minutes by car from our guest house. During your stay, you should definetly stop there!
Walking around the streets, retrace the history of the city, starting from Etrurian time, going through the Middle Ages and then to Late Renaissance.
Learn about the traditional handmade crafts and regional food!
You cannot miss the magnificent Duomo and the breathtaking paintings in Saint Brizio Chapel.
- TUSCIA AND VITERBIEN REGIONS : Agriturismo pulicaro is located in the very heart of a wonderful area, filled with natural monuments, medieval villages and artistic towns, mostly unknown to mass tourism. Let yourselves be enchanted by these breathtaking landscapes!
Torre Alfina = This medieval stronghold is nowadays one of the most beautiful towns in Italy. Here, you can walk around the historical centre, looking for delicious gelato and for regional cuisine. Or, you can enjoy the ancient Woods of Sasseto, a natural monument. The castle, exacly on the border between Umbria and Lazio, can be spotted from all of the surrounding area. From its square, you can admire on of the most breathtaking sunsets on Monte Amiata.
Acquapendente = Ancient town of Barbarossa, medieval legends, and Pugnaloni (traditional flower mosaics). Don’t miss the crypt in the Duomo!
Proceno = Here, you can find an ancient castle and the starting point of the Via Francigena (a walk for pilgrims, not only through Latium).
Civita di Bagnoregio = Visit this charming village where you seem to have gone back in time. From the stronghold, you can enjoy the Calanche Valley in all its beauty.
Tuscania = This Etrurian jewel is surrounded by medieval walls and a wonderful landscape. The town has preserved its beauty through the centuries. Don't miss the Saint Maria Maggiore and Saint Pietro Basilicas, located right outside the walls.
Vulci = "Something disquieting. Something very beautiful.” That's how D. H. Lawrence described this charming place which nowadays has become an archeological natural park, where you can find ruins from Etruscans and Romans as well as a breathtaking walk through nature.
Tarquinia = Tarquinia is a stronghold with many towers. The town is well known for the Etrurian tombs found in the "Monterozzi Necropolis."
Viterbo = This is “the City of Popes”. Inside the ancient towers and walls, you can experience the halo of medieval times. Don't miss the Popes' Palaces, the Cathedral and the Saint Pellegrino district.
In the surrounding area there is even Villa Lante - Bagnaia, “The monsters park” - Bomarzo
If you are interested in, we could gladly suggest you trustworthy tour leaders to show you this amazing area!
More About This Location
Lake nearby, Rural retreats
Last updated on September 11, 2013
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 12 other Acquapendente rentalsCheck Availability for Acquapendente
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Housekeeping Optional
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Mountain Views
- Paper Towels Provided
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - ask