Gorgeous grandpa house
From $65 / night
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
Gorgeous grandpa house in geres
Gorgeous grandpa house
Arcos de Valdevez, Northern Portugal, Portugal
Additional Location Information
- Travel: We are equidistant to Porto (Oporto) airport in Portugal, or Santiago de Compostella in Galicia/Spain at 90 mins drive. The drive from Porto airport is via the A3 motorway, it is a very straightforward and well signed road.
Flights are available from Stansted, Heathrow, Gatwick to Porto (Portugal) and Stansted, Heathrow, to Santiago do Compostella. Also Liverpool to Porto and Santiago. Dublin to Porto.
Arcos de Valdevez is about 20km with restaurants. Bars and a lot of Supermarkets and a nice river beach.
Ponte de Lima an old town about 30km it is characterized by its medieval architecture and is surrounded by the River Lima.
Melgaco a beautiful fortified town on the river Minho 30km.
Moncao (Alvarinho Region), with three large, very modern supermarkets 22km and a wonderful public outdoor pool.
Valenca the old town is a must see 35km.
Vigo (60km) and Santiago de Compostela (150km).
Ponte de Lima 18 hole golf course within 25 minutes drive.
- Coast / beach: There are many places for swimming along the river Vez with crystalline waters pools in the area. The coast is about 60km away, with beautiful sandy beaches. There are stunning sandy Atlantic surfing beaches. Portugal offers the best warm surfing in Europe with over 500 miles of consistent waves and no shortage of sunshine. Huge sandy beaches offer surf school and lifeguard patrolled areas.
- Further details: This area is characterized for its fiestas (traditional music, costumes, singing and dancing) weekly throughout the season with fantastic fireworks day and night.
Fabulous markets at Vila Nova de Cerveira (Saturday), Viana Do Castelo (Friday), Caminha (Wednesday) and many others. Wonderful countryside for walking (Sunflower Northern Portugal book has numerous walks within easy driving distance).
Follow the Vinho Verde wine trail along the banks of the Minho Valley which passes between undulating hills covered with the vines which produce the lightly sparkling and very tasty wine of the region.
- Walking and Hiking vacations in geres: This region is a stunning undiscovered area of North of Portugal. We are ideally situated for those interested in the outdoors, with endless walks. Here you can find the best Hiking trails in Portugal.
For more information visit: (website: hidden).
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, River, Rural retreats
Last updated on June 03, 2013
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 2 other Arcos de Valdevez rentalsCheck Availability for Arcos de Valdevez
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- DVD Player
- High Definition TV
- In-home Theater
- Stereo or CD player
- Cable TV
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - ask
- 120 square meters