Once you have entered through the dramatic iron gates, the beauty of the Chateau hits you and gives you a hint of the luxury that awaits you inside. With up to 10 bedrooms, this Chateau is ideal for large groups although with the flexibility offered by the three bedroom Guest Cottage, it also retains a lovely feel for smaller groups with 7 bedrooms in the main Chateau itself.
The Chateau reception rooms are out of this world. The kitchen is extremely modern and very well equipped with a “La Cornue” range (with hobs, hot plate and two ovens), dishwasher, microwave, 2 small fridges, coffee machine etc etc.... There is also a small table with seating for approximately 6. The Utility room is situated next to the Kitchen and you will find 2 washing machines, 2 tumble dryers and Ironing facilities. There is also a drinks pantry off the kitchen leading out towards the dining terrace. The Chateau also has a downstairs WC. The Dining Room is close to the Kitchen and is a fantastic place for that formal meal. It seat 10-12 normally and this can be enlarged for bigger groups.
The Living room is divided into two areas. The more informal area in front of the open stone fireplace where there is comfy seating with a large 4 seater sofa and 2 armchairs. Here there is satellite television and a relaxed coffee table with magazines. The second area is more formal and has more of a Drawing room feel with traditional French seating. There are an additional 8 seating places here. There is also a BOSE music system for guests use.
The Games Room has a full size snooker table and large open fireplace. The Games room is fully air conditioned and leads into the Tavern/Bar. This room again is air conditioned and has a bar area, sink and small fridge. There is a relaxing sofa and then steps up onto the Dining Terrace. An ideal place to escape the heat of the midday sun!! The Chateau also has a Cave under the Games Room for storage of your wine and this can be stocked for you in advance by the Chateau Manager.
6 of the Chateau bedrooms are connected by the original stone spiral staircase with Bedrooms 3 and 4 on the first floor, the Master suite comprising Bedroom 1, Study/Bedroom 2 and the large en-suite on the second floor and then Bedroom 6 and 7 on the third floor. Bedroom 5 is set over the Games Room and is air-conditioned. Bedrooms 8, 9 and 10 are in the cottage and are more simple in style but still extremely elegant and well equipped. There is a separate kitchen and living room. Ideal for those looking for more privacy or for your travelling staff.
* Bedroom 1 which is dual facing and overlooks the pool and vineyard. It has a large Four Poster Bed (2.0 m wide), small armoire, marble topped chest of drawers and a writing desk that overlooks the pool and woodland. Set in the tower is a glass basin and WC.
* Study/Bedroom 2 is next door and is normally set as a study and has a computer and printer with broadband Internet access.
There is a large desk, bookshelves and a daybed. The en-suite for the master bedroom is accessed through this room which can have two Twin beds put in it to provide a master suite and would be ideal for children of the couple staying in Bedroom 1.
* The en-suite to Bedroom 1 is accessed through the Study/Bedroom 2 and has a roll top bath, two basins in a marble unit, WC and a large walk in shower and Hammam. There is also access from this room onto a lovely balcony with stunning views.
* Bedroom 3 is again a large double bedroom with King size 4 Poster bed (1.90 m wide), large armoire and chest of drawers and with a writing desk looking out over towards the Pyrennees. There are also two window seats with views over the woodland and surrounding fields.
* The en-suite to Bedroom 3 is set behind the large wooden cupboard doors and has a roll top bath with shower over, basin and WC.
* Bedroom 4 is another grand double bedroom with a large 4 poster bed (1.85cm width),
built in wardrobes with plenty of shelving and hanging space, a library area and desk.
* The en-suite to bedroom 4 is again spectacular with a roll top bath, separate shower, 2 basins and a WC. Large double windows open over the front courtyard.
* Bedroom 5 is set off the interior courtyard and has a separate access just before the main entrance to the Chateau. It is over the Games room and has air-conditioning. Again it is a large double bedroom with a massive bed (2.00 wide), fitted cupboards and a writing desk. There is also an additional single bed placed in here. This can be moved into any of the other rooms to suit your party group.
* Bedroom 5 has a double height en-suite set into one of the many towers. It is a large walk in shower with steps up, two basins and a WC.
* Bedrooms 6 and 7 are on the third floor. Bedroom 6 is a double bedroom and has a double bed (1.40cm wide) and an additional single bed which can remain in this room or be moved into any other bedroom for you. There is a basin and WC set in the tower off this bedroom.
* Bedroom 7 is again set in the eaves with a large double bed (190cm wide), fitted cupboards with shelves and hanging space and a writing desk overlooking the front courtyard.
* The shared en-suite for Bedroom 6 and 7 is located between the two rooms and has a roll top bath with shower over, basin and WC.
* The Guest Cottage has a completely separate access from the Chateau and is set to the right of the main Chateau. It is ideal for those wishing for more privacy. There is a well equipped kitchen with hob, combination over, microwave, dishwasher , washing machine, Fridge and freezer. There is a table with seating for 4.
The living room has French doors over the front courtyard and has comfy seating for 4 as well as an armoire and writing desk.
Steps from the kitchen lead up to the three further bedrooms. Bedroom 8 is a double bedroom at the far end of the landing. Bedroom 9 is another double bedroom at the other end of the landing at the top of the stairs and Bedroom 10 which is situated in the middle has a Bunk Bed with two full size single beds.
* These three bedrooms share a family bathroom which has a bath with shower over, basin and WC. These bathroom is positioned ideally between the bedrooms on the landing.Outdoor LivingThis breathtaking Chateau is ideal for holidays throughout the year as situated in the Bearn on the Bearn/Gers borders, it is set in its own micro climate. For the summer months, the Chateau is geared towards outside living.For the Winter months, there are roaring open log fires in majestic stone fireplaces and central heating.
The South facing Dining Terrace is 250 square metres in area and has a number of different areas which is ideal for larger parties. The area closest to the Tavern has relaxing wooden recliners and then the long wooden Dining Table under a large tree for shade. At the other end of the terrace, there is more seating with two wooden style sofas and 2 wooden armchairs.Just around the corner, from the main terrace and with views over woodland, there is a built in BBQ area and small herb garden. There is also a Gas BBQ if you would prefer and an additional Dining table. For large groups, both tables are used together.
The heated saltwater pool is 10m x 5m with additional Grecian steps. There are 8 wooden recliners and parasols for shade. The pool has an automated shutter as well as a laser alarm for safety. The pool is extremely private.
There are over 14 hectares of land with plenty of variety for everyone - large terraces to enjoy the sunsets on, open lawned areas for ball games and woodland walks for the more energetic, if they can tear themselves away from the pool area. The Chateau has its own vines and makes its own wine. A tasting can be arranged by the Chateau staff.Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.