- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- sleeps 4
Description from the owner
Live in an old Bergenhouse, within walking distance to the town center, placed between Bryggen and Old Bergen Museum. Our main apartment is 63 sq meters. It has one bedroom, with a double bed.(160cm) There is a sofa-bed in the living-room (80/160cm)The apartment has an own entrance, fully equipped kitchen and separate bathroom, cable-TV and wifi. This apartment sleeps 4.
Sandviken is an old area of Bergen, close to the city center, and also placed between the sea and the mountains. There are local shops nearby. There is good connections with public-transport, bus-stop is at Sandvikstorget and there is parking just outside the door.
Bergen, Western Fjords, Norway
Additional Location Information
Live in an old Bergenhouse from 1881, within walking distance to the town center, placed between Bryggen and Old Bergen Museum. Sandviken is an old area of Bergen, close to the city center, and also placed between the sea and the mountains.The flat has seperate kitchen and bathroom. Includes cable-tv and wi-fi. There are good connections with public-transport, and parking outside the door.
There are local shops nearby. We live in the same house upstairs, and will help you to have a nice stay in Bergen-Welcome!
Some info about the Sandviken-area:
Just over the road:
Sandviksboder Coastal Centre and the Norwegian Fisheries Museum is housed in the old Grade II listed warehouses from the 1600s and 1700s in Sandviken in Bergen. Here are therefore some of the oldest and best preserved warehouses in Bergen, some are older than those on Bryggen. Dried fish stalls are a unique heritage from the time Bergen was the center of a worldwide stockfish exports. The outdoor area is open to the public. On land and in the harbor, visitors can contemplate the diversity of heritage boats. Most are old, but some are more recent copies. Currently, the Norwegian Fisheries Museum closed for renovation and will reopen in May 2014.
A little further out in Sandviken is Old Bergen Museum, a reconstructed town with about 50 wooden houses from the 17 -, 18 - and 1900s. Old Bergen Museum was opened in 1949.
Short distance to hiking, among other things, Stoltzekleiven, Fjellveien, Sandvikfjellet and Fløien.
• Stoltzekleiven has a height difference of 313.5 meters - spread over approx. 910 lm. The track has a pitch of between 20 and 40%. There are about 800 steps! Stoltzekleiven Up 2013: Friday, 09.27 and Saturday 28.9.http :/ / (website: hidden)
• Fjellveien is perhaps the most famous walking route of Bergen, passing among others Stoltzekleiven, Mon Plaisir, Tippetue and Fløisvingene. Here you get a nice view of the approach to Bergen. Fjellveien continues past Skansen, Kalfaret and stops at Bellevue. 4.6 km long, mostly traffic free and flat terrain.
• Sandviken Sea Baths in Old Bergen Museum, is open all summer. Small and cozy facilities.
• Helleneset, large recreation area on Eidsvågneset. With such children's pool, diving board and cut climbing wall. Bus 5 from Sandvikstorget. Blue-flag awarded beach!
• Nordnes seawater pool in the center, a heated swimming pool, changing rooms with showers and sauna. Staffed by lifeguards. Traditional and charming!
Local convenience stores:
• Sandviken Dagligvare/Grocery in Ekregaten 15 (09-22) (Saturday 09-20 Sunday 11-20)
• Matkroken on Sandvikstorget 11 (08-22) (Saturday 09-20)
• ICA Supermarket, Sandvikveien 94 Post, fresh food counter and a large selection of beer!
You can park just outside our house;-) in our area (Sandviken) its residential-parking only between 08-23 on weekdays, until 17 on Saturdays. There are different options for guests. You can park and pay with coins, which is the most expensive (20nok/hour), buy tickets with coins or visa-card (10nok/hour) or there are some special-cards which I have: 40nok for afternoon/evening(17-23) or 100nok for one day (24h). So it depends on how long you plan to have your car parked :-)
Location Type City, Mountain, Ocean
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: March 13, 2014 ◀▶
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP) (change)
|Dates||Nightly||Weekly||Monthly||Min Night Stay|
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Linens Provided
- Soap/Shampoo Provided [?]
- Local Guides/Maps
- Central Heating
- Wireless Internet
- Internet Access
- Mountain Views
- Waterfront [?]
- Dish Washer
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Children's Toys [?]
- Satellite TV
- Cable TV
- Standard Definition TV
- Balcony [?]
- Pet friendly - Ask
- Smoking allowed - No
- Suitable for children - Yes
- Suitable for the elderly - Yes
- Wheelchair accessible - No
- 63 square meters