- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
This charming, 5-star cottage on the North Devon coast is luxurious for a romantic treat but is also family friendly, warm and comfortable. The Annex sleeps up to 6 in two bedrooms (2+4) and can be rented independently or combined with the neighbouring property bringing the total number of guests catered for to 14-16. (See separate listing for Southclay)
The Annex is one end of a traditional, stone Devon longhouse. Guests love the wooden windows set into thick stone walls, the low ceilings and traditional fireplace and yes it does have a climbing rose growing by the front door!
Recently renovated it combines the best of old and...Read more
Delightful cottage with pool, tennis & hottub
Bideford, West Country, England
Additional Location Information
This holiday home is in a wonderful location with panoramic views overlooking the spectacular, rugged North Devon coast, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The property is surrounded by green fields, on the edge of the traditional village of Abbotsham with its own thatched country pub; village shop and post office and primary school... yet only a few of minutes drive from the A39 Atlantic Highway. This means although it is quiet and feels like you are buried deep in the middle of the countryside, we are easy to find and convenient for exploring the whole of North Devon and North Cornwall.
A car is recommended but either www.traveline.org.uk (look for bus stop at Abbotsham (Devon) church on B3236) or: www.transportdirect.info provide route planning and timetables for all forms of public transport.
Directions by car:
· From the M5 junction 27, take the main A361/ A39 Atlantic Highway linking the M5 at Tiverton with North Devon and North Cornwall.
· To the west of Bideford you will pass signs for Abbotsham and a flag for The BIG Sheep tourist attraction, do not turn here, continue up the hill to the roundabout.
· Turn right at Abbotsham Cross roundabout towards the village of Abbotsham, “Southclay” is ½ mile, the 7th house on the left, The Annex is the next house. There is plenty of off-street parking
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, Rural retreats
Last updated on May 12, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 40 other Bideford rentalsCheck Availability for Bideford
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP)
|See all dates
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $163
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
Additional notes from the owner
Rates are intended as guidance only, please email or see owners web site for full details http://www.southclay.co.uk
Ask for late availability discounts!
- Local Guides/Maps
- Central heating
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Shared outdoor pool (heated)
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Ocean or water views
- Stove or Oven
- DVD Player
- Stereo or CD player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no
- 1250 square feet