- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
At the foot of the Castle of Biron, nestled in a wood, you will find our wooden chalet "Le Chevreuil". It has has more than 540 sq.ft. living space as well as a spacious porch of 160 sq.ft. They are fully and comfortably equipped.
Downstairs there is an open style kitchen, a living room with comfortable settees, a separate toilet, a bathroom with shower and washbasin and a bedroom for 2 people. The second bedroom, for 2/3 people, is on the mezzanine floor. The porch has a garden table and chairs for your meals and drinks outside.
Holidays to the rhythm of nature, peace and relaxation. No disco music in the evenings and no orga...Read more
Castelwood Vacances Dordogne
Biron, Aquitaine, France
Additional Location Information
The « Aquitaine > is the old territory of Aliénor (1122-1204), wife of Louis VII, king of France, and later, the spouse of Henry II Plantagenet, king of England. It is a region consisting of 5 departments, of which one is the Dordogne.
Biron is situated in the sector of the Purple Périgord (the color of its red wine), in the southern Dordogne. It borders on the departments of the Lot and the Lot-et-Garonne, giving you greater access to a large number of tourist sites.
Biron Castle dominates the landscape and is surrounded by a small village with old stone houses. Our park is situated at a leisurely 10 minutes walk downhill from the Biron castle, on the road to Lacapelle Biron.
The marvels of our region :
· The Dordogne and Vézére valleys, with their prehistoric sites : Les Eyzies, La Roque St Christophe...
· Limestone caverns, geological chasms with rock and crystal formations, prehistoric shelters with sculptures and rock drawings : Lascaux II, Gouffre de Padirac, Grottes de Cougnac...
· The fortified castles which are the historical witnesses of the disputes between France and England : the castles of Bonaguil, Beynac and Castelnaud. But there are also castles like « Les Milandes », once the home of Josephine Baker and her children.
· The medieval towns and the « bastides » : very old, fortified towns, built according to a standard layout. Sarlat, Monpazier, Monflanquin, Villeréal...
· The old country churches, often of Roman architecture, the cloisters and priories : some of them witnessed the passage of the Pilgrims ... the Abbey of Cadouin, Roc-Amadour.
· The vineyards of Bergerac, of Buzet, of Thézac and of Cahors.
· Gastronomy ; the abundance of « the good things in life » : foie gras, potted duck, wild mushrooms, local cheeses, fresh fruit and plenty of vegetables ... the gourmet will find her heaven on earth.
· The street markets with local farmers and their home grown products.
· The parks and gardens, but mostly landscapes worthy of a painters pallet or the artistic eye of a photographer.
· Sport activities : golf, horse riding, walking, cycling, canoeing, swimming, rock climbing, cave explorations, etc. etc.
More About This Location
Last updated on May 29, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 1 other Biron rentalsCheck Availability for Biron
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $340
- wifi connection | $3 per day
- Cleaning fee | $75 per stay
- Cleaning fee | $75 per stay
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
- Pet | $8
Additional notes from the owner
Please always check beforehand with the owner about availability and a precise quote.
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Housekeeping Optional
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Shared outdoor pool (heated)
- Stove or Oven
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet friendly - yes
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - yes
- 50 square meters