Having a rough winter? Let FlipKey’s Winter Photo Contest cheer you up. Submit your most miserable, hilarious, or jealousy-inducing photo taken this season. Contest & voting run from March 17 – March 30 and there is $500 worth of prizes to be won. See below for full details and rules.
• One Grand Prize Winner will receive a $300 Amazon Gift Code
• Two Public Voting Winners will each receive a $100 Amazon Gift Code
TWO WAYS TO ENTER (BUT YOU CAN ONLY ENTER ONCE)
• Like our Facebook page, then submit a photo via the FlipKey Winter Photo Contest tab to enter.
• Submit a photo via Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FlipKeyWinterPhotos (you will then be prompted to fill out the contest entry form)
* You may only enter 1 photo submission to the contest.
TWO WAYS TO WIN
• The Grand Prize Winner will be decided by a vote from the FlipKey Marketing Team, will win a $300 Amazon gift code, and will be notified and emailed his or her prize after the contest closes.
• Two Facebook Voting Winners receiving a $100 Amazon gift code each. They will be emailed their prize after the contest ends.
SHARE & VOTE
• After submitting your photo, be sure to share your submission with all of your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, strangers – the more people you share your submission with, the more votes you can get. Voters can vote once every 24 hours, so use your entire network and keep the sharing going!
Terms and Conditions:
The following information relates to the FlipKey ‘Winter Photo Contest’ Competition:
1. This free Competition will run from 9:00am ET 17 March 2014 to 11:59pm ET 30 March 2014. Both the entry period and voting period will run within these dates and times.
2. The Competition is open to worldwide residents aged 18 or over. By entering, the participant agrees to these Rules of the Sweepstakes and the decisions of FlipKey, which are final and binding in all respects.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
4. To access the Photo Contest App, you must like the FlipKey Facebook page.
5. To enter the contest, you must like the FlipKey Facebook page, enter all the required information into the Contest app, and upload a photo. Entries may also be submitted via Twitter and Instagram by posting a photo with the hashtag #FlipKeyWinterPhotoContest and completing the subsequent entry form
6. During the Contest Period, you may submit an entry form online at https://www.facebook.com/flipkey/app_448952861833126 by completing the entry form provided within the photo contest app, and clicking “Submit.”
7. Each posted photo is considered one (1) contest entry by the Facebook user. Only one total entry per Facebook user will be accepted. Any other attempt at Internet or email entry is void. Entries must be received and recorded by FlipKey Inc. Facebook page by 11:59:59 p.m. March 30, 2014 (EST).
8. Voting will run concurrent with the contest dates/times. Voting is open to the general Facebook public and voters may only vote once per day.
9. Winner Selection: The two photographs with the highest vote count will each win a $50 Amazon gift code. They will still be eligible for the grand prize. The grand prize winner will be chosen by voting from the FlipKey Marketing Team. The grand prize winner will receive a $150 Amazon gift code.
10. Potential Winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. If potential Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, or if prize is rejected, the potential Winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on or other expenses related to the prize, regardless of whether the prize, in whole or in part, is used, and will be issued IRS Forms 1099 and W9 for the value of the prize if greater than $600. No transfer of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No cash or other substitution of prize is permitted, except that if the prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. No more than five (5) alternates will be contacted. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded.
11. There is no cash alternative to the stated prizes, and the prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
12. The FlipKey winner decision is final. Winners will be notified by email from FlipKey after the competition.
13. FlipKey retains the right to publicize the winners’ names across all marketing materials.
14. Employees of FlipKey and their families, are excluded from winning the Competition.
15. Copyrighted, obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered and will be deleted upon submissions. FlipKey retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
16. FlipKey reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
17. FlipKey accepts no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Competition.
18. The winners’ names will be available after the Competition closes (21 March 2014) by writing to FlipKey Inc. 226 Causeway St. Floor 2 Boston, MA 02114
19. Entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions by entering the Competition.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Cruise.co and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for email marketing purposes and not shared with any third parties.
21. FlipKey, Inc. assumes no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or technical failures, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
22. FlipKey, Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who (i) tampers with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; (ii) acts in violation of the Rules of the Contest; (iii) acts in violation of the terms of the website, or (iv) acts in any way that discredits or otherwise disrupts FlipKey Winter Photo Contest or FlipKey, Inc, including all of its participating entities.
23. By posting a photo entry to the official FlipKey Facebook Photo App, participant agrees to the following: a) photo entry was taken by and is exclusively owned by the participant; b) to receive more information about FlipKey via mail, email and/or phone call; c) FlipKey shall have world-wide royalty-free publishing rights of photo entries at no cost and with no financial reimbursement whatsoever. Participant may opt-out of the receipt of promotional communications at any time by following the instructions indicated on the flipkey.com web site.
24. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use winner's name, Facebook name, likeness, persona, hometown, and/or Prize information in all media now known or later devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for all purposes FlipKey deems appropriate - including, without limitation, for promotional and publicity purposes - without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may (in FlipKey's sole discretion) be required to execute a written consent, confirming FlipKey’s right to use such winner’s name, Facebook name, likeness, persona, hometown, and/or Prize information without further permission or compensation.
25. Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, winner may (in FlipKey’s's sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to FlipKey a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by FlipKey in its sole discretion.
26. General Conditions: Winners’ names and photo entries may be posted on the www.FlipKey.com web site and shared on social media. A representative from FlipKey will email prizes to the winners. Winners of the Grand Prize and Second Prizes will be responsible for all applicable taxes, license and registration fees. If winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Rules of the sweepstakes, will result in disqualification. By accepting prizes, where permitted by law, winners grant to FlipKey, Inc., and those acting pursuant to FlipKey Inc.’s authority (and agree to confirm said grant in writing) the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval.
27. By participating each participant releases and agrees to hold harmless FlipKey Inc., its parents, affiliates, subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, or participation in any FlipKey Winter Photo Contest related activity. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
28. Limitations of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL FLIPKEY INC. OR ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE WWW.FLIPKEY.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
29. Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules of the Contest, or the rights and obligations of entrant and FlipKey Inc. in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Suffolk County, Massachusetts.