Poet's Cottage provides elegant Blue Mountains accommodation in the heart of Wentworth Falls, just an hour and a half out of Sydney.
The stylishly restored 101-year-old cottage offers chic living amidst old world charm. Self-contained, with plenty of pampering comforts, the cottage offers an open-plan lounge and dining area, with anew kitchen and two bathrooms. Snuggle up in the three bedrooms with queen bed, double bed, one kind single and two single beds.
Watch honeyeaters sip flower nectar from your large entertainment deck, or wander through the established garden before enjoying the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains Nation...al Park, which backs onto your back gate. Then return to the cottage for a pampering spa.
Poet's Cottage is perfect for couples or families. We would like for you to experience our little piece of heaven.
• Newly renovated and restored original cottage on 1555 sq m property
• The garden adjoins the Blue Mountains World Heritage National Park and bush walking tracks
• Short walk to the Conservation Hut Cafe and Valley of the Waters
• 3-minute drive to Wentworth Falls Village and Shops
• 5-minute drive to Leura Village and Shops
• 3 bedrooms - up to 7 guests
• 1 new Laura Ashley queen bed, 1 new Laura Ashley double bed, 1 antique oak king single bed, 2 new single beds.
• Central gas heating throughout
• Original Kauri pine fireplace (ornamental due to being in bedroom)
• Fully equipped kitchen with microwave and dishwasher
• Polished Australian Spotted-Gum timber floors, sliding French doors and antique stain-glass windows in open-plan lounge and dining room
• Original polished Baltic Pine floorboards in bedrooms and kitchen
• New main bathroom with separate shower, toilet and luxury spa bath
• New separate second bathroom with toilet, shower and laundry facilities
• Television, VHS and DVD player
• CD player
• Spotted-Gum timber verandah overlooking front garden with lovebird breakfast table and seating for two
•Outdoor recreational large Merbau timber deck with two siing-back beach chairs, matching table and six antique timber chairs
• The deck faces West and is the ideal location for relaxing with a glass of champagne and viewing the sunset.
• Guests are refrained from smoking indoors
• We regret that pets cannot be accommodated
• In Autumn and Winter (May to November) warm outdoor clothing is advisable. Temperatures can be up to 10 degrees cooler than Sydney temperatures.Read more
* please note that a 3-4 night minimum stay applies on Australian long weekends (for the state of New South Wales)
Easter: 18 April - 21 April 2014 (4 nights)
ANZAC Day: 25 - 27 April 2014 (3 nights)
Queens Birthday Weekend: 7-9 June 2014 (3 nights)
Labour Day: 4 - 6 October 2014 (3 nights)
Christmas to New Year's Day: 25 December - 1 January 2015 (4 nights)
Left on 03/10/2013 for a stay in February 2013 | Dina
We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the house it was very relaxing. The garden is so naturally beautiful and my grand-daughters had fun exploring it. The house is spacious and luxurious and full of surprises. From the outside it looks humble compared with the grandness of the surrounding nature but inside it's like an open shell where a bright gleaming pearl is waiting. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the spa was just what we needed after exhausting walks through the forests and waterfalls of the beautiful national park. We didn't want to leave! We'll definitely be back.
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.