The Georgian house dates back to 1750 and was the former home of the Boyes-Lyon family and has been renovated to provide luxuriously appointed accommodation with 4 bedrooms, one with four poster bed and four bathrooms. The 3 cottages can be rented together to sleep a total of 14 people.
Beltingham is one of Northumberland's prettiest hamlets and is located in the South Tyne Valley and within easy reach of Hadrian's Wall, the Northumberland coast and the Lake District. Just across the river is the village of Bardon Mill with village shop and pub, the market town of Hexham with racecourse and Abbey is 11 miles east, Newcastle with a wealt...h of activities for all the family is 23 miles and Carlisle is 28 miles to the west.
Beltingham House sits on the edge of the hamlet with the same name and has recently been refurbished to provide luxurious accommodation for up to 14 people in 3 inter-connecting cottages. This Georgian house, dating back to 1750, was once owned by the Bowes-Lyon family and the late Queen Mother and Princess Margaret have both stayed here whilst visiting Lady Mary Bowes-Lyon.
The cottages have been renovated by the owner using his wealth of experience in interior design to provide 3 luxuriously appointed cottages:- Beltingham House which was the main residence of Lady Mary and her family, Beltingham Cottage was occupied by the servants and The Bowes housed the grounds men. The house is set in 5 acres of grounds and has walking opportunities from the door to Hadrian's Wall and some of the historic sites including Vindolanda and the National Trusts woodland of Allen Banks.
This spacious and luxurious house is centrally heated and comprises:
* Lounge with freeview TV, CD and DVD players, radio and i-Pod docking station.
* Drawing room.
* Dining room with table under a chandelier.
* Well equipped kitchen with original flagged stone floor, electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and microwave.
* First floor: Master double bedroom with King size four poster bed, original Georgian fireplace and en-suite bathroom with hand basin and WC.
* Double bedroom with King size bed, fireplace and en-suite bathroom with hand basin and WC.
* Double bedroom with en-suite wet room with hand basin and WC.
* Double bedroom.
* Bathroom with hand basin and WC.
* All gas, electric, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi provided.
* Cot and 2 z beds available for children's use.
* Private parking.
* Shared use of the extensive gardens with furniture and barbeque.
* The cottages can be rented separately or together to provide luxurious accommodation for 14 people.Read more
BELTINGHAM HOUSE, Beltingham, Nr Bardon Mill, Northumbria Bolton by Bowland, North West England, England
Additional Location Information
AvailableUnavailableLast updated: March 12, 2014◀▶
Rates shown in
(Rental listed originally in GBP)(change)
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.