- 3 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
Description from the owner
We think you'll love your vacation at our beautiful, private and spacious property, but don't take it from us. Here are excerpts from Homeaway/VRBO reviews of our very happy guests in 2012:
***'The house is superb and every little detail has been thought through'***
***'Beautiful property, even better than the pictures! Peaceful and relaxing. Lots of space. Master bed/bath and fire pit are especielly amazing!'***
***'Beautiful, Relaxing, Perfect! One of the best homes we've stayed in for our family vacation.'***
***Thanks for making it such a smooth rental...We rent 4-5 times a year and this was the easily the most has...Read more
Hist. Lake Bomoseen Home,22+Acres, Pvt Waterfront
Lake Bomoseen, Vermont
Additional Location Information
With 300' of waterfront on the largest lake inside of Vermont's borders (Lake Bomoseen), Johnson's on Bomoseen is only 29 miles from Pico Ski Resort, 34 miles from Killington Base Lodge and Resort, and 39 miles to Okemo Mountain Resort. Johnson's On Bomoseen is the perfect location for a summer or winter getaway to the best that Vermont has to offer.
We are 20 minutes from Rutland, VT, 25 miles from Middlebury, VT, 45 minutes from Great Escapes 6 Flags and Queensbury, NY Outlet shopping, Lake George, Glens Falls. We are about an hour from Manchester outlet shopping.
Our 22.6 acre property boasts over 300' of waterfront on Lake Bomoseen and 715' of waterfront on Love's Marsh Waterfowl Wilderness Reserve.
About Lake Bomoseen: In early days the Native Americans loved to camp near these waters. The name, Bomoseen, or 'Beautiful waters,' indicates the appreciation the natives had for one of the loveliest sheets of water on earth. Lake Bomoseen is a freshwater lake in the western part of the state of Vermont in the towns of Castleton and Hubbardton in Rutland County. It is the largest lake that lies entirely within Vermont's boundaries, with a surface area of approximately 9.6 square kilometres (2,400 acres). A portion of the lake's shoreline is contained within Bomoseen State Park. Most of the remaining area around the lake is privately owned. The lake has such recreational accommodations as a public beach, marinas, waterfront restaurants, and public boat launches, in addition to the state park. There are approximately 1,000 residences around the lake, as well as shopping, restaurants and other commercial facilities.
Neshobe Island on Lake Bomoseen played weekend escape to members of New York's elite literary set, who met weekly at Manhattan's Algonquin Hotel, and their friends from the mid 1920s to early '40s. Ethel Barrymore, Irving Berlin, Vivian Leigh, Harpo Marx, Laurence Olivier, Dorothy Parker and other celebrities frequented literary critic Alexander Woolcott's 7-acre island retreat, which was sold in February 1998 for $675,000 to a New York family that intends to live there year-round.
Activities on and around Lake Bomoseen include:
-Boating, water skiing, wakeboarding, scuba diving, wind surfing, swimming, fishing, camping in the summer and hunting during season.
-Ice Fishing, snow shoeing, ,cross country skiing, and snowmobiling in winter.
-Crystal beach: volley ball, swimming, playground, Picnicing, basketball.
-Great Antiquing, bird watching, outlet shopping, horseback riding and scenic drives all year round
-Bomoseen State Park: Camping, swimming, volleyball, hiking.
-Hiking and biking on The Long Trail
-Rock climbing, paragliding and cliff jumping.
-Fishing: bass, panfish, lake trout, brown trout, yellow perch, smelt, and northern pike.
-Prospect Bay Country Club- 9-hole Public Golf Course
-Diamond Run Mall, the state's second largest shopping mall, Manchester and Queensbury have excellent Outlet shopping
-Vermont State Fairground
More About This Location
Lake nearby, Waterfront
Last updated on September 01, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 1 other Lake Bomoseen rentalsCheck Availability for Lake Bomoseen
Rates shown in $ USD
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $400
- Tax rate | 9% of rent
- Cleaning fee | $150 per stay
- Cleaning Fee | $150 per stay
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
- Pet Fee per pet (dog) | $25 per day
- Additional guests above 8 | $25 per day
Additional notes from the owner
- Cleaning fee is $130-$160 (more for 2+ week stays), please inquire.
- Pets are family too! At the discretion of the owner, we welcome your Dog. Pet Fee: $25 per night per pet with additional Pet Damage Deposit, weekly rate discounted to $150.
- 9% VT State Taxes NOT included in rental rate.
- Extra charge for additional Guests exceeding 8 = $25 per Guest per night or $140 per week. All daytime or overnight guests must be identified on rental agreement.
- There Is A Refundable Damage Deposit either $300 or $400 depending on length of stay. There is an *Optional* non-refundable one time $49 Damage Protection Insurance fee (protects your damage deposit and covers more significant damage to the home of over $150.
Booking Deposits and Fees:
50% of rental fees due at reservation, balance due 60 days prior to arrival. Total due when booking less than 60 days out.
- Minimum age to rent the Property is 25 years of age unless specific approval is provided in writing. Responsible College Students who post a Cash Damage Security Deposit and a Damage Security Bond will be considered. Please call for details and restrictions.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellation of reservations must be made sixty (60) days or more prior to arrival. A cancellation fee equal to 20% of the total rental amount will be charged on reservations canceled more than sixty (60) days prior to arrival. Late cancellations with less than sixty (60) days notice (90 days for rentals of 30 days or more) will result in forfeiture of the full advance deposit. See Rental Agreement for details.
- Check in 4 PM on 1st day and check out 10:30 AM of last day for all rentals.
We except Visa, Master card, Discover, PayPal, and personal/ cashier checks for US dollars.
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Alarm Clock
- A/C or climate control
- Central heating
- Local Guides/Maps
- Housekeeping Optional
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Mountain Views
- Ocean or water views
- Paper Towels Provided
- Stove or Oven
- DVD Player
- Satellite or cable TV
- Stereo or CD player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Swing set or jungle gym
- Pet friendly - yes
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - ask
- 2200 square feet