Brookwood is a delightful base from which to explore Bowness on Windermere and the surrounding scenery at any time of year. This three bedroomed cottage sleeping 5 has been lovingly furnished and decorated throughout. Membership to a nearby leisure club is included.Brookwood is set at the corner of a quiet, residential, private drive in an elevated location, with Lake Windermere and a wide variety of shops and restaurants within a five minute walk.
The location of the cottage is fantastic, the Dales way begins only a few hundred yards away, the beautiful view points of Post Knott, Brant Fell and Briskey Howe all within an easy walk.
Lake cruises and boat hire are available from the shores of the Lake, or you could take the car ferry across the lake and visit Beatrix Potter country.
Brookwood is an ideal base for a memorable holiday in the Lake District at any time of year.
Brookwood is an Edwardian property, which has been lovingly and sympathetically renovated by the owner who lives in the other part of the house, retaining many of the period features with high ceilings, sash windows and large rooms.
The centrally heated cottage comprises:
* Spacious lounge overlooking the garden with TV, DVD player, selection of DVD’s, books and maps and feature gas fire.
* Kitchen with breakfast bar, electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
* Dining room with dressed wooden flooring and decorative fireplace.
* Shower room with hand basin and WC.
* First floor:
Double bedroom with king size bed and distant lake views with the fell towering above.
* Single bedroom.
* Twin bedroom.
* Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
* Bed linen, gas and electric included (October to March £50 included, excess charged for).
* Private parking for 2 cars.
* Good sized sunny and south-facing private mature garden, laid to lawn with garden furniture.
* Stone out building suitable for storing bikes and walking gear.
* Complimentary membership of Parklands Leisure Club included.
* Please note this property is not suitable for children under 7 years old.Read more
BROOKWOOD COTTAGE, Bowness on Windermere Bowness & Windermere, Cumbria, England
Additional Location Information
AvailableUnavailableLast updated: April 13, 2014◀▶
Rates shown in
(Rental listed originally in GBP)(change)
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
Brookwood Cottage was perfect for our family holiday - spotlessl
Left on 08/29/2013 for a stay in July 2013 | Margaret
A beautiful home just a few minutes walk from the stunning view of Lake Windermere with easy access to the fells above. A great location for our, family holiday. Brookwood is spacious, spotlessly clean, comfortable, relaxing and well equipped. We particularly loved the master bedroom with its dressing table. Set above the centre of Bowness makes it peaceful and quiet but is only a very short walk from a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants. The friendly owner who lives next door gave us good advice about places to visit.
Left on 09/17/2012 for a stay in August 2012 | Rich
Very comfy cottage. Rooms are great size, light and airy. Landlady friendly, welcoming and helpful. Cottage is located just up the hill from centre of Bowness, convenient for Lake, shops, and pubs/restaurants. Access to leisure facilities and hotel just down the road a real bonus.
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.