19th Century House with View of Burgundy Vineyards

Excellent

1 review

From $194 / night


Hide Property Details

  • 3 bedrooms
  • 1 bathrooms
  • Sleeps 6
  • House

Named after the powerful dukes of Burgundy who ruled this region in the Middle Ages, Maison Valois is a charming stone-built village house that has architectural characteristics typical of this area. Located in a private gated courtyard on a quiet village street, the house has three bedrooms, a large living area with fireplace, a dining area that looks across the fields and vineyards, and a large garden where you can enjoy the spectacular views. The house is enhanced by antique furniture that is from the region. The kitchen is large, airy and stocked with all the equipment you need to create your meals made with ingredients that you purchase...Read more

Map

19th Century House with View of Burgundy Vineyards
Burgundy, France

What's Nearby:

Restaurants Attractions Nearby Rentals

Additional Location Information

The house is located in an authentic and characterful village on the Route de Cremant in the Cote d'Or region of Burgundy. Strolling around the village, you will see a church that is on the list of Historical Monuments of France, a chateau, an ancient 'lavoir' (wash house), a tree-lined river, vineyards and a winery that produces and sells Cremant, the sparkling white wine of Burgundy. The house is equipped with 5 bicycles, so feel free to cycle into the gently rolling countryside outside the village.

At a short 10 minute drive is the charming market town of Chatillon sur Seine, where you will find all the amenities that you need, including a bustling weekly market, large grocery stores, restaurants, a cinema and lots of little shops and businesses. Chatillon was a residence of the early dukes of Burgundy and has a beautiful 10th century church, interesting walks and historical streets and houses.

Many fascinating and beautiful sites are within an easy drive of the house, including the medieval towns of Dijon and Semur en Auxois, the ancient pilgrim destination of Vezelay, the 12th century Fontenay Abbey, and numerous chateaux and picturesque villages. And, of course, you are very well located for exploring the vineyards of the area, since you can tour the wine roads of the Cote de Nuits and Cote de Beaune to the south and the area of Champagne a few miles to the north of the house.

The area has many natural attractions, such as the Parc du Morvan, where you can hike, bike or picnic. Of course, you may wish to spend your days relaxing at the house, cooking a fine dinner and watching the star-studded night sky. There is so much to do and see in this wonderful area of France!

More About This Location

Rural retreats

Availability

Last updated on September 16, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 137 other Burgundy rentals
Check Availability for Burgundy

Rates

Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)


DatesNightlyWeeklyMonthlyMinimum Stay
All dates
$194$1,1651 Night
Enter dates to see your price
Don't see rates for your trip?

Additional notes from the owner

30% is due at time of reservation, remaining 70% is due 4 weeks prior to stay.

Amenities

General
  • Alarm Clock
  • Towels Provided
  • Washing Machine
  • Housekeeping Optional
  • Local Guides/Maps
  • Fireplace
  • Central heating
  • Linens Provided
Phone / Internet
  • Internet Access
  • Telephone
Property Features
  • Parking
Kitchen
  • Microwave
  • Stove or Oven
  • Refrigerator
  • Toaster
  • Paper Towels Provided
  • Freezer
  • Grill
Entertainment
  • Satellite or cable TV
  • DVD Player
  • Stereo or CD player
  • Television
  • Books
Outdoor
  • Garden
  • Outdoor Dining Area
Suitability
  • Pet friendly - ask
  • Smoking allowed - no
  • Suitable for children - yes
  • Suitable for the elderly - yes
  • Wheelchair accessible - no
Living space
  • 140 square meters

What Past Guests Are Saying

Have you stayed here? Write a review

1 guest review

Show Reviews

Also Consider

FlipKey has rentals in over 11,000 destinations around the world: