- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
This is a light-filled Victorian home with views of the bay. It is in a perfect location between Camden and Rockport, where you can leave your car in the driveway and walk to a number of attractions in the surrounding area. The house is on a quiet side street and the property provides excellent privacy.
Home features a classic sunroom with a glass roof, filling the room with light by day and stars by night. You can enjoy the daylight, even on rainy and foggy days. Stone steps lead down to a shady slate patio, furnished with teak table and chairs.
House was continually upgraded during the years by keeping its charm from the past. I...Read more
Bright Classic Victorian Home in Camden Maine
Additional Location Information
The home is located in a quiet residential neighborhood between Camden and Rockport, Maine.
Its central location allows you to experience a number of attractions in walking distance:
* Laite Beach - Laite Beach is just a short walk down the road. There are picnic tables, swings, and a beautiful panorama of the bay. This is a pebble beach, perfect for searching for shells, sea glass and other treasures. There is also a swimming platform about 100 feet off shore (if you don't mind the brisk water).
* Camden Harbor - The town center and the harbor are a pleasant 15 minute walk.
* Windjammer and Sailing Cruises - You can take a cruise on windjammers docked in either Camden, Rockport, or Rockland.
* Kayaking - You can rent a kayak for Megunticook Lake or, for the more adventurous, Camden and Rockport harbors, and Penobscot Bay.
* Lobster Dinner and More - There are plenty of restaurants to choose from right in Camden. Of course, if you want a real Maine Coast experience, try the Lobster Pounds in the area. Camden also offers great places for breakfast and lunch. Just to mention a few, you should definitely try Boynton-McKay located in the former pharmacy and soda fountain, Camden Deli across the street with outside seating overlooking the harbor, or the coffeehouse Zoot.
* Hike up the Mountains - One can certainly drive up to Mount Battie to enjoy the view, but if you want more exercise, there are several hiking trails up to the mountain ridges, ranging from easy to more difficult. One trail starts at the foot of the hill in Camden, just past the Library.
* Curtis Island Lighthouse - A short 10 minute walk will take you to an almost hidden path - off the beaten track - that offers a restful place to view the lighthouse as well as boats sailing into Camden Harbor. If you're lucky, you may even see a bald eagle. (There is a nest on the island.)
* "Oreo Cows" at Aldermere Farm - If you continue on towards Rockport, you will pass by the cemetery and then Aldermere Farm with Belted Galloways ("Oreo Cows").
* Children's Chapel - Just before you reach Rockport village, turn left along the golf course and follow the signs for the Children's Chapel. The garden and the view are well worth the walk.
* Rockport Harbor - A beautiful tranquil harbor with trails on either side.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation
Car is recommended
Last updated on July 09, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 9 other Camden rentalsCheck Availability for Camden
Rates shown in $ USD
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Tax rate | 8% of rent
- Damage deposit | $750
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
- Extra Day | $125 per day
- Central heating
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Long term rentals allowed (over 1 month)
- Hair dryer
- Towels Provided
- Local Guides/Maps
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Ocean or water views
- Paper Towels Provided
- Stove or Oven
- Stereo or CD player
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - ask
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no
- 2300 square feet