Primrose Cottage is a hideaway retreat close to the beaches and Bodmin Moor in Cornwall. With a four poster bed and large shared garden the cottage is ideal at any time of the year. There is walking, cycling, fishing, golf and pony trekking all close by, enough to entertain the whole family.
Cornwall is a county of diverse mix of sandy beaches, wild moorlands and peaceful woodlands. It boasts the longest stretch of coastline in the UK with 400 miles of coastal and river estuaries and over 300 beaches. Once you have enjoyed a day soaking up the sun or participating in the surfing, head inland and explore Bodmin Moor or Lizard Island and... view the medieval enclosures and Bronze Age settlements.
Camelford is in the River Camel valley, the river runs through the village and is 1 mile northwest of Bodmin Moor. The beautiful beach of Trebarwith Strand is 7 miles away and close by Boscastle, Tintagel, Padstow and Port Isaac can be explored. The Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan are within easy reach making the area an ideal base from which to enjoy a lazy day by the beach or take in the sights of this beautiful county.
Hideaway Cottages consist of 3 cottages 1.5 miles from Camelford in an area of peace and tranquillity. Located on the edge of the wild moors, down a quiet country lane once used by smugglers travelling from Trebarwith Strand to Jamaica Inn you will find this gem of a holiday retreat. The cottages were once moorland homes, but are now lovingly converted to combine modern day living with rustic charm, surrounded by farmland you can watch the local wildlife going about its daily business. Close by you can enjoy a days golfing, fishing, pony trekking, take advantage of the many cycle trails or visit one of the National Trust houses and gardens, in all a perfect base to enjoy Cornwall or simply laze around in the garden or at the beach.
Situated next to Sarah's Cottage, Primrose Cottage has beamed ceilings and leaded windows, is heated by night storage heaters and comprises:
* Lounge with granite fireplace with electric living flame effect wood stove, TV, DVD and CD players.
* Dining kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge and microwave.
* Bathroom with shower attachment over bath, hand basin and WC.
* First floor: Double bedroom with four poster bed.
* Bunk bedroom with additional small single bed.
* All night storage heating, bed linen and towels included.
* Initial £10 supply of electric, thereafter by £1 coin meter.
* Cot and highchair available.
* Ample private parking.
* There is shared use of the games room with table tennis table, football table, body boards for surfing and variety of games, toys, books and laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer.
* Each cottage has its own private patio with garden furniture and there is a BBQ with seating area in the shared garden for Primrose and Sarah's Cottages.
* Babysitting can be arranged on request.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is suitable to 2 adults and 2 children only
Additional amenities include: four poster bed: 1, october half term availability, no. bathrooms: 1, open fire or wb stove no, garden or outdoor area, bedrooms 2: 1, dog friendly, romantic breaks, pets yes, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, visit britain 3*, parking facilities: private parking, easter availability, february half term availability, no. bedrooms: 2, valentine availability, close to a beach, price f from £420 pw, summer school holidays, budget holidays, bathrooms 1: 1, changeover saturday, pets yes: 1 dog, sleeps 4, star grading: 3*, devon and cornwall.Read more
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.