|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
|Living space||650 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyYes
|Theme||Golf, Historic, Romantic, Beach, Ocean, Village|
Description from the manager
**Regular Rates $3000-$4000 per month. Save $500 to $1000 when booking 30-60 days prior to arrival**
Escape into a mini-fantasy world in this delightful 650-square-foot guest cottage situated in a quiet residential neighborhood just a block stroll to downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea. Sparkling clean and newly refurbished, this fanciful one-bedroom, with its accouterments of mermaids, seashells, starfish and other undersea imagery, offers a perfect vacation respite for up to three adults or two adults and two children.
This is the perfect setting for a romantic getaway, with its sunny, sand-sea-and-sky color scheme, whimsical objects d'...Read more
Save $500-$1500/mo.**Walk to Town Cottage, Pet ok
Additional Location Information
LOCATION Situated on the Carmel Bay in Central California on the southern bend of the Monterey Peninsula, Carmel-by-the-Sea is 120 miles south of San Francisco, 350 miles north of Los Angeles and 26 miles north of Big Sur.
POPULATION 4,038 according to the 2006 census.
HISTORY OF FOUNDING Fifty years after Columbus discovered America, Spanish explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo sighted the white sands and green pines of Carmel. Two centuries later, in 1771, Father Junipero Serra established Mission San Carlos de Borromeo on a knoll overlooking the Carmel Bayâ€”the jewel and the heartbreak of his ministry. In the early 1900s, the village of Carmel began its growth around an eclectic group of young artists, writers and intellectuals.
CLIMATE Carmel enjoys moderately warm temperatures year round, with an average high of 65Â° F and an average low of 48Â° F. September and October (Indian Summer) offer the best weather of the year, with an average high of 72Â° F. Average rainfall, primarily between November and April, is 15 inches. Coastal fog is prevalent during the summer.
TRANSPORTATION United, American, Delta, and America West offer direct flights to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City out of the Monterey Airport, which is 10 minutes from downtown Carmel. Rental cars are available. Amtrak and Greyhound bus stations are also nearby.
RESTAURANTS More than 60 coffee houses, bakeries, pubs, bistros and exceptional restaurants, highlight dining in Carmel. These establishments serve a bounty of international and regional cuisines â€” utilizing fresh produce grown locally in the fertile Salinas Valley, and fresh seafood from the azure waters of Monterey Bay. Monterey County is also home to more than 75 wineries, many of which offer daily tastings of wines produced with varietal grapes grown on 45,000 acres of vineyards.
GALLERIES Carmel has been a mecca for artists, writers and musicians since the turn of the last century. Today, more than 100 art studios, galleries and antique stores represent the works of master artists, both local and from around the world.
SHOPPING Carmel boasts four exceptional shopping venues: The neighborhood of quaint shops, antique stores, boutiques and galleries centered on Ocean Avenue in town; The Carmel Plaza, also on Ocean Avenue; as well as The Barnyard Shopping Village and the Crossroads Shopping Center, both located at the mouth of the Carmel Valley.
FESTIVALS Each year, thousands of visitors are drawn to the diversity of art, drama, music and literary events designed to promote Carmel's celebrated cultural contributions and traditions. Some of the most popular events include: the annual Carmel Art Festival, the annual Carmel Bach Festival, and the Carmel Shakespeare Festival featuring performances at the Outdoor Forest Theater and the Golden Bough Theater.
RECREATION Visitors can enjoy the charm of downtown Carmel's charm and the natural beauty of California's central coast while engaging in a variety of outdoor activities, including horseback riding; jogging, walking and bicycling along coastal bluffs; and fishing, kayaking, surfing or SCUBA diving off Monastery Beach. Several renowned golf courses and tennis clubs are also located nearby.
The Monterey Peninsula is unique in its combination of breathtaking natural resources and a multiplicity of cultural and entertainment possibilities. You can find something for every possible taste. For nature lovers, there is the diversity of mountain and sea, for picnicking, surfing, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, beach-combing, bird-watching, kayaking, scuba diving, tide-pooling, biking and more. If you want a man-made excitement, we have art galleries galore, excellent fine-art museums, local theater, outstanding restaurants, boutiques, a natural history and a childrens museum, a world-class aquarium, and that's just for starters. History buffs will have a field day exploring the adobes of Monterey. There's so much to do that you cannot possibly do it all in one visit, which means you will just have to come back again and again!
Location Type Beach, Ocean, Village
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$100||$100||$0||$3,000 - $4,000||30 nights|
|Mar. 1 2013 - May. 31 2013
|Jun. 1 2013 - Aug. 31 2013
|Sep. 1 2013 - Oct. 31 2013
|Nov. 1 2013 - Feb. 28 2014
|All Other Dates||$100||$100||-||$3,000||30 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
Additional notes from owner
**Regular Rates $3000-$4000 per month. Save $500 to $1000 per month when booking 30-60 days prior to arrival**
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
1 month minimum rental requirement per city of Carmel. Winter and Spring may be rented for $2200-$2500 if staying 14- 21 days or less with an exclusive 30 day prorated contract.
* When rented with main house (VRC#3274), rent is discounted to $2500 per month; otherwise normal VRConnection rates apply.
* Non-refundable check out cleaning fee $250. Weekly cleaning available by request.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* PG&E; gas and electricity are paid by guest.
* Rental rates for the Guest House alone are based on up to 2 guests, including infants and children. Maximum occupancy for BOTH Main House and Guest House combined is 10, including infants and children. (In Main House, max of 5 adults and 1 child for total of 6; and Guest House max of 3 adults, and 1 child or 2 adults and 2 small children for a total of 4).
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
*Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog ); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price. Must sign Pet Waiver and have Purchased Waiver Fee $75.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 01, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Perfect in every way
This is a fantastic place to stay. The house is spotless, furnished thoughtfully, and extremely well equipped. The location is so peaceful. I could tell that the owners really took time to make sure this was a great experience for any one staying in the home. The office staff are available, helpful, and very nice to deal with. I recommend this rental home and company highly and with out reservation. I will definitely be retuning to this location. Perfect.
great place, little but perfect. my husband our dog and I had a great time, the cottage is in a residential area away from traffic so is very quiet at night. Very romantic and cosy.
Adelaide, South Australia
A lovely little place in a wonderful position; quiet, super-comfortable and close enough to walk to Carmel-by-the-Sea village with its many restaurants and shops.
The extra 'luxuries' supplied like bathrobes were well appreciated.
The only problem I encountered was handled quickly and efficiently.
All in all, our stay in Torres Cottage was
We would absolutely stay in this property again and would definitely recommend it to ouy friends - but not when we want it!
Cozy and comfy
Everything went super smooth, the instructions were very clear. Everything we possibly needed was at the little cottage, and it was great to have a bbq too! Having internet access was a huge plus, as we took our computer to look up good places to eat or pretty hikes to go on. I would definitely recommend this place to any couple looking for a romantic getaway. It's a very private place with fencing all the way around, and we really liked that. We had considered taking our dog, and they do allow dogs at this cottage. They even provide supplies if you do decide to take your dog, as Carmel is super dog-friendly from what I hear. It was also really nice to have the aquarium passes, because that saved us $60! Overall, a great place to stay :)
Bay Area, California
This rental was the sweetest get away experience!
I spent a weekend in this lovely cottage with my husband and my mother who was visiting us from Europe. We had a wonderful time here feeling as if we were at home. The interior of the cottage is beutiful and very comfortable. It's a small little place with everything in it one needs for a relaxing weekend. We loved the location also, as the house is in the herat of Carmel. Me and my husband are looking forward to returning for an other lovely weekend.