|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
|Living space||3200 square feet|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
|Theme||Golf, Romantic, Spa, Away from it all, Mountain, Ocean|
Description from the manager
This extraordinary home combines a love of nature and with luxury living to create an environment that captures the essence of the Central Coast of California. Situated on an acre bluff in Carmel Highlands, this secluded 3,200 square-foot, 2-level A-frame house, with its sweeping ocean and mountain views, has an indoor/outdoor orientation designed to take full advantage of the breathtaking surroundings.
Spacious living areas, with vaulted wood-beamed ceilings, skylights, a wood-burning stove insert (with a bountiful supply of wood provided), a wall of windows, comfortable furnishings and ocean views, are conducive to warm social time. A...Read more
Panoramic Ocean/Mtn Views, Pool, Hot Tub, Private
Carmel Highlands, California
Additional Location Information
The Monterey Peninsula is unique in its combination of breathtaking natural resources and a multiplicity of cultural and entertainment possibilities. You can find something for every possible taste. For nature lovers, there is the diversity of mountain and sea, for picnicking, surfing, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, beachcombing, bird-watching, kayaking, scuba diving, tidepooling, biking and more. If you want a man-made excitement, we have art galleries galore, excellent fine-art museums, local theater, outstanding restaurants, boutiques, a natural history and a children's museum, a world-class aquarium, and that's just for starters. History buffs will have a field day exploring the adobes of Monterey. There's so much to do that you cannot possibly do it all in one visit, which means you will have to come back.
Location Type Away from it all, Mountain, Ocean
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$765 - $850||$765 - $850||$5,600 - $5,950||$22,950||4 nights|
|Mar. 10 2013 - Dec. 31 2013
30 + NIGHTS
|Mar. 10 2013 - Dec. 31 2013
8 TO 29 NIGHTS
|Apr. 2 2013 - Dec. 31 2013
4 TO 7 NIGHTS
|All Other Dates||$850||$850||$5,950||$22,950||7 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
Additional notes from owner
* Holidays/Special Events: Martin Luther King, AT&T; Golf, President's Day, Sea Otter Classic, Easter, Big Sur Marathon, Memorial Day, PGA Golf Tournament, 4th of July, Moto GP Laguna Seca, Concours d'Elegance, Labor Day, Monterey Jazz Festival, Big Sur Half Marathon, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years.
* Holiday Rates: Add $50 or more per night to above rates. (7 night minimums)
** 8/11 to 8/18 $1000 per night (7 night minimum)
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
FOUR NIGHT MINIMUM DURING ALL SEASONS. OWNER IS ALSO FIRM ON THEIR MINIMUM NUMBER OF NIGHTS AND RATES DURING THE SUMMER SEASON AND HOLIDAYS (LAST MINUTE SPECIALS WITHIN 7 DAYS OF ARRIVAL ARE THE EXCEPTION).
* There are areas on the Monterey Peninsula that require a 7 night minimum stay. Please call to confirm availability.
* 10.5% County transient occupancy tax applicable to base rental fees.
*$300 Hot Tub Use Deposit (Refundable if left in good condition).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent at a flat fee of $425
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* No Pets Allowed at this location. Please ask about our other pet friendly homes!
* If you want to set-up the king bed combo as 2 twins, please complete and return the Sleep Arrangement Form and send in at least two weeks prior to your arrival.
* Children must be supervised by an adult at all times during your stay since there is a pool on the premises.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E; gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full and credit card is on file.
* This is a 2 story residence so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 15, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Our expectations were surpassed as soon as we turned up the drive and opened the door to an amazing ocean view and beautiful home.
There were seven of us friends (three couples and a single) staying together to celebrate months of training for the Big Sur Marathon. We needed comfy beds, plenty of bathrooms and a kitchen so we could prepare our own food. We got all that and more. There was plenty of space for each of us to find some solitude and then come back together for friendship and fun.
Sitting in the spa while looking out onto the ocean is an experience I won't soon forget.
On the final morning we all sat quietly on the patio gazing at the ocean view and sighed...too bad we had to leave was on all our minds.
We all want to go back!
Great house and location!
We had a great time here in Big Sur and can't thank you enough for generously offering your beautiful house to us. The views are spectacular and the house is so comfortable. Anything we found ourselves needing we knew we could find once we opened the right drawer. Each appliance, including the luxurious hot tub, functioned seamlessly which made our stay that much more pleasant. Simply admiring your various collections of portholes, anchors and dolphin figurines was an enjoyable past time in and of itself. We would also like to thank you for your suggestion to hike the trails of Point Lobos ~ what views! We also had a wonderful hike through andrew Molera State Park. As well, the boys had a blast playing pool. You really have quite the place here and we were so lucky to spend a week here in the coastal hills of the Carmel/Big Sur area. Thanks so much!
The H Family
Thank you for a wonderful family reunion ~ your house and garden are beautiful, comfortable, perfectly located and have every convenience. The views are gorgeous; we loved cooking outside in the colorful garden, watching the changing ocean and mist come in over the hills! Gorgeous, beautiful, peaceful as you well know!