Exquisite Panoramic Ocean and Mountain Views!
- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- sleeps 4
Description from the owner
Singing Pines is a lovely light filled property which offers rare and unparalleled views of the entire Carmel Bay, Pt. Lobos State Preserve, Pebble Beach and all mountains both east and west of the ocean. Located at the highest point in Carmel-by-the-Sea and slightly above the treeline, this home puts you on top of the world! You may never want to leave as the views are absolutely magnificent..... sunrises and sunsets from every room. Large and Private!
This house is usually offered as a 3 bedroom /3 bath Vacation Rental for all Holidays, Special Events, Summer Season unless it is within 7 days of arrival during all seasons and then you...Read more
Exquisite Panoramic Ocean and Mountain Views!
Additional Location Information
LOCATION - Situated on the Carmel Bay in Central California on the southern bend of the Monterey Peninsula, Carmel-by-the-Sea is 120 miles south of San Francisco, 350 miles north of Los Angeles and 26 miles north of Big Sur.
SIZE - Carmel-by-the-Sea is one square mile of incorporated city.
POPULATION - 4,038 according to the 2006 census.
HISTORY OF FOUNDING - Fifty years after Columbus discovered America, Spanish explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo sighted the white sands and green pines of Carmel. Two centuries later, in 1771, Father Junipero Serra established Mission San Carlos de Borromeo on a knoll overlooking the Carmel Bayâ€”the jewel and the heartbreak of his ministry. In the early 1900s, the village of Carmel began its growth around an eclectic group of young artists, writers and intellectuals.
CLIMATE - Carmel enjoys moderately warm temperatures year round, with an average high of 65Â° F and an average low of 48Â° F. September and October (Indian Summer) offer the best weather of the year, with an average high of 72Â° F. Average rainfall, primarily between November and April, is 15 inches. Coastal fog is prevalent during the summer.
TRANSPORTATION - United, American, Delta, and America West offer direct flights to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City out of the Monterey Airport, which is 10 minutes from downtown Carmel. Rental cars are available. Amtrak and Greyhound bus stations are also nearby.
RESTAURANTS - More than 60 coffee houses, bakeries, pubs, bistros and exceptional restaurants, highlight dining in Carmel. These establishments serve a bounty of international and regional cuisines â€” utilizing fresh produce grown locally in the fertile Salinas Valley, and fresh seafood from the azure waters of Monterey Bay. Monterey County is also home to more than 75 wineries, many of which offer daily tastings of wines produced with varietal grapes grown on 45,000 acres of vineyards.
GALLERIES - Carmel has been a mecca for artists, writers and musicians since the turn of the last century. Today, more than 100 art studios, galleries and antique stores represent the works of master artists, both local and from around the world.
SHOPPING - Carmel boasts four exceptional shopping venues: The neighborhood of quaint shops, antique stores, boutiques and galleries centered on Ocean Avenue in town; The Carmel Plaza, also on Ocean Avenue; as well as The Barnyard Shopping Village and the Crossroads Shopping Center, both located at the mouth of the Carmel Valley.
FESTIVALS - Each year, thousands of visitors are drawn to the diversity of art, drama, music and literary events designed to promote Carmel's celebrated cultural contributions and traditions. Some of the most popular events include: the annual Carmel Art Festival, the annual Carmel Bach Festival, and the Carmel Shakespeare Festival featuring performances at the Outdoor Forest Theater and the Golden Bough Theater.
RECREATION - Visitors can enjoy the charm of downtown Carmel's charm and the natural beauty of California's central coast while engaging in a variety of outdoor activities, including horseback riding; jogging, walking and bicycling along coastal bluffs; and fishing, kayaking, surfing or SCUBA diving off Monastery Beach. Several renowned golf courses and tennis clubs are also located nearby.
Location Type Mountain, Ocean, Town
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: November 16, 2012 ◀▶
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Dates||Nightly||Weekly||Monthly||Min Night Stay|
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
Additional notes from owner
* THE RATES IN THE RATE TABLE ARE FOR ONLY ONE OF THE 1 BEDROOM, 1 BATH UNITS ONLY. THE RATES FOR RENTING THE WHOLE HOUSE, 3 BEDROOMS AND 3 BATHS RANGE FROM $450-$700 PER NIGHT AND $2600-$6500 PER WEEK AND ($7500 PER MONTH WINTER ONLY) DEPENDING ON SEASONS, HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL EVENTS.
** Holidays/Special Events: Martin Luther King, AT&T; Golf, President's Day, Sea Otter Classic, Easter,
Big Sur Marathon, Memorial Day, PGA Golf, 4th of July, Moto GP Laguna Seca, Concours d'Elegance, Labor Day,
Monterey Jazz Festival, Big Sur Half Marathon, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year:
* 10.5% County transient occupancy tax applicable to base rental fees.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests, including infants and children, and if the rental is for 1BD/1BA or 3BD/3BA: $175 to $400.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Insurance $55 for each suite instead of security deposit (covers up to $1,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* Sorry but no pets and no smoking allowed. We have many other pet friendly homes available; call us at 831-373-7103
* With the exception of Holidays and Special Events (listed above) Main and Guest Quarters may be rented separately in the off season (Winter) or at owners discretion. If rented together, separate contracts will be issued for each of the two suites and require separate payments. Please make sure you know whether you are renting the entire 3 Bedroom and 3 Bath house, or just one of the two available suites - Downstairs Main Suite or Upstairs Guest Suite(1 Bedroom each).
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* Stays of 30 nights or more require that guest pay PG&E; (gas and electric) charges.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
** Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
* 2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval unless it is a Last Minute Special.
* Last-Minute Specials!! $50 to $100 discount per night, depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.
- Telephone [?]
- High Speed Internet
- Wireless Internet
- Water Views
- Mountain Views
- Ocean Views [?]
- Electric Stove
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Grill [?]
- Washing Machine
- High Definition TV
- Music Library
- Movie/Video Library
- DVD Player
- Stereo System
- Cable TV
- Beach Towels
- Beach Chairs
- Pet friendly - No
- Smoking allowed - No
- Suitable for children - Ask
- Suitable for the elderly - Ask
- Wheelchair accessible - No
- 900 square feet
About the owner
Sanctuary Vacation Rentals
Response rate 28%
Response time More than a week
Calendar updated 16 months ago
Rating 5.0 / 5.0 Based on 1 propertyMore about this owner »
$10,000 PEACE OF MIND GUARANTEE
Paying via FlipKey protects your reservation for up to $10,000. Learn more ›