Fully restored over the last 15 years, the Chateau now boasts the grandeur of stone vaulted ceilings and monumental fireplaces, and yet is extremely comfortable and homely. It is a very rare find indeed! Set around two sides of the courtyard, and enjoying wonderful views
looking outward towards the north and west, the day-to-day accommodation
is spread over one floor. There is a large Kitchen which also has a breakfast area, and a seating area in front of the large open fireplace. The kitchen area itself, based around a large island, is fully equipped. French doors lead onto the north garden as well as the cove...red terrace in the courtyard. The Living Room is very much the heart of the house, with a large open fireplace, and internal doors to the sitting room and kitchen, but also out into the courtyard via French doors. Ideal for large groups, there is also a small Sitting Room for quieter times. From the Sitting Room, there are stairs down to the Vaulted Dining Room which seats 16 easily and the Vaulted Drawing Room.
There are 10 bedrooms in total, 6 in the main house and 4 in the Guest House. These are detailed as below;
* Bedroom 1 is a large double bedroom with sitting area and en suite bathroom & shower, but can be used as a family room (there is a Day Bed and a cot in the sitting area).
* Bedroom 2 is a double bedroom, with a brand new en-suite bathroom & shower upstairs via a spiral staircase.
* Bedroom 3 is a double bedroom with a new large ensuite bathroom with a copper bath suite.
* Bedroom 4 is on the first floor.
It is a double room with an en-suite shower room.
* Bedroom 5 is a double bedroom.There is a large family bath and shower room which is shared with Bedroom 6.
* Bedroom 6 is a twin bedroom and is open plan. It is ideal to be used with Bedroom 5 as a family suite.
The Guest Cottage has an additional Kitchen and Living Area as well as the four further bedrooms;
* Bedroom 7 (1A) is a double bedroom.
It is next door to the large family bathroom.
* Bedroom 8 (2A) is a twin room with access to a first floor shower room (Jack and Jill arrangement)
* Bedroom 9 (3A) is a double bedroom with access to the first floor shower room (Jack and Jill arrangement)
* Bedroom 10 (4A) is a double room and has sole use of a new shower room on the ground floorOutdoor living
Tucked away at one end of the garden and partially set in a 'ruin', the swimming pools is extremely private.There are plenty of recliners and garden seating to laze away the day from. There is also a
flat roof terrace over the pump house, offering the ideal sun trap from which to enjoy a bird's eye view of the property.
The 25 hectares of garden have a bit of everything - formal and graceful gardens surround the property, giving way to more natural parkland planted with a range of 8000 trees, whilst more mature woods can be found to the rear. The driveway itself is accessed through electrically-operated wrought iron gates and is tree-lined, and there is an additional side driveway.Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.