This stunning thatched cottage is surrounded by its own garden and has retained many original features including beams, tiled floors and cast iron range, having being lovingly modernised it now provides for all your holiday requirements.
The cottage also has complimentary use of the nearby hotel pool and gym, there are also 2 golf courses nearby and walking and cycling from the door ensuring what ever the weather you will find a leisure activity for the whole family to enjoy.
The peaceful hamlet of Edge is located 2 miles from the market town of Malpas in the beautiful south Cheshire countryside.
Higher Carden is a couple of... miles further north.
Both cottages are the perfect base to explore the varied and interesting surrounding area.
The walled Roman city of Chester is 12 miles away with the picturesque River Dee, medieval rows and stunning Cathedral. Both cottages are close to the Bickerton Hills and the Sandstone Trail. There are many historic castles and gardens, like Cholmondeley, Beeston and Chirk, and National Trust properties (our favourite is Erddig) to visit – all within close proximity.
The cottages are only a few minutes from the prestigious Carden Park Hotel and guests are treated to complimentary passes for full use of the Hotel’s award winning spa and leisure facilities (pool and gym). The Hotel also has two championship golf courses.
Brassey’s Contract Cottage is a unique thatch and timber framed property (circa 1650) and was originally part of the Edge Estate in south Cheshire.
It is set in two glorious acres including lawns, orchard, wild flower meadow and large pond (with floating duck house) – and with our three rescued donkeys often in residence!
The cottage has been carefully restored with natural stone flooring and exposed timbers, but without compromise on comfort.
It is elegantly furnished with period oak antiques, including Welsh dresser, coffers, chests and pictures.
All soft furnishings and beds are luxurious and to the highest standard.
There is full under-floor heating, flat screen TVs, i-Pod sound station and Wi-Fi.
The accommodation comprises:
* Spacious sitting room with Alston stone flagged floor.
This room is flooded with light and French doors lead out on to the garden’s terrace.
There is a wood burning stove, comfy Durresta sofas, TV and DVD player.
* The separate dining room seats six, with fruitwood refectory table and upholstered chairs.
* The kitchen is fully fitted with slate worktops, electric cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
* A cosy snug with cast iron range (sorry, not in use) has library chairs and court cupboard.
* Under the stairs is a study area with a desk and shelves lined with books and board games.
* The rear lobby has a washing machine and drying area and a downstairs cloakroom with power shower.
* First floor:
The master double bedroom suite, with king-size bed, has views over the wildlife pond and meadow and has a luxury slate en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
* The old thatched part of the cottage has two staircases giving access to two further bedrooms with magnificent timber beams and original lime plastered ceilings. One bedroom has a king size bed, TV and en-suite hand basin and WC.
* The other bedroom is a galleried twin bedroom with en-suite hand basin and WC.
* All fuel, electric, logs, bed linen, towels, complimentary toiletries and Wi-Fi provided.
* Cot and highchair available.
* Private parking for 3 cars.
* Extensive tended gardens with orchard, pond, meadow and garden furniture.
* Welcome pack on arrival of local produce.
* Complimentary use of the Carden Park Hotel pool and gym.
Additional amenities include: wood burning stove yes, wi-fi included, lancashire & cheshire, october half term availability, new cottages, no. bathrooms: 2, romantic breaks, no smoking, garden or outdoor area, christmas and new year availability, price dmm from £545 pw, easter availability, february half term availability, sleeps 6, visit britain 5*, valentine availability, open fire/stove: wood burning stove, may half term availability, pets no, leisure club facilities, bedrooms 3: 1, summer school holidays, school holiday discounts, parking facilities: private parking, cottages with leisure club, star grading: 5*, 5* cottages, no. bedrooms: 3, changeover friday, bathrooms 2: 1.Read more
BRASSEYS CONTRACT COTTAGE, Edge, Cheshire Cheshire, North West England, England
Additional Location Information
Last updated on July 24, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 32 other Cheshire rentals
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.