Why book small hotel rooms when you could book for the same price or for less this roomy comfortable 3 -star holiday flat for a stay of 2 nights or more?
54 m² 3-star flat + 10 m² balcony for 2 persons.
For mature sophisticated guests, who enjoy arts, culture, history, gastronomy, landscape we offer a comfortable holiday home:
Comfortable well equipped bright, traditionally furnished, clean 3 star holiday flat "like at home", electric heating, on 2nd floor of a well-built and well-kept quiet condo-building of 1992 with lift, locked courtyard in side street near railway line. Bed linen and towels are provided free of char...ge. For non-smokers. No pets. Lock-up on request. Center of Colmar in walking distance (800 m). We treat our guests like friends
Living/dining room 18 m2 : 80 cm flat screen HD-TV, French, German, Swiss channels, Wi-Fi (WLAN) free, Hi-fi/CD-set, solidly padded couch and chairs, coffee table, fauteuil "Voltaire", sideboard, reading lamps, oriental rug, French window to the balcony ...
Bedroom 15 m2 : Modern queen-size-bed 140 x 190 cm with modern foam mattress, additional folding bed, Alsatian cupboard, mirror, low table for bags and suitcases, French window to the balcony ...
Eat-in kitchen 7 m2 : Fully equipped, dining table 0,70 x 1,10 m, 2 chairs, electric Ceran stove, convection oven, coffee maker (filter), microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle, sufficient cookware, dishes, cutlery and glasses for several persons, double bowl sink, cleansing material ...
Balcony 10 m²: East-, north-, west-wards, round metal table 1,10 m, 2 chairs
Lock-up 15 m²: Inside of the courtyard next to the front door, door width: 2,08 m. Optional at extra cost € 4,-/night
Locked courtyard. Access by means of a Chip or key
Large supermarket "Intermarché" within eyeshot. Around the corner you´ll find a bus station, a pharmacy, optician, banks, gas stations, farmer's market, churches and speciality shops as there are bakery, coiffeur, lingerie store, shoe store, fast food, pizzeria etc. In the near center of town you´ll find a department store as well as a lot of well-assorted upmarket specialized shops (Rue des Clefs ...)
Colmar, the touristic hot spot:
Discover the historical center, the extensive pedestrian precinct where strolling through picturesque streets and passages with their medieval stud work houses or taking a short boat trip through little Venice is a great pleasure. Visitors savour also the famous Alsatian cuisine with their regional wines.
Art lovers from all over the world visit Unterlinden, one of France's most popular museums with its celebrated Issenheim altarpiece painted 1512 -1516 by Matthias Grünewald, a master of late Gothic art. Near to hat they admire in the Dominican Church the "Madonna of the Rose Bush" another masterpiece of the late Middle Ages painted by Martin Schongauer in 1473. And who is the creator of the Statue of Liberty, N.Y.? Visit his home, the Musée Bartholdi. All museums are near to each other in walking distance of the flat.
Arrival time: 4 - 10 pm
Please call, e-mail or SMS us the day before arrival indicating your approx. arrival time, as we are living 15 km from the flat:
Tel. 0033/6/22 16 25 46
We´ll be pleased to pick you up at Colmar´s railway station should you travel by train.
Departure: Before 11 am
Down-payment: 30 % with booking
Security deposit: 200 € at arrival
Final cleaning charge after at least one week´s stay: 45 €
We are a French - Austrian couple retired after an international management career, living now in the most beautiful part of Alsace near Colmar. Our native languages are German, French and Alsatian. Our business language is English. We also understand basic Vlaams/Nederlands, Italiano i Po-russki .
Enjoy the beguiling charm of the Christmas Season in Colmar and its region from 22nd November to 31st December 2013.
Information about the most visited romantic Christmas markets in Alsace (without products "Made in China"):
(website: hidden); ...
We wish you a pleasant anticipation for your upcoming visit to Colmar and its region. Please don´t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions regarding this journey.
Andrée & Wolfgang A. Maderthaner - KlipfelRead more
Résidence Drakkar: 54 sqm ***flat, roomy, bright Colmar, Alsace-Lorraine, France
Additional Location Information
Located 800 m from Colmar´s old center in a side street in residential neighborhood. Near railroad. At the near church square neigborhood-shops and banks.
The nearest airport is Basel/Mulhouse (Switzerland/France). The railway station is Colmar Gare. We´ll pick you up if wanted.
You may park your car either in our lock-up, on the courtyard, if places are free, or in our side street.
10 good reasons for discovering Colmar and Alsace
1. Historic center: Discover the historic center with its extensive pedestrian precinct, where strolling through picturesque (shopping) streets and passages with their medieval stud work houses is a great pleasure or take a short boat trip through little Venice
2. Museums: Marvel at the rich collections of Colmar´s four museums (the world-famous Isenheim altar etc.) and the Dominican Cloister.
3. Statue of Liberty: Visit the bourgeois birthplace of Bartholdi, the famous sculptor of the Statue of Liberty. His home was transformed into an interesting museum showing his development and his era
4. Alsatian wine: Enjoy a wine tour discoving the excellent quality and the disginuished taste of the alsatian wines. You´ll be visiting some of the best renownd wine growers around Colmar for talking to them, tasting some of their best vintages in their often romantic wine-cellars - and taking some of them home
5. Picturesque villages: Put yourself back into an earlier time by visiting some of the "Plus beaux villages de France", which are in less than an hours driving distance from Colmar. Villages and towns like Bergheim, Eguisheim, Kaysersberg, Ribeauvillé, Riquewihr or down-town Strasbourg let you feel you are visiting museums. But it´s not true! These are real living, loving and woking places for contemporary Alsatians.
6. Medieval castles: Should you be an aficionado of history and/or of middle age castles, you´re right in the center of one of the richest regions with castles of all sizes and times. The reason: the Rhine valley and its plain were fighting ground over the centuries from the time of the Romans up to the 20th century. Between 1633 and 1945 Alsace and its people changed involuntarily five times their sovereigns: Austria - France - Germany - France - Germany - France. No wonder that you would not be able to follow a conversation between senior native Alsatians should you master only one of the three languages they speak and use even within one sentence: French, German and the alsatian dialect.
7. Sporting: For sporty people the alsatian plain as well as the densly forested Vosges mountains nearby are the ideal terrain for their activities during summer as well as for downhill or cross-country skiing in winter.
8. Christmas markets: For people, who enjoy the Christmas time and its wonders, a Christmas market tour in and around Colmar is a must. For more see: (website: hidden)
9. Leisure park: For kids and their parents: Europapark Rust, Gernany´s largest leisure park in Rust 45 km from Colmar, is a must.
10. Alsatian cuisine: And last but not least: The alsatian cuisine is a great experience for gourmets as well as for gourmands! You should try in restaurants or "Winstub" their specialities as there are Flammekueche, Choucroute garni (sauerkraut) or Baeckeofe accompanied by alsatian wine - but only when hungry! For dessert you should indulge in some of their tartes au mirabelles, quetsch, myrtilles or pommes or you try a sweet or salted kougelhopf. A mouth-watering dish for sweet teeth could be a mountain of white meringue with ice-cream inside and whipped cream on top called meringue glacée ....
More About This Location
City vacations, Town
AvailableUnavailableLast updated: April 19, 2014◀▶
Rates shown in
(Rental listed originally in EUR)(change)
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.