Luxury Rio Penthouse
|Rental type||Apartment / Condominium|
|Minimum Stay||1 night|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyNo
Description from the owner
- Located on the 11th floor with unobstructed view of Copacabana Beach
- Five bedrooms (each w/ queensize bed and four with AC), five bathrooms - all newly remodeled
- Master bedroom with flat-screen TV and en-suite bathroom (marble countertop, designer hardware, overhead rain shower and Jacuzzi)
- Junior master bedroom with en-suite full bathroom
- Loft bedroom with private sitting area and TV
- 2 standard bedrooms with direct access to indoor terrace
- Private outdoor pool and outdoor shower overlooking Copacabana Beach,
- Pool room with towels, bar and bar fridge...Read more
Luxury Rio Penthouse
Copacabana, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
(Property location is approximate)
Additional Location Information
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$550 - $850||$550 - $850||$0||$0||1 night|
|Jan. 1 2012 - May. 31 2012
|Jun. 1 2012 - Aug. 31 2012
|Dec. 20 2012 - Jan. 5 2013
Carnaval & New Years
|All Other Dates||$650||$650||-||-||1 night|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: April 10, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
This property has so much potential. Perfect location!!!
If you don't want to waste your money, I would suggest you look for another apartment.
I expected at least a 4 star accommodations. I rate this place as a 1 1/2 star..
- These are some of the things I found wrong the 10 days I stayed @ the apartment:
- The photos shown on the internet are very, very, very old… Very.. very very.. very old.. very very
- The transfer never picked me up from airport (this should have been the 1st sign)…
- I was told I would be refunded for the taxis I took from the airport.. I'm still waiting for my refund..
- Apartment was not clean upon arrival…
- The walls are filthy, and need to be painted or just cleaned…
- The furnitures are broken, very old and need to be cleaned…
- Drapes/curtain in the living room was filthy, look like it hasn’t been change in 20 years…
- There are no closets or proper shelves for your clothing…sorry, two of the rooms had shelves
- The pool is not filtered… After enter twice, it was no longer useable
- There is only aC in 4 bedrooms, the 5 room, is a study, not a bedroom…
- There is no aC in the 5th room…
- There is no aC in living room (I was told no apartment in Brazil have aC in living room) …
- The Tv's does not work. Only TV work is the one in the living room…
- The stove does not work properly (always smell of gas)…
- Wi-Fi only work in one room (not throughout the apartment)…
- The list goes on and on...
I really need to purchase this place and renovate.. So much potencial, so much...
If you are going to rent this place.. Please ask for new and updated photos..
If you have no problems with what I listed, then you will enjoy your stay..
One good point... the property manager was very help.. He went out and purchase two fans.. I felt sorry for him, because there was nothing he could have done, being that he's not the owner..
Great views of Copacabana beach from the living room
My boyfriend and I went with his parents to Rio early last year and stayed at this penthouse. Check-in was a breeze; we just had to pick up our keys with the doorman. The apartment is really large. The apartment is up to the us standards with the hot water showers and modern furniture. I have a friend studying abroad in Brazil and I know from her that these things we take for granted are not all that usual in Brazil.
The downstairs area is a living area only, with a full kitchen, living room and dining room with huge windows that open up to the street below. Great for people watching also, the TVs have English-speaking us channels, which is a plus for us for nights when we were just too tired to go out.
The upstairs living room has windows that open up to beach and we had a nice sunny day when we first arrived so that sight was absolutely memorable. Definitely the best part about the apartment, along with the private pool.
In terms of location, it's on a busy block, steps away from the beach and restaurants, both fancy and casual and taxies are abundant. There were also a few banks in the neighborhood, which also came in handy.
My family and I also took a last minute trip to Iguazu Falls (border of Brazil and argentina) that we booked with an English speaking travel agent a few blocks from the penthouse. We told the owner of the penthouse that we were very appreciative of that convenience. This neighborhood has a good mix of business and residential.
In terms of security, we felt safe in the building because of the 24 hr doorman. I am a 5 foot 3 woman, I didn't feel unsafe at all. I think the Brazil crime rate is a little overexaggerated, as my girlfriend who is living in Brazil also felt comfortable to be walking around at night in Rio.
We had a great time in Rio. Definitely would go back!
Perfect group rental
Amazing time, sick location! Big beds in all of the rooms, amazing view of the beach. The pool is awesome and there is a really nice cleaning lady who comes daily if you want her to. There is a doorman and the the place is totally designed to have a great group vacation. The rooms are spaced out perfectly and there is a big kitchen with a washer and dryer which is essential on a beach vaca. I highly recommend this to any type of group that is travelling to Rio!!!
An amazing time in Rio...
After a long flight to Rio de Janeiro, I was pretty excited about finally getting to our accommodations and exploring the city. I was traveling with several friends and we arranged for transport from the airport with the property manager prior to our arrival. They had their drivers waiting at the airport for us and we were promptly taken to the penthouse. The manager was waiting for us at the penthouse when we first arrived, and he also made himself easily accessible throughout our stay. After the first walk though of the penthouse, I knew we had made the right choice for housing. The penthouse was 3 floors and more than enough room for all of us. If you’ve stayed in other luxury hotels or traveled to nice tropical places in the world, the accommodations in Rio overall are not as nice. But compared to the other apartments and hotels I visited while in Rio, the luxury Rio penthouse was definitely a step up from the rest. The location was perfect – there was an atm across the street (HSBC I think and had instructions in English) and several small grocery stores nearby. We could easily walk to Copacabana beach and Ipanema wasn’t too bad of a walk either. The restaurants around the penthouse were ok, but we got a couple of great recommendations from management about other Rio dining options. Taxis are super cheap there and they are readily available on the street in front of the penthouse. If you like steak, I’d highly recommend Porcaos – Rio. It is a delicious Churrascuria with a view of Sugarloaf mountain and a great place to share a meal with a bunch of friends. Overall, we had an amazing time in Rio and the luxury Rio penthouse was a great place kick back during the day and rest our heads after long nights out. I would highly recommend the penthouse if you are traveling with friends and want an alternative to getting several different hotel rooms.