Villa Palazina - Restored farmhouse with pool

From $295 / night


Hide Property Details

  • 4 bedrooms
  • 1 bathrooms
  • Sleeps 8
  • Villa

Villa Palazina is a beautiful restored farmhouse, only a short drive to the centre of Cortona. Dating back hundreds of years, the property has been restored to a very high standard, using many of its original materials, and retaining much of its character. There are three bedrooms, with a sofa bed in a second small living area, which allows one or two people to sleep comfortably. There is a covered pergola for outside dining, directly by a wonderful working wood pizza oven. There is also a separate terrace leading from the pool area, again with stunning views. Quiet and peaceful, with stunning views towards Cortona and across the Val Di Chian...Read more

Map

Villa Palazina - Restored farmhouse with pool
Cortona, Tuscany, Italy

What's Nearby:

Restaurants Attractions Nearby Rentals

Additional Location Information

-The Tuscany / Arezzo Province region-
Surrounded by rolling hills, historical treasures, arts, vineyards and olive groves, Cortona can be seen on one side sitting on the hillside, and Montepulciano on the other, with the mountains of Amiata and Cetona in the distance. Within a short drive to famous villages such as Montepulciano and Montalcino (famous for their wines), Montalcino (known for its Brunello), Chianciano Terme (hot spring baths), Gubbio (famous for its ceramic pottery), Lake Trasimeno (beaches and champagne boat tours and wind surfing), Pienza (famous for its Pecorino cheeses) and Monte San Savino. Whilst having numerous vineyards in the area which offer vineyard tours and wine-tasting.

The A1 motorway exit of Valdichiana is 10 minutes away from Villa Palazone while shops, supermarkets, banks, bars, restaurants, weekly market and the mainline railway station of Camucia-Cortona are all just a 5 minutes away by car.

-The Cortona area-
Cortona is one of the oldest cities in Italy. Cortona became a Fortified walled city occupied by the Etruscan's, sometime between 600BC and 800BC.

Cortona was also the location of the film 'Under The Tuscan Sun' which was based on the book written by the Author Frances Mayes. Montepulciano which is a short drive away from Cortona was also used as a set location for the film 'New Moon' starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner.

For those who have hobbies such as biking and walking/hiking, Cortona has much to offer.
Around the walls of Cortona and in the mountains behind you will find many walks/hiking trails which will satisfy any walker/hiker and cyclist. There are also Communal swimming pools nearby as well as tennis courts and horse riding nearby.

More About This Location

Mountain nearby

Availability

Last updated on March 02, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 368 other Cortona rentals
Check Availability for Cortona

Rates

Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP)


DatesNightlyWeeklyMonthlyMinimum Stay
All dates
$2951 Week
Enter dates to see your price
Don't see rates for your trip?

Additional notes from the owner

30% deposit made payable at time of booking. Remaining 70% made payable no less than 8 weeks before arrival.

If booking is made less than 8 weeks before arrival, 100% of booking fee is made payable at time of booking.

Cost of gas for heating payable separately for colder months.

Breakage deposit of €500 payable on arrival. Refunded on departure, less any cost of breakages, and final cleaning cost of €150.

Breakage deposit of €200 payable on arrival in cash. Refunded on departure, less the cost of any breakages

Amenities

General
  • Washing Machine
  • Linens Provided
  • A/C or climate control
Phone / Internet
  • Internet Access
Property Features
  • Ocean or water views
  • Mountain Views
  • Parking
Kitchen
  • Stove or Oven
  • Microwave
  • Refrigerator
  • Toaster
  • Freezer
Outdoor
  • Garden
  • Balcony or terrace
  • Outdoor Dining Area
Suitability
  • Pet friendly - no
  • Smoking allowed - no
  • Suitable for children - yes
  • Suitable for the elderly - yes
  • Wheelchair accessible - yes

What Past Guests Are Saying

Have you stayed here? Write a review

Have you stayed here?

This rental is awaiting reviews from past guests. Help out travelers and the owner by being the first to write a review!

Also Consider

FlipKey has rentals in over 11,000 destinations around the world: