Beach, Surf & Lisbon - Costa da Caparica Apartment
From $65 / night
- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 5
Description from the owner
Excellent fully renovated flat (2006). This superbly well-decorated apartment, facing south, with fantastic views of the surroundings - sea and Arriba Fossil of Costa Caparica (a protected area since 1984), allows you to enjoy your time in Portugal to the fullest. Fully equipped with first class household and tastefully decorated.
The flat is ideally located close to Lisbon (15 minutes by car) and in a foot distance from the beach, allowing you to visit Lisbon and at the same time enjoy the 30 km of seashore, with magnificent beaches. The city is served by good public transport to Lisbon - bus, train, ferry (less than 30 minutes).
Beach, Surf & Lisbon - Costa da Caparica Apartment
Costa da Caparica, Costa de Lisboa, Portugal
Additional Location Information
The apartment neighborhoods are very peaceful and you can find all the services you will need during your stay: good restaurants, supermarket, bakery, cyber cafe, pharmacy, shopping mall, a relaxed small garden very close and the city green park in your way to the beach. Public free parking next to the apartment. Two of the best Golf courses in Portugal are in the vicinity - Aroeira I e Aroeira II.
When visiting Costa da Caparica one cannot miss some fabulous places:
- Convent of Capuchos is one of them. Located in a cliff, has the most magnificent sea view and allows a privileged sight of the entire region. Here you can enjoy the magnificent late afternoons of Caparica, with the sun diving in to the Atlantic Ocean.
- During the summer (July to September), you can choose to go on a trip in the charismatic “Transpraia”. A small tram that crosses 11 km of beach front, through the sand dunes that compose the shoreline, allowing you to enjoy the fantastic views of the coastline.
- You can also choose to visit “Mata dos Medos”, a rich biological and botanical reserve, greatly visited for its excellent conditions of recreation, leisure and sport. “Mata dos Medos” is inserted in the protected landscape area of “Arriba Fossil”, a geologic formation composed of sedimentary rocks with about 15 million years, rich in fossil material, one of the most important geologic places in Europe.
- Costa da Caparica possesses some of the best and more beautiful beaches of Portugal. Throughout 30 km of seashore, you will be able to find the most various beaches, with characteristics to please all: since the most lively beaches in the center of the village, to the almost deserted beaches (and naturist) of the south zone, passing through the most ideal for water or sand sports (volley, soccer).
Cova do Vapor - Albatroz - Sol Nascente - Palmeiras - Parque - Sol - Kontiki - Tubarão - Búzio - Inatel - CCL - GNR - Norte
Centre beachfront (lively):
Marcelino - Santo António - CDS - Barbas - Tarquínio - Paraíso - Dragão Vermelho - Bexiga - Praia Nova - Nova Praia.
Southern beachfront (beautiful and quiet):
Saúde - Cornélia - Mata - Ponte - Banheiro - Riviera - Rainha - Tropical - Castelo - Cabana do Pescador - Princesa - Rei - Dunas - Morena - Sereia - Infante - Tartaruga - Nova Vaga - Belavista - Dezanove (naturist beach)
- This city, breathes sport through its extensive beach front, where worldwide class waves break of, strong winds blow, a vast cliff (“Arriba”) raises, from which it’s possible to fly through the skies or go for long walks or descendings in Mountain bike. For the initiates, there is a wide range of schools and clubs that allows to take knowledge of the bases of the sport and to initiate practice in ideal conditions of security and quality:
Surf e Body board – Central and south beaches
Windsurf – Cova do vapor e São João da Caparica beaches
Kite surf - Nova Vaga beach
Scuba diving - Sesimbra and in the wonderful protected area of Arrábida (within 25 minutes drive)
Fishing - All the central beaches
Mountain Biking / Cycling – “Arriba” Fossil, exclusive bike via Costa Caparica - Trafaria, northern beach front and Apostiça
Hiking – Natural area of “Mata dos Medos” and protected landscape area of “Arriba Fóssil”
Paragliding – Fonte da Telha beach
Tennis - Centro de Lazer de São João da Caparica
Horse Riding – Monte and Charneca da Caparica
- 5 km from Costa da Caparica is located the Aroeira Golf Club. Established in 1973, it counts currently with about 500 partners who regularly practice golf in the 36 holes of Aroeira I, a field to the British style, and Aroeira II, with American characteristics. In the first one, conceived by the architect Frank Pennink, took place the European Ladies Tour and the Open of Portugal, in 1996 and 1997. Thinking about future competitions, architect Donald Steel drew the second, inaugurated in 2000. Soon after the inauguration of the first passage, specialists considered it one of the best fields of Europe. The installations, inserted in 345 hectares of natural reserve, are composed with a golf school, restaurant, snack bar, bar, a specialized store, swimming pool, fields of tennis and children park.
- You can also enjoy the lively Costa da Caparica nightlife in a variety of nightclubs and beach bars. Some are open all year.
- You cannot miss all the good restaurants in the surrounding area, with delicious fish and seafood – next to the beach or in Trafaria (4 km away) and Porto Brandão.
- The apartment is surrounded by all the essential services like Supermarket, Cyber Café, Restaurants, Pharmacy, Hairdresser and Stationery store. All less than 5 minutes walking.
Getting there from the Airport:
- The apartment is easily accessible by car from the Lisbon international airport (about 20 minutes drive). Just follow the directions for highway A2 South (Sul). Cross the "25 of April" Bridge and turn right in direction of Caparica. If you follow the highway “IC 20” until the end, you will arrive to Costa da Caparica.
- You can also take a Bus in Lisbon - Areeiro (n.161) to Costa da Caparica (30 minutes). Get out at the bus stop located in the center of the city (next to the market) or at the stop before (5 minutes walk from the apartment).
- You have several buses leaving 400 m from the apartment, that will take you to a metro station in Lisbon (Praça de Espanha, Campo Pequeno or Areeiro), the best way to get around inside the city.
- You can also take a bus from Costa da Caparica to the Pragal Train Station and experience the spectacular railway crossing of 25 of April Bridge with its magnificent view (get out in Sete Rios, Entre Campos or Areeiro Station and take the metro).
- An excellent alternative is to take a bus to the ferry station in Trafaria (4 km) and cross the breathtaking Tagus river (30 minutes). The ferry ends its trip in Belém, a historical Lisbon quarter, where you can visit the Jerónimos Monastery, beautiful gardens, Belém Tower and the famous Cultural Center. Don't forget to visit the traditional pastry "Pastéis de Belém", the most famous bakery in Portugal that dates back to 1837 and is the unique place where you can taste the cakes that gives the cafe its name. One will never be enough!
- To visit the most beautiful beaches (southern front beach) is advisable to go by car or bicycle. During the summer (July to September) you can take the very typical coast tram "Transpraia" and enjoy the fantastic views of the coastline.
- You can even play some golf, in the Aroeira Golf Club, 5 km from the apartment (access by car).
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, Mountain nearby, Ocean
Last updated on March 01, 2013
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 7 other Costa da Caparica rentalsCheck Availability for Costa da Caparica
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $130
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
Additional notes from the owner
Discount depending on length of stay. A 20 % deposit is required for booking. Key pick up with owner on arrival. A refundable damage deposit of 100 Euros is also required at arrival. It will be returned to you if the apartment doesn't show any damage. Bed linens, towels (3 per person) and house cleaning provided on arrival and depart.
- Housekeeping Optional
- Washing Machine
- Alarm Clock
- Linens Provided
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Towels Provided
- Local Guides/Maps
Phone / Internet
- Wireless Internet
- Mountain Views
- City/Skyline Views
- Ocean Views
- Ocean or water views
- Gas Stove
- Children's Toys
- DVD Player
- Cable TV
- Beach Towels
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - yes
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no
- 66 square meters