- Eating out at fine, casual, nearby restaurantsâ€¦..
- A laid back, casual, friendly, small town communityâ€¦.
- Keeping your boat at the Casa Ensenada dock while staying at the guesthouse
Then Casa Ensenada and Culebra is for you!
Features of Casa Ensenadaâ€¦â€¦â€¦.
- General description and use. Three separate, though adjacent, units sleep 2-4 each. Cots for additional guests.
- Location: On the north side of town, across from the old school. On the Ensenada Honda (deep harbor).
- Accommodations: Secure, clean, comfortable. All units have private entrances and bathrooms, air conditioners and ceiling fans, satellite TV, Hi-speed Internet cable, kitchen or kitchenette, hot showers and sinks. Free DVD player available. Dishwasher in Grande. Bathtub in Estudio.
- Beds. PequeÃ±o unit: one queen bed sleeps two. Estudio unit: convertible king/twin beds and a futon sleep four. Grande unit: king bed in bedroom and futon in living room sleeps four. Cots for additional guests. Bedside reading lights.
- A â€œfree extraâ€ day on Culebra, with secure luggage storage, outside shower, and changing area. Store luggage after checkout, go to the beach, shower and change, have lunch and shop, then get your luggage
About Culebra Islandâ€¦â€¦â€¦..
- Location: Midway between Puerto Rico and St. Thomas. U.S. passport not required.
- Access: Airplane from San Juan or Fajardo. Ferry from Fajardo.
- Culture: Puerto Rican. Friendly. Casual. Undeveloped. Low-crime.
- Geography: Arid-tropical climate and vegetation. Hilly. Many out-islands.
- Wildlife: Healthy marine life. National wildlife refuge. Birds, deer, iguanas, fish, sea turtles.
- Services. Gift and clothes shops. Dive shops. Restaurants and grocery stores. Office supplies and services. Massage. Banks and ATM.
- Land transportation: Rental cars, scooters, and bikes. Taxis.
- Water transportation and activities. Kayak rental. Motorboat taxi and charter. Glass-bottom boat. Sunbathing and swimming. World-class scuba and snorkeling. Saltwater fishing, including bonefish.
Culebra defines 'tropical paradise'. Surrounded by seas awash with blues and greens; and edged by unspoiled white sand beaches, Culebra and Casa Ensenada is the perfect destination for a Caribbean island vacation!Read more
Rates are for double occupancy (2 people).
Add $20/day/additional adult guest, $10 for children 12 and under.
Subtract $10/day for single occupancy.
Lodging tax is included in the rates.
Weekly rate is seventh day free.
Inquire about the rate for a 1-day stay.
Left on 06/14/2010 for a stay in May 2010 | WE LOVED IT!
We arrived at Casa Ensenada april 28th & stayed there 9 nights until May 6th. This was our first trip out of the us & we loved it! We stayed in the Pequeno unit at Casa Ensenada, a quaint room that was very clean. It had everything we needed - air conditioning, dishes & silverware, a toaster, blender, hotplate, cooler to take to the beach, ceiling fans etc. There was even snorkel equipment a previous guest had left & we borrowed that while we were there.
Jackie & Butch were such gracious hosts & their advice on what we should do was very helpful. We took a small 8-passenger plane from San Juan over to Culebra & then on their advice took the ferry back. They also recommended a car rental & we had fun driving around the island in a 1974 VW "Thing". The last day we were there, we chartered a water taxi (also recommended by Butch & Jackie) and enjoyed our trip to the Island of Culebrita very much. Casa Ensenada was right near the downtown area & we were able to walk to the grocery store which enabled us to make our own breakfasts & lunches and then eat out at night - also within walking distance. And the taxis to Flamenco Beach drove by our villa & were easy to access. Gift shops were also close as was the us Post Office, the clinic & the harbour. There were other nice touches - a bookcase in the lobby that had books available to borrow. Our room had a journal that previous guests had written in. This was very useful and gave us lots of good ideas. It was pleasant sitting outside near the dock to eat breakfast. We also enjoyed hearing the roosters crow every morning.
We hope to return within a year - just the 2 of us again & then another trip with our 4 adult children. The ocean was just unbelievable as were the beaches & the coral reefs.
Thank you Jackie, Butch & Karen for helping us make such a wonderful memory!!!
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.