Gorgeous villa at Curacao' prime location
|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyYes
|Theme||Adventure, Luxury, Romantic, Beach, Town, Tropical|
Description from the owner
This beautiful tropical villa is located in one of the best and quietest neighborhoods of Curacao; a few minutes away from idyllic beaches, restaurants, attractions and a big local supermarket. Downtown Willemstad with his famous colorful houses, the Emma bridge and many shopping areaâ€™s are only 15 minutes by car. The villa has a completely new swimming pool surrounded by a tropical garden with palm trees, a large Palapa with a lounge-sit. The porch has a sitting area, diner-table for 8 persons connected to the open kitchen. Kitchen appliances are modern and according to European standards; there is a microwave, dishwasher, washing machine,...Read more
Gorgeous villa at Curacao' prime location
Additional Location Information
Location Type Beach, Town, Tropical
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$299||$299||$2,093||$0||5 nights|
|Nov. 2 2012 - Dec. 31 2013||$299||-||$2,093||-||5 nights|
|All Other Dates||$299||$299||$2,093||-||5 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
- Tax rate - 7% of rental - Tax
- service charge - 5% of rental - Fee
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: March 28, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
A Perfect Place to Stay in WestPunt, Curacao with Idyllic Views
We have just recently returned from Curacao after having stayed at Westhill Bungalows. It was everything that we were looking for and more. The bungalows are very well equipped and comfortable, providing everything that you need for a self-catering stay, if you decide to do some cooking. The view from the decked terrace is priceless. Every morning, the sun will rise from the hills behind the bungalows and you can sit at your table outside, taking in the view across the ocean down below, the small boats bobbing on the waves, the turquoise waters, the sights and sounds of local birds (including humming birds) and the sounds of nothing else. These bungalows are very quiet and extremely tranquil, making for a very relaxing stay.
Norman, the owner is an incredible host. If you stay, you must go with him to taste the local green rum in Willemstad and to talk to him about his projects. He is an extremely interesting guy and can give a lot of details of culture and history around the island. Naomi, the manager, is also extremely friendly and welcoming.
We stayed at bungalow no.9 which seems to be the best situated of the bungalows.
I cannot thank Norman and Naomi enough for making our stay so perfect.
Westpunt is a quiet location, but if you are looking to get away from it all (including internet and TV) then this is perfect. The beaches are very close but you will need a car to get around. For the outdoors, the parks and the beaches, you could not do better than Westhill Bungalows.
Quiet, Beautiful, and Spacious Bungalow for the most relaxing va
I would recommend the West Hills Bungalow to any of my friends or family. There are 9 separate bungalows that each have two bedrooms, living room, and a small kitchen/dining area. Our second bedroom also had a rollaway bed - we should have brought more people! Each unit also has a porch with outdoor dining table. The Bungalows are surrounded by lush tropical plants in bloom and banana trees. In the center there is a very nice pool with additional thatched roof seating areas. There are baby Iquanas everywhere - we had a good time throwing bread off the porch and watching them skitter out of the bushes to grab it.
Arrival was super easy, because the property manager Naomi picked us up at the airport and let us follow her in our rental car. If you don't have a functioning GPS in Curacao you need a guide - many intersections have no signs and roads seem to change names every few miles. Here are a few tips if you decide to go:
1. Call your credit card companies before departing. We tried to charge our 5 night stay on my wifes card, and they immediately declined and locked her card. The property managers were gracious to us and found us the next day to let us know.
2. The property does have security on site, although they don't always look like security. Our first day we were concerned to see an islander strolling through the property, then sitting outside on the road watching as we left. It creeped us out, but it turned out he was the security guard!
3. Try to go by the grocery store on the way to the property. If they are closed, you can head back down the road in the morning toward Wilemstad and stop at the Toko Fruti store/house just outside of Westpunt. A nice lady behind the bars will sell you fresh bread, fruit, cheese, milk, and other sundries like suntan lotion and bugspray.
4. If you have food outside of the fridge, keep it packaged up tight. We had a running game trying to keep tiny little ants from finding our bread, but they were incredibly quick and able to punch right through the wrapper.
5. Go eat at Jaanchi's in WestPunt. We went twice and were amazed by the food, service, and the flying bats that streaked through the outdoor dining room in search of mosquitoes.
6. The hike to the top of Mt Cristoffel is very tough and more like rock climbing at the top. Take plenty of water and a snack!
7. Don't miss Watamula (it is 3 miles from West Hills Bungalow - a nice run), Playa Kalki, Playa Lagun, Playa Porto Marie, Shete Boca (state park), and Boca ascension. The beach at Playa Forti is also nice and about a 5 minute walk from the Bungalows. There is a funny little bar/lunch place right on the cliff above Forti where you can jump into the water.
8. Pack your snorkel gear and take it everywhere you go. Each beach had its own unique reefs and fish. On a trip out to Klein Curacao on the east side I actually followed sea turtles around underwater and even touched one.
9. If you are from the us and have Verizon Wireless cell phones, you will be without coverage on most of the west end of the island.