Greety Gate House is an ideal base for 2 families to holiday together with a number of family attractions close by.
The property with views to the Duddon Estuary has retained many original features including beams and a cosy wood burning stove and has a garden with pond and seating making this an ideal retreat at any time of year.
Located in the hamlet of Foxfield which is 3/4 mile west of the pretty village of Broughton in Furness with 3 pubs, shop and award winning butchers.
Newby Bridge and the southern tip of Lake Windermere are 13 miles to the west and a 15 minutes drive will bring you to Coniston and Muncaster Castle.
There are numerous attractions close by to keep all the family entertained including Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway, Aquarium of the Lakes, South Lakes Wildlife Park and Go Ape.
Greety Gate House has been refurbished by the owners who live next door and retains its characterful charm with a wealth of beams, including superb cruick beams and a cosy wood burning stove.
The cottage provides spacious family accommodation over 3 storeys with views towards the Duddon Estuary.
The oil centrally heated cottage comprises:
* Beamed dining/lounge with wood burning stove, TV and DVD player.
* Conservatory off the lounge overlooking the garden.
* Kitchen with Rangemaster cooker with electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
* Utility room with fridge, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
* Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
* First floor:
Double bedroom with view to the Duddon Estuary and en-suite bathroom with hand basin and WC.
* Double bedroom with view to the Duddon Estuary and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
* Second floor:
Children's bedroom with 4 single beds.
* Bathroom with hand basin and WC.
* All oil, electric, gas, bed linen, towels and initial supply of logs provided.
* Cot and highchair available.
* Wi-Fi included.
* Private parking for 3 cars.
* Sorry no single sex parties, families only.
* The mature, well stocked garden share a feature of the property and enjoys views over the fields and river to the Duddon Estuary and Black Combe Fell towering above, there is space for all the family to enjoy the different areas of the garden, including feature pond and summer house.
Additional amenities include: wood burning stove yes, open fire/stove: wood burning stove, new cottages, garden or outdoor area, no. bathrooms: 3, dog friendly, price j from £500 pw, star grading: 4*, lakes cottage holiday 4*, october half term availability, pets yes, sleeps 8, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, bathrooms 3: 1, parking facilities: private parking, easter availability, february half term availability, no. bedrooms: 3, larger cottages to sleep 7+, south lakes, summer school holidays, bedrooms 3: 1, pets yes: 1 dog, midweek & weekend short break, pets yes: 2 dogs, changeover friday, budget holidays.Read more
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.