Home Central: 5 Mins walk to Royal Mile! FREE Wifi
From $81 / night
- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
Description from the owner
“Home Central” is a fully owner managed/maintained, spacious one bedroom apartment providing comfortable and modern accommodation (including free WiFi) for up to 4 guests in the heart of Edinburgh's historic Old Town.
This city centre (see our map “photo”) Edinburgh apartment occupies a quiet position, at the rear of a refurbished 19th Century Schoolhouse. Secure entry is through the substantial “Boys” door of the old School building, with an intercom providing additional security.
The apartment comprises an attractive, bright, open plan living room / dining area / kitchen. It's a comfortable living area with plenty of...Read more
Home Central: 5 Mins walk to Royal Mile! FREE Wifi
Edinburgh, Edinburgh & Lothians, Scotland
Additional Location Information
Why the owner chose this property: The building, an attractive refurbished 19th century Schoolhouse, is located a 5min walk away from the approximate centre of the Royal Mile and as such is close to the dead centre of historic Edinburgh (see our map “photo”). In the immediate vicinity there are a collection of museums, high quality restaurants/pubs, Festival and “Fringe” venues as well as the Festival Theatre. Being so central, the apartment is easy to find be your arrival by train (Waverley Station), airport bus (there are stops nearby) or taxi.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment: The flat, which is located at the back (quiet) of a historical building, has an established track record as a successful Holiday Let and I'm glad to say that there have been numerous repeat visits, which I believe is a good sign. From the online / offline feed back that I have received, guests love the flat's central location and that it is just like the photo's you see on our listing!......... I speak English; however please note that over the years I have found Google Translate very effective for assisting with queries & handling bookings in other languages.
1) Situated in the Abbeyhill district of Edinburgh (just East of the city centre) the Palace of Holyrood House, Holyrood Park, Dynamic Earth, Scottish Parliament, Carlton Hill and numerous festival and Fringe venues are all within 10-15 mins walk of the Apartment. It is an area also well served with transport links making it hugely convenient for all areas of Edinburgh.
2) Edinburgh: The Old Town's cobbled streets, closes (alleyways) and historic Victorian / Georgian architecture make it visually stunning. The grandeur of the New Town, designer/boutique shopping on George Street and an immense choice of restaurants and bars make it a city to suit everyone's taste and budget!
3) The Festival city: Festivals are what Edinburgh does best, with something going on all year round. The high summer Military Tattoo & International and the Fringe are perhaps the best known, however to name but a few Edinburgh hosts the Science festival (April), Film Festival (June), Jazz & Blues Festival (July), Book Festival, Mela (August) and numerous gourmet food events. - (website: hidden)
4) Entertainment: Edinburgh has a throbbing night-life, is home to various jazz bars, comedy clubs, while during the summer street entertainment & busking Bag Pipers are never far away.
5) Walking in The Green City: Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit and is small enough to walk around. Holyrood Park, Princes Street gardens and the meadows (tennis & pitch n putt golf!) are popular places for a stroll, offering a change to the ever present guided historical / ghost tours! For the more energetic, Arthur's Seat (10min away), an extinct volcano, is crisscrossed with walking trails and is popular with runners / cyclists as well as tourists for some of the best views of the city from Salisbury Crags. In addition, the Botanical Gardens and Edinburgh Zoo, home to the UK's only Giant Pandas, are both worth a visit and are accessible by bus.
6) Running, Edinburgh Marathon: Billed as “the fastest marathon in the UK” and “one of the fastest in the World” Edinburgh is expected to host 40,000+ elite athletes in May 2015.
7) Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year: The Scots word for “the last day of the year.” Enough said!
All in all, in the sunshine there is nothing better than wandering around the streets soaking up the atmosphere. When it rains (which has been known!) you are never far from somewhere interesting to dash into out of the weather. Edinburgh boast a huge number of Art Galleries, Museums, theatres and live music venues as well as Cinema's, indoor shopping centres and entertainment Plaza's - something for everyone!
More About This Location
City vacations, Mountain nearby, Warm winter getaways
Golf course within 30 minute drive
Nearest shops, 0.1 miles
Nearest beach: Portobello, 3 miles
Nearest airport: Edinburgh Airport , 8 miles
Nearest train station: Waverley Train Station, 0.5 miles
Nearest ferry port: Rosyth , 14 miles
Car is not necessary
Last updated on September 17, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 299 other Edinburgh rentalsCheck Availability for Edinburgh
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP)
|See all dates
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Cleaning fee | $33 per stay
Additional notes from the owner
- PRICES ARE FULLY INCLUSIVE OF bedlinen, towels, heating, taxes & WiFi. A travel cot and a highchair are available (FREE of charge) to guests upon request
- CHECK IN 4pm onwards, with check out 11am. If required, Waverley Train station has a baggage storage area
- Hair dryer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Local Guides/Maps
- Linens Provided
- Short breaks allowed (1-4 days)
- High chair
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Stove or Oven
- DVD Player
- Stereo or CD player
- Satellite or cable TV
- 4 Dining chairs
- 1 Lounge chair
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no