- 4 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
Description from the owner
The house is located in an outstanding site: the commune of Silhac in the Parc Naturel Régional des Monts d'Ardèche, at an altitude of 600m . We are about 35 km west from Valence which is a small but chic city in the Rhone valley on the main A7 Autoroute.
The nearest boulangerie (bakery) is at Chalencon, a pretty hillside village about 5 minutes drive away, where there are also two restaurants and a cafe tabac.
The nearest town is Vernoux en Vivarais, about 15 minutes drive, which has a large supermarket, a selection of shops and several restaurants. Vernoux also has a municipal swimming pool with outdoor water slide and sunbath...Read more
Character stone house ARDECHE, FRANCE
Additional Location Information
FRANCE, Ardeche region. Close to VALENCE. The house is located in an outstanding site: the commune of Silhac in the Parc Naturel Régional des Monts d'Ardèche, at an altitude of 600m . We are about 35 km west from Valence which is a small but chic city in the Rhone valley on the main A7 Autoroute.
How to get here
• By Car - We are situated about 45 minutes drive from the A7 Autoroute at Valence
• By Train - Valence is just 5.5 hours train journey from London using the Eurostar and TGV trains. Car hire is available at Valence TGV station, which is about 10km outside Valence, and the drive to our house takes just under an hour.
• By Plane - The nearest airports are Avignon, Lyon, Nimes and Grenoble, all of which are around 2 hours drive, and have regular flights from many UK airports. Marseille and Montpellier airports can also be accessed, both about 2.5 hours away.
The house is a restored and extended stone barn conversion; part of a pretty hamlet, amongst chestnut and pine woodland, in the hills of rural Ardèche. The south facing garden enjoys all day sunshine and has beautiful unspoilt views across the valley.
There is a large terrace with large table (seats 12) with lighting for summer evening dining. Owing to the lack of light pollution, on a clear night the stars are amazing!
The house is at the end of a cul de sac and there are 2 parking places at least.
We often go in our house with our children for small holidays, so it’s very well equipped.
Activities: hiking, swimming in lakes, rivers, gorges or swimming pool, horse riding, concerts, festivals, villages, crafts, flee markets, farm visits, etc.
For more information:
Living and dining room on the first floor, 4 bedrooms, kitchen totally new equipped (micro wave, dish washer) , laundry machine, 2 toilets, 1 bathroom
Surface inside 100 m2 + 1 terrace East 65 m2+ 1 terrace South 53m2 + garden on the south
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Rural retreats
Horse riding nearby, Fishing nearby
Nearest train station: 20
Nearest airport: 80
Car is recommended
Last updated on May 15, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 1 other Ellinwood rentalsCheck Availability for Ellinwood
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Cleaning fee | $66 per stay
- Damage deposit | $397
- Housekeeping Optional
- Short breaks allowed (1-4 days)
- Local Guides/Maps
- Washing Machine
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- Balcony or terrace
- 8 Dining chairs
- 8 Lounge chairs
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - ask
- 118 square meters