Chateau De Bearn
From $9,324 / week
- 10 bedrooms
- 6 bathrooms
- Sleeps 20
Description from the manager
The breathtaking Chateau de Bearn is the ultimate in French chateau living. It has been beautifully renovated, maintaining its “turrets and towers” and yet with all the modern facilities you could wish for on holiday. Set at a higher elevation than the surrounding countryside, this chateau offers 360 degree views over the vines, woodland, fields and meadows. The most dramatic view is found from the terrace over towards the Pyrenees.
There are 6 large bedrooms within the Chateau itself, four of which have en-suites and three more modest bedrooms in the Guest Cottage. The kitchen is well equipped and there is a large drawing room and...Read more
Chateau De Bearn
Escures, Aquitaine, France
Additional Location Information
The Chateau is set in complete privacy and tranquillity, yet it is only a 5 minutes drive from the local village where you will find shops, bars, restaurants and the all important French morning market. Throughout the summer, there are banquets, festivals and events taking place throughout the season. There are activities to suit all ages and interests. Foodies will enjoy the great local restaurants at the heart of France's centre of gastronomic excellence, as well as the local wine.
The Chateau is 45 minutes drive (40km) from the International Airport at Pau and is just under 2hrs from the vibrant city of Bordeaux (190km), with another large International Airport servicing even more UK and Worldwide destinations.
• Many local towns with morning markets to visit such as Lembaye, Aire sur L’Adour and Maubourguet.
• Gardens and parks: Jardins du château de Viven (19km), Jardin du château de Momas (25km), Palmeraie du Sarthou (28km), Jardin Massey (34km).
• City of Pau – 40 km away including Chateaux, shops, gardens, tours etc.
• Tarbes (lots to do there) is 34km away.
• Caliceo Spa (close to Pau) – 40km away.
• Pilgrimmage town of Lourdes – 1 hour drive away.
• Grottes de Betheram – 1hr drive (63km).
• Pyrennees resorts approx 1hr30 to 1hr45.
• For one evening the famous jazz festival at Marciac will be performing (29th July to 15th August 2011) - 40 minutes drive away.
• There are also childrens and sports activities like bowling, karting, horseriding etc.
Last updated on July 27, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 1 other Escures rentalsCheck Availability for Escures
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP)
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Linen & Towels | per stay
- End of Stay Cleaning | per stay
- Energy Costs | per stay
- Security Deposit | $2,546
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Pet friendly - yes
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - ask