4 Steps to the Sand-Excellent Reviews & Condition!
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
|Living space||950 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyYes
|Theme||Golf, Historic, Beach, Ocean, Resort|
Description from the owner
Beach front paradise. Enjoy the extensive deck from this duplex property only steps from the Atlantic Ocean bordering 15 miles of white sandy beaches. Watch spectacular sunrises, dolphins play, and enjoy cool evening breezes.
These are two beautifully maintained 2 bedroom units that sleep six and offers large eat-in kitchens, sliders opening to the deck from the living room, oceanview from master bedroom, and parking for three cars or boat. Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island is only 20 minutes from the Jacksonville Airport and 30 minutes from the new Jacksonville cruise ship port. Just south of the Georgia border, only 13 miles from Int...Read more
4 Steps to the Sand-Excellent Reviews & Condition!
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Additional Location Information
This property is directly on the beach with no long boardwalks to traverse to hit the sand. Easy to watch over family members while enjoing the beach.
Location Type Beach, Ocean, Resort
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$200||$200||$875 - $1,450||$0||2 nights|
|Jan. 1 2012 - Mar. 31 2012
|$125 - $150||$125 - $150||$875||-||2 nights|
|Apr. 2 2012 - Sep. 16 2012
|Sep. 17 2012 - Dec. 31 2012||$150||$150||$875||-||2 nights|
|All Other Dates||$200||$200||$1,450||-||7 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
- Sales & Bed Tax - 11% of rental - Tax
- Security Fee - $200 / stay - Security Deposit
- Damage deposit - $200 - Security Deposit
Additional notes from owner
No cleaning or linen fees. All included in rental rate. Security deposit returned 2 days after departure.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 16, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
We stayed in a 2BR/1Ba condo on the beach. Conveniently located close to everything we wanted to do on the island. It provided an awe-inspring and tranquil sunrise in the morning and peaceful sounds at night. The condo was clean and provided everything that we needed. The laundry room was downstairs; very convenient. The only drawback was a sliding door that would not open easily for my elderly parents.
Wow so restful and quiet
As a first time visitor to amelia Island I was so pleased with our penthouse condo. The on the beach rate was $140 a night for a 2 bedroom!! It was such a pleasure to visit somewhere that has no waterparks, amusement parks, teenage night club hangouts, etc
The atlantic ocean and excellent reasonable seafood resturants. We'll be back for a month in October God willing.
Stop searching hotels in Fernandina - This is much better
I did a lot of research into the various hotels and B&Bs; in Fernandina for our anniversary weekend. I finally booked this place with the hope that the on-the-beach setting would be better than having the various ameneties at hotels - and I was right. Some notes:
- The owner lives in the other half of the duplex but give you privacy and is available to help with anything.
- There's no trick photography here - you walk down the steps from the deck and your toes are in sand. I can't stress enough how nice it is to just walk down to the beach without crossing a street, walking through a hotel lobby or fighting crowds. It's also great to see and hear the ocean while lying on the couch.
- The deck is spacious, and best of all it is gated off and safe to let the little ones play.
- I stressed out trying to gather everything we would need for the trip, so I was surprised to see how many things were provided. Not just all of the standard kitchen stuff (dishes, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, etc.), but consumables such as paper towels, coffee and filters, etc. Even the laundry facility had lots of extra detergent. I'm guessing a lot of these things were left over from previous tenants, which is a great idea that I'm surprised more wasteful places don't do.
- This didn't affect us, but the bed in the 2nd (west) bedroom squeaks like crazy - even changing a diaper made noise. This could be annoying on group trips when one couple is well-rested and the other woke up every time someone turned. Easy fix, though...
- Obviously you'll have to cook or drive to get to all of your meals (I think one restaurant is a 1/4 mile walk). Just plan accordingly or hit up Publix when you get into town. Most of the restaurants are only a 5-minute drive.
Overall this was perfect for a relaxing vacation, and reasonably priced. I still look back and laugh when I realize how close I was to booking a hotel.
Response from Paul Werling - 02/08/2012
Jim, I thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again. I'll be in there tonight to take care of the squeaky bed.
Thank you again, Paul
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
My husband and I stayed here for a month this Spring and enjoyed every moment! The unit is ideally located on the beach and perfect for watching those beautiful amelia sunrises, beach combing and star-gazing. It is a short drive to the Community Centre and the lovely town of Fernandina Beach and its many facilities.
The unit was clean and comfortable and the kitchen reasonably equipped for a long stay. Laundry facilities are located below the unit and although we were not inconvenienced by this it could pose a problem in wet weather.
The landlord lives on-site and was extremely friendly and helpful without compromising our privacy.
We cannot wait to return and have booked this unit again for next year.
Joe & Sue Hagloch
You'll find no better location in Fernandina Beach than Paul Werling's duplex on the beach! The property is a duplex with the owner living in on-half.
By our outlook, Paul was the perfect host: He was there to offer advice and suggestions, but never intrusive.
You have a treat in store if you decide to stay there.
Very nice people to deal with. Very clean and right on the sand. Hope to vacation there again.
Todd & Lisa Tanner
Great Beachfront Duplex
We love this place! We've stayed here the last weekend in October for the past four years and couldn't think of a better place to stay at Fernandina Beach. We plan on staying there every Fall for as long as we can.