- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- Bed and Breakfast
Description from the owner
AUBERGE ALOUETTE GUESTHOUSE (B&B;) & Self Catering Unit....
is located within one hour’s drive from Cape Town and even less from the International Airport. An awesome adventure of beauty is within reach for those who are looking forward to experience the treasures of Franschhoek, jewel of the Cape Winelands.
When staying in Auberge Alouette Guesthouse, you will experience luxury, comfort and relaxation at a most re...Read more
Franschhoek, Western Cape, South Africa
Additional Location Information
MAKE A TRIP FURTHER AFIELD:
Distance from the Cape Town International Airport is only 59km.
Because Franschhoek is centrally situated, visits to interesting spots in and around the Valley, the rest of the Winelands and even as far as Hermanus (Whale-city of SA-102km), the Peninsula (Cape Town centre -79km) can be done by car in one day.
Adjacent towns are Paarl and Stellenbosch and Somerset Strand and Gordon’s Bay beaches are 50 km from here.
THINGS TO DO IN FRANSCHHOEK VALLEY:
* WINE-TASTING is the magical word that comes to mind the moment one hears the word ‘Franschhoek’. However, being part of the first days of the Cape of Good Hope, a visit to this beautiful valley will also present you with the rich * HISTORY of this area, * Get to know more about the Khoisan and Hottentots, the original inhabitants before the Europeans set foot on the Cape of Good Hope’s soil in the 17th Century.
* At the Huguenot Memorial and Museum you will learn more about the FRENCH HUGUENOTS who fled their country because of their religion and settled in this corner between the mountains and in the surrounding area, leaving a heritage of culture.
* At Solms Delta you can go back into the ancient times by observing the historical artifacts that are found in die delta and also learn about the impact slavery had on our country .
* Take note that the Big 5 used to roam this area at that stage. Unfortunately civilization got the upper-hand far too soon, which left us with only the memories of them.
* Lovers of cars, dating back to 1915, will be fascinated by the selection of vintage cars that is displayed at L'Ormarins Car Museum.
* Admire original paintings of the famous SA artist ‘Pierneef’ at La Motte Art Gallery at the La Motte Estate;
* Connoisseurs in wine will thrive on the quality wines at the different prestigious wine-cellars on the Franschhoek Wine route.
* Walking trails into the mountains offer nature lovers the opportunity to get to know the 'fynbos'- so unique to this part of the world.
* Golfers can explore all the excellent golf courses within a radius of 30 kilometers from Franschhoek;
* Fun-lovers will enjoy the extraordinary wine-tasting on horseback and
a tour on bicycle through the village will thrill the 'energetic'.
WELLNESS IN ALOUETTE SPA DU MEDECIN:
If you are in need of MEDICAL TREATMENT i.e. a hip, knee or shoulder operation or replacement, dental- or cosmetic surgery, a gastroscopy and/or colonoscopy and you are far down on a waiting list in your country, contact Alet at In-house 'Alouette Spa Du Medecin'.
Arrangements can be made for the procedure to be done in here in South Africa, which will include personal contact between your own house doctor and the specific SA specialist on our list; transfers from and to the Cape Town International Airport; transport to the doctor for the initial consultation as well as to and from the hospital for the operation... and RECUPERATION in post-operational care given in Auberge Alouette.
Alternative treatments in the clinic include Sleep- and Sound therapy, Progressive relaxation to release stress and other body- and facial treatments. Daily and longer tours can be arranged for those who have gained their health - before returning home.
Why wait? Contact us immediately and “MAKE HEALTH YOUR WEALTH”
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in ZAR) (change)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $10
- Security System
- Fitness Room
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Towels Provided
- 24 Hour On Call Maintenance
- Linens Provided
- Local Guides/Maps
- Ceiling Fans
- Housekeeping Included
- Fax Machine
- Shared outdoor pool (unheated)
- Mountain Views
- Electric Stove
- Standard Definition TV
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - no
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - ask