Gillespie House: West Suite
|Minimum Stay||1 night|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
Description from the manager
Located just one block from Main Street in the Historic District this 125 year old Victorian home is luxury at it’s finest. The owner, Maggie Gillespie, is well known for her artistic talent in everything from decorating to her elegant floral arranging. Enjoy total relaxation on the front porch of the Gillespie House with it’s comfortable rockers and gliders.
The foyer has all the charm of days gone by with its tasteful and refined antiques. A common areal located downstairs is decorated eloquently with comfort in mind…...it is an area of mellowness and indulgence for guests....Read more
Gillespie House: West Suite
Additional Location Information
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$185||$185 - $205||$0||$0||1 night|
|Jan. 29 2013 - Dec. 31 2013
|All Other Dates||$185||$185||-||-||1 night|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
- - 13% of rental - Fee - Tax
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 11, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Most Uncomfortable - Dysfunctional Room I have ever stayed in!!
Just say no!!!
My wife and I went to Fredericksburg for Valentines weekend. We had visions of a lovely room, with a nice spa tub, big flat panel TV, with a fluffy, comfy bed. None of this came true.
* Bed was extremely uncomfortable - felt like it was about 20 years old!
* Sheets were so thin you could read a newspaper through them.
* Bed linens looked like they were about five years old.
* Some type of white stains in the spa bath tub - we didn't get in it!
* Water stains on the window curtains - that were also about a foot too long for the windows.
* King Bed - stuck in the corner of the room, so you could only get out on one side, which meant you had to climb over your spouse to get out of the bed!! Just dumb placement
* Great TV - however, it is stuck in a corner that is 90 degrees opposite of the bed. In other words, you can't lay in bed and watch TV without turning 90 degrees. Dumb
* Stains and mold growing in the shower
* Both rooms operate off one thermostat. So, you better hope the people staying in the East suite have the same temperature desires as you do. Otherwise, you are freezing or frying and constantly adjusting the thermostat that is out in the hallway.
Breakfast was awesome! Great waffles and gracious hosts.
This room was so bad, we left after the first night. I travel extensively for business and pleasure. This was by far the most uncomfortable, dysfunctional room I have ever stayed in.
I have asked the Manager for a refund. However, they use a booking service, so I am still waiting to see if I will get a refund. I have never left a room I had reserved, and I have traveled all over the world.
Final note - just stay away. Not worth the $$$ price they want, and definitely not recommended. Check out the Motel 6 - it would be more comfortable and at least you can relax in bed and watch TV.