Welcome to Tir Na N'og, “Land of the forever young”, a luxurious five-bedroom beachfront estate on 10 secluded acres of gardens and walkways. Tir Na Nog includes a spectacular private beach, manicured grounds surrounded by coconut palms, flowers, and fruit trees, and a private tennis court.
Tir Na No’g was built in 2007 by local carpenters and craftsmen under the vision of famed interior decorator David Flint Wood. Decorated in the elegant style of an old Caribbean plantation house, the four separate housing structures allow for bedroom privacy, along with group dining and socializing in the Great Hall and surrounding patios. The... estate is rented to only one group at a time.
Tir Na Nog is situated in the most sought-after location on Eleuthera, the Atlantic seashore on the Banks Road, where a select number of estates overlook a beautiful pink-sand beach, only minutes from nearby restaurants and the charming village of Governors Harbour. Stroll the miles-long beach, and stop in at Tippy's restaurant or The Beach House, for a cool drink or a bite to eat. Lounge in the sun in the hammocks strung in the coconut grove, rest in the shade of the beachfront gazebo, or pick fresh fruit from the variety of fruit trees.
All bedrooms at Tir Na Nog have TVs with DVD, Ipod sound systems, luxury linens, robes and slippers, air conditioning, and ceiling fans. Other amenities include high-speed wireless internet and landline telephone service in the Great Hall, tennis equipment, snorkeling equipment, beach toys, and more.
The buildings on the estate include:
1. The Great Hall: This elegant colonial-style building, surrounded by a large, wrap-around porch with sweeping views of the estate, is the gathering place for fine dining, relaxation and entertaining. The Great Hall features a full kitchen and large dining area with seating for 12. The spacious living/entertainment area, elegantly furnished in old plantation style, includes a large flat-screen satellite TV, DVD movie library, WIFI, books for children and adults, and board games. The Great Hall also has a breezy outdoor dining area with a gas grill, and a roof deck with views of the ocean.
2. The Main House: This lovely colonial building features another large wrap-around porch with views of the tennis court and gardens. Inside are three bedrooms, each with a full en-suite bathroom and separate entrance from the porch. Two of the bedrooms have king beds. The third has twin beds with two additional trundle beds.
3. The Beach Cottages: These two romantic cottages with views of the ocean have king bedrooms with full bathrooms, under-counter refrigerators, coffee makers, and outdoor seating areas with deck chairs. They are located 100 yards from the Main House and Great Hall for privacy.
4. The Tiki Hut: This beachside, open-air shelter has shady seating under a thatched roof. The nearby Cabana has outdoor showers and a storage room housing beach chairs, snorkeling equipment, and beach toys.
5. The Tennis Pavilion provides shady seating on white wicker furniture beside the tennis court. The pavilion is fully equipped with tennis rackets and balls. It also contains a laundry room with washer and dryer.
Morning maid service (every weekday except holidays) and on-site caretaker are complimentary at Tir Na N’og. A private chef can be arranged.
A vast reef just 300 meters offshore ensures idyllic kayaking and snorkeling conditions for anyone staying at Tir Na N'og. We have plenty of snorkeling gear, as well as beach recliners and water loungers for those of us who prefer to spend the day taking in the sun. Kayaks can be rented for use during your stay. We also have a baby monitor, pack and play crib, and kids’ beach toys for those traveling with children.
The famous beach restaurant and bar Tippy’s is just a ten-minute walk down the beach. Other upscale restaurants within easy driving distance include The Beach House, The Bistro at Sky Beach Club, and Cocodimama. The town of Governors Harbour, just two miles away, has grocery stores, restaurants, liquor stores, two banks with ATMs, a bakery, gift shops, a dive shop, and a medical clinic. Friday Night Fish Fry in Governors Harbour, a street/beach party that brings together all the tourists and locals with food, drink, and dancing in the street, is not to be missed.
Tir Na No’g has everything you’ll need for a relaxing and enjoyable family vacation. We hope you will enjoy our beachfront estate as much as we do.Read more
Tir Na N’og Beachfront Estate Governor's Harbour, Eleuthera, Bahamas
Additional Location Information
Tir Na Nog is located on the Atlantic beach of the old Banks Road, the most sought-after location on Eleuthera, where a select number of grand estates overlook a beautiful pink-sand beach. Tir Na Nog is a ten-minute walk down the beach from Tippy's famous beach restaurant and the Beach House. Other upscale restaurants within easy driving distance include The Bistro at Sky Beach Club, and Cocodimama. The town of Governors Harbour, a mile away, has a charming collection of 19th century homes and churches overlooking its historic harbor. The recently restored Haynes Library, which dates from 1897, hosts a weekly coffee hour for foreign residents and tourists. Governors Harbour has grocery stores, restaurants, liquor stores, two banks with ATMs, a bakery, gift shops, a dive shop, and a medical clinic. Friday Night Fish Fry in Governors Harbour, a street/beach party that brings together all the tourists and locals with food, drink, and dancing in the street, is not to be missed. Eleuthera is located just 200 miles southeast of Florida. There are multiple daily direct flights from Nassau, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Contact us for flight tips and we'll make it easy.
Location Type Away from it all, Beach, Tropical
AvailableUnavailableLast updated: November 16, 2012◀▶
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.