Cozy Waterview Haliburton Cottage with Fireplace
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
|Living space||620 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
|Theme||Away from it all, Lake, Waterfront|
Description from the owner
Our waterfront cottage with a wood burning fireplace is in a resort-like setting on Lake Kashagawigamog. Only a 2 1/2 hour drive from Toronto on good roads, the cottage is so close to the water it couldn't legally be built today. Once you are here you can enjoy the Haliburton cottage lifestyle, yet be only minutes from town, shopping, restaurants and Tim Horton's. There's lots of cottage country family fun to be had and things to do, both on our property and nearby.
The cottage isn't huge, but it's well equipped. It's one of 13 cottages in a former housekeeping resort. As the cottages are now all privately owned, they are furnished to...Read more
Cozy Waterview Haliburton Cottage with Fireplace
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Additional Location Information
Cottage #2 at Willow Beach is located in the Haliburton Highlands on 4.5 acres of land, spread out along 450' of Lake Kashagawigamog shoreline. Although you are situated in an idylic cottage atmosphere, you are only 7 minutes from shopping and restaurants, 10 minutes from a hospital and 15 minutes from a Tim Horton's (if you gotta have it; a new one is suppose to be built closer soon).
Couples or families that want to enjoy the cottage lifestyle will find it all here. The nightly bonfire. A deck to fish off. Muskoka chairs to doze off in. If you get bored of horseshoes, or vollyball, or dunking basketballs, or paddling around in our various canoes and other watercraft you can always go exploring. By the way, all our toys, games, the washer and dryer, silent watercraft, are free for the guests to use.
What you won't find in our cottage: a stereo. If you bring one please respect the neighbours. You also won't find a mixer, blender or food processor (but you will find a microwave, toaster and coffeemaker). In the "Spa" building you won't find a hot tub. Willow Beach did have a hot tub, but it was removed due to draconian government regulations (we're surprised that there is a hot tub left at a rental property in Ontario). Nor will you find exercise equipment in the "Spa" building. It was rusted solid when we bought the place! From lack of exercise, no doubt. Another thing you won't find at Willow Beach Cottages is an axe by the free woodpile. Our fellow owners at Willow Beach are convinced that some guest will chop his foot off if we supply one. Bring your own axe, or bring firestarter or a bag of kindling.
There's lots to do in the Haliburton Highlands year round. Artist's studios, festivals, golf (6 minutes away), trails, shopping, you name it. Take a day and visit the Haliburton Forest Reserve and meet the wolves. In winter we are surrounded by cross country skiing and snowmobile trails. Sir Sam's downhill skiing and summer mountain bike trails are 23 minutes away.
Anna the caretaker and Chip the handyman will be around to give you tips. So will your fellow guests on the property as well as various cottage owners. But don't worry, even when the place is full, it's never crowded.
Our holiday rental cottage is easy to get to from any direction on paved roads. Once you arrive there is lots of free parking, even if you brought your boat trailer (no extra charge for trailer parking, by the way). If you do bring your boat we have a private dock (2012) you can use, steps from the cottage. Ask for details.
Once at the cottage, if you want to leave and maybe catch a band or other entertainment in Minden (15 minutes) or Haliburton (7 minutes) there are local taxis. The Dominion Hotel in Minden books great acts, especially off season. If you came up to here as a teenager, the "world famous" Rockcliffe Tavern is still operating in Minden. And it's still a dump!
Location Type Away from it all, Lake, Waterfront
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in CAD) (change)
|Rate Summary||$176||$205||$938 - $1,390||$3,752||2 nights|
|Mar. 16 2013 - May. 16 2013
|May. 17 2013 - May. 20 2013
Victoria Day Weekend
|Jun. 1 2013 - Jun. 30 2013
June Whole Month Rate
|Jun. 21 2013 - Sep. 2 2013
Summer Weekly Rate
|All Other Dates||$176||$176||$1,390||-||2 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
Additional notes from owner
1. Prices posted include HST! Compare our all-in rates and amenities and you'll agree we offer a tremendous value for the final price on your credit card statement.
2. Payment by VISA, MasterCard or personal cheque (cheques must be received 30 days before check-in).
3. 30% of the rental is paid at time of booking. Payment must be made in full before check-in. Refunds may be made if the unit is re-rented, less a 25% service fee. Should a reservation not be cancelled prior to noon on the day of check-in the full cost of the reservation will be due and charged to the credit card on file. Cottage cancellation fees tend to be fierce, as the season is so short. A cancelled week is equal to 10% of our summer business.
4. During the Summer check-in time is after 3:00 pm and check-out is before 10:00 am. During all other seasons check-in time is after 5:00 pm and check-out is before 12:00 noon. Please, no early or late check-ins or outs during the summer season. Anna needs all the time between guests to clean and prep the cottage.
5. Pets are permitted in spring, fall and winter in Cottage #2. This is one of the few things we have an extra charge for: $10/day or $50 week - max 2 per cottage. Pets must be leashed at all times when outside the cottage.
6. This is a housekeeping cottage. You bring your own bedding, linens and towels. Some paper products and dish towels are provided. IF you want us to supply bedding, linens and towels we can arrange that for an extra charge. Ask for details.
7. More fine print: Weekend Rates apply to all statutory holidays including Family Day, plus December 30th and December 31st. Rates are based on a 2 day minimum stay. Three day minimum for long weekends and reservations that include December 30 and/or December 31st. During the Summer High Season (6/21-9/2/2013) Rentals are by the WEEK ONLY, Saturday to Saturday.
8. We need to know about all guests staying at the cottage. Number of extra persons limited to the bed capacity in a given cottage. Our maximum capacity is 8 humans, which is a lot in our small cottage. We sleep 7 comfortably (with the sofa bed). If you have more people than that we recommend you rent a bigger cottage. Two adults and three children would probably be ideal.
9. No refunds for late arrival or early departure.
10. Every cottage at Willow Beach Cottages is privately owned, furnished, equipped and maintained. This website advertises and describes Cottage #2 at Willow Beach Cottages, Haliburton. Although common rates are published for the various cottages at Willow Beach, Owners are free to set their own rates and special offers. Any offer made on Flipkey for Cottage #2 at Willow Beach Cottages, Haliburton, is made by the private Owners of Cottage #2 at Willow Beach Cottages and may or may not be offered or matched by the private Owners of other cottages at Willow Beach Cottages at their discretion. So there.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 02, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
A Perfect Little Getaway From The City Life
Our family of four stayed in this cottage a couple of years ago, and my husband actually returned on his own last year at the same time. We had a fantastic and relaxing time when we were there. The atmosphere of the grounds was peaceful and well kept, and the cottage itself was clean and comfy. Anything we needed was readily available, (for cooking, etc) and the owners had a great selection of movies for us to watch, not to mention free wifi. The kids really enjoyed the pool table and board games in the rec building located on the grounds, and there was ample firewood at our disposal for cozy warmth in the cottage each night. We loved the feeling of being of secluded but knowing we were only a short drive to town. The scenery was amazing too. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a great little spot to relax and enjoy the nature at your door :)
Although the cottage is on the small side, everything is well-thought out, and includes all the essentials. You don't actually have to bring much -- it includes gas bbq, TV, VCR, fireplace and a great and huge collection of videos. There's even wifi.
The town and grocery store are about a 15 minute drive from the cottage.
On the negative side, the lake itself is a bit noisy. There was music being pumped across the lake from the other side at night, but it stopped at around 11pm. Also, jet ski's during the day. However, I think it would be pretty hard to find a quiet lake these days in Haliburton-Muskoka.
All in all, this was a great, no-fuss place to stay and I would definitely return.
Great location and cozy cottage.
This is a very clean and cozy cottage. It had a great view overlooking the lake and we saw an amazing rainbow after a rain shower. It's an ideal location for long walks and hikes in the fall. Would love to go back in the summer. We had a very romantic weekend for two at this cottage and would definitely recommend it and go back again.
Would love to go back with my 2 kids as there is lots to do on the lake in the summer.
Can't wait to go back.