- 4 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
Description from the owner
Karetu Downs is situated approximately 63 km north of Christchurch and is a one hour drive from Christchurch airport. The property is Kiwi owned and farmed and has been in the Forrester family for over 100 years.The farm is 2000 hectares of some flat to rolling downs but mostly hill country land on which we graze sheep & beef cattle. The prominent feature is the hill country which rises to just on 3 thousand feet above sea level. A climb to the top of the farm through tussock tracks provides outstanding views over the countryside looking back to the Southern Alps, the east coast and on a clear day to the South the view of Christchurch and sur...Read more
Farmstay "Karetu Downs" Stunning Waipara Gorge
Hawarden, South Island, New Zealand
Additional Location Information
We are 15 minutes from Waipara Valley vineyards and cafes. 10 minutes from Iron Ridge Quarry Sculpture Park and 20 minutes from the Weka Pass Railway steam trains.
• Amberley township is 20 minutes drive away with a good selection of shops and restaurants (including the well known Nor' Wester Cafe).
• Pegasus, Amberley and Hawarden Country golf clubs are all close at hand.
• Easy day trips to Whale Watching at Kaikoura and the Hamner Springs Thermal pools.
• Easy day trip to Mount Lyford ski field.
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Rural retreats
Last updated on September 08, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 1 other Hawarden rentalsCheck Availability for Hawarden
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in AUD)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $90
- Cleaning fee | $32 per stay
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
Additional notes from the owner
We charge 15% GST on all bookings
Cleaning charge $35.00. Nil cleaning fee applies if house cleaned prior to departure from Karetu Cottage.
$15 extra per person, $12 extra child under 5 years free
- Alarm Clock
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Local Guides/Maps
- Linens Provided
- Housekeeping Optional
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Ocean or water views
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- Paper Towels Provided
- Stereo or CD player
- DVD Player
- Satellite or cable TV
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - yes
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no