Villa Ohantcea 4****, beautiful with charm, near beach
From $544 / night
- 6 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Sleeps 14
Description from the owner
An exceptional private retreat in Hendaye Plage (Beach), Cote Basque, France, Villa Ohantcea 4**** is a unique and exclusive accommodation with optimum capacity for 12 people in 6 bedrooms, up to 14. Villa Ohantcea merges careful design, privilege location, warm and cozy atmosphere and endless activities.
Villa Ohantcea has a privileged situation, 30 min from San Sebastián and Biarritz, few minutes from the beach of Hendaye and few kilometres of cultural, sporting and dining attractions. The villa has a privileged natural setting with fabulous views to the mountains and Txingudi Bay and is surrounded by trees and vegetation, being an...Read more
Villa Ohantcea 4****, beautiful with charm, near beach
Hendaye, Aquitaine, France
Additional Location Information
Villa Ohantcea has a strategic location just minutes from the beach of Hendaye, 20 minutes from San Sebastian and Biarritz, 1 hour from the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, 1:45h from La Rioja Alavesa (paradise for wine lovers), 2:30h from Bordeaux and few kilometres from renowned Michelin starred restaurants (more info in the activities section).
Hendaye is divided into two main areas: the ancient Basque town and beach area (Hendaye plage), where the villa is located as well as main touristic attractions such as marina, hotels, casino, shops, restaurant and Thalassotherapy center Serge Blanco. The villa is located on a quiet street near the beach and supermarkets, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, bookstores ... are also just around the corner.Outdoor sports
Hendaye Beach, 3.5 km long, is one of the safest in Cote Basque and offers excellent swimming conditions, walks and relaxation; its waters are calm and allow enjoying the beach also in family and with children. The beach is at the same time ideal for surfers and to practice all kinds of sports such as kayaking, snorkelling, fishing, sailing, volleyball or football on the beach.
Besides sports enthusiasts can also ride horses, practice yoga, Pilates, golf, hiking and relaxing with a thalassotherapy session.
Knowing the Basque Country
Hendaye is strategic placed as a tourist resort and the location of Villa Ohantcea is perfect to visit Basque Country and France. A small tour in the Basque Country will reveal the bravery of the Atlantic, its sandy beaches, bustling towns and charming villages. Its cuisine is well known throughout the world, has an excellent local wine and first quality fish and meats, the region is well known for having the highest concentration of Michelin starred restaurants in the world.
Bilbao (Guggenheim Museum, Old Town and its tapas bars, several restaurants with Michelin stars), San Sebastian (El Peine de los Vientos, The Kursaal, the beaches of La Concha and Zurriola, several Michelin starred restaurants, The Old Town, International Jazz and Music Festivals), Getaria and Zarautz (Balenciaga Museum, Txakoli wineries and fish restaurants), Hondarribia-Fuenterrabia (Old Town, La Marina and restaurants), Pamplona, where annually are celebrated the internationally well known San Fermin Festivities (July 7 to 14), Biarritz, Bayonne, Saint-jean-de-luz, Bidart, guéthary, Anglet, or inland villages (Espelette, Ascain, Sare) all within 10 and 30 minutes driving distance.
Zarautz and Getaria as Txakoli manufacturing centers, Hernani-Astigarraga as a cider manufacturing center, La Rioja, paradise for wine lovers.
- Michelin Stars: the region is known for having the highest concentration of Michelin starred restaurants in the world and this testifies the importance and quality of its cuisine. Near Villa Ohantcea we will find some of these restaurants:
- In Hendaye Maison Eguiazábal (*)
- In Hondarribia, 5 Km from Hendaye, Alameda (*)
- 12 Km (15 min by car) from Hendaye, Zoko-Moko (*) in San Juan de Luz, Zuberoa (*) in Oiartzun and Mugaritz (**) in Renteria
- 25 Km from Hendaye (30 min by car or train), in San Sebastian, Arbelaitz (*), Mirador de Ulia (*), Kokotxa (*), Akelarre (***), Arzak (***), Martín Berasategui (***)
- A 30 Km from Hendaye, in Biarritz, Chateau de Brindos (*), L'atelier (*), L'impertinent
- Poteo: the tradition known as "poteo" or "txikiteo" consists making a short stop at every bar, drink a little beer called "zurito" or a wine, eat a tapa and switch to the next bar.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation
Last updated on July 12, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 6 other Hendaye rentalsCheck Availability for Hendaye
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
|See all dates
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $1,361
Additional notes from the owner
The payment has to be made in EUR and by bank transfer.
30% of the rental rate are due at reservation, the reservation will be confirmed only after reception of payment.
70% of the rental rate are due 30 days before Arrival.
A Security/Damage Deposit of 1.000 Euros is to be paid by the Guest in cash, cheque or via bank transfer latest on the day of arrival. The damage deposit will be fully refunded on departure day, latest within 7 days after departure, provided that
- no damage is done to Property or its content, beyond normal wear and tear
- the content of the property is returned completely, including keys, towels and linen
- Personal welcome and good-bye: we will welcome you personally and explain briefly how everything works in the house so that you can enjoy your stay in full and on departure day we will personally come to say goodbye
- Availability: we will be available during your stay to assist you with any questions or help you might need
- Weekly cleaning service and change of linen and towels is included
- Cleaning service before arrival and after departure are included
- Electricity, water, heating and Wi-fi
- Linen and towels included in renta price: 1 hand towel and 1 shower towel / per person and 1 set of linen per person.
The published prices are valid for standard rental accommodation. Any alternative usage (e.g. wedding, celebration, use as a film or photo shooting location) must be agreed in writing and may be charged at an additional rate.
Discounts are available for early bookings (9 months before arrival), long-term bookings (4 weeks or
more) and last-minute-bookings (less than 14 days before arrival) for week long stays or longer.
The Travel and Vacation Rental Insurance offers a protection against the financial risks associated with your vacation, we recommend that The Guest arranges a Vacation Rental Insurance matching their needs.
In the event of cancellation by the Guest before Start of Rental, the following fees apply:
- Cancellation up to 90 days before Arrival: 30% of Total Rental Fee
- Cancellation 30-90 days before Arrival: 50% of Total Rental Fee
- Cancellation 15-30 days before Arrival: 90% of Total Rental Fee
- Cancellation less than 15 days before Arrival: 100% of Total Rental Fee
The applicable amount will be reduced from deposits and payments, owners will return any remaining balance
In the event of departure by the Guest before the agreed Departure, no refund will be made.
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Local Guides/Maps
- Central heating
- Housekeeping Optional
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Ocean or water views
- Stove or Oven
- Paper Towels Provided
- Satellite or cable TV
- DVD Player
- Stereo or CD player
- Balcony or terrace
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - ask
- 250 square meters