Mangoes /West Coast/St James/Sunset Crest/Holetown
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- sleeps 7
Description from the owner
NB. ALL REVIEWERS HAVE GIVEN MANGOES THE TOP RATING OF 5 STARS SINCE WE REFURBISHED THE KITCHEN WAY BACK IN 2011.
Stroll out of the back garden gate of Mangoes and across the road to the beautiful Platinum Coast sands and the Caribbean Sea. Grab a towel and take the tiny "swimming key" and off you go!
Our property could not be better placed; we have the sea and beaches less than two minutes walk and a variety of shops, restaurants, bars, banks and a well stocked modern supermarket on the doorstep! Furthermore, the Beach Club and swimming pool, belonging to local residents and their guests, is also just across the road, with exce...Read more
Mangoes /West Coast/St James/Sunset Crest/Holetown
Holetown, Saint James, Barbados
Additional Location Information
Sunset Crest, where Mangoes is situated is a lovely residential area right on the "Platinum Coast" of Barbados . Most of the houses are quite large, detached properties (owned by respectable working people) with beautiful tropical gardens which all adds to the pleasant atmosphere of the area.
The Caribbean sea and our pool are situated just across the West Coast road, a mere 2 minutes walk away. The pool is privately owned by Sunset Crest property owners. It is maintained by the Beach House which provides restaurant, bar and facilities. Entry to the pool is free for local residents and renters and, as many locals are working people with busy lives to attend to and not much time to go swimming, this leaves it fairly under-used.
Sunset Crest, is very close to historic Holetown where the first settlers landed and the whole area has now been sympathetically developed to provide excellent facilities in traditional Bajan style. Prosperous little businesses thrive in the delightful chattel-shop village and restaurants to suit all pockets abound.
All amenities required for a good holiday are within easy walking distance so car hire is not essential except for sight seeing purposes. Buses travel regularly up and down the coast road, South to Bridgetown, the capital, and North to quaint Speightstown and beyond.
Location Type Beach, Tropical
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: March 02, 2014 ◀▶
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP) (change)
|Dates||Nightly||Weekly||Monthly||Min Night Stay|
|See all dates
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
Additional notes from owner
1. Our prices are flexible depending upon the time of year, party size and length of stay.
2. Although Mangoes is big and sleeps 7, couples are particularly welcome and prices will be discounted.
3. Please contact us for a quotation tailored to your needs.
4. Maid service, air conditioning and telephone calls around the island are included in the price.
5. Supplements apply for Christmas, Easter etc.
6. There are no hidden taxes or charges and other discounts may apply - please ask.
7. Prices for stays shorter than one week will be discounted at a slightly higher than pro rata rate. This is to cover fixed costs such as whole house cleaning after departure.
8. The lowest price quoted will usually be for two persons during low season.
MANGOES TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
· A deposit is required to secure a booking at Mangoes. Receipt of the deposit constitutes a contract for the rental of Mangoes and is non-returnable. The price, the number of named occupants, the period and the precise dates of rental have been agreed between the renters and the owners of Mangoes. Any changes to the details of your booking must be referred to the owners as soon as possible
· No persons other than the agreed named occupants shall sleep at Mangoes.
· No parties or functions shall be held at Mangoes without consultation and express permission of the owners.
· Where there has been discount awarded for under occupancy, renters should not expect to use the facilities of extra bedrooms (e.g. beds/air conditioning) over and above for the purpose of storing suitcases etc.
· The remaining balance of payment must be paid by the advised date i.e. eight weeks before departure. In the absence of payment by the due date, the owners reserve the right to re-advertise the dates for sale and to retain the deposit.
· Bookings shorter than 1 week will be discounted at a slightly higher than pro rata rate to cover fixed costs such as whole house cleaning after departure.
INSURANCE. - In case of cancellation, accidents or illness.
It is recommended that guests take out insurance from the day of booking and for the duration of the holiday, then, should the need to cancel arise, any losses would be covered.
It is also recommended that you ensure that your insurance covers accidents and illness throughout the duration of your holiday.
Having provided the villa with a high level of easy-to-use security, the owners of Mangoes are unable to compensate guests for any losses of personal items taken from the property as a result of these security measures not being properly utilised.
NB. Guests are strongly discouraged from bringing previously unknown acquaintances (e.g. met at the beach) back to Mangoes. Doing so could incur an extra charge for the use of facilities and payment of costs for any damaged or stolen items.
There are many “comparison” internet sites which enable you to compare holiday insurance companies and prices or you could ask a travel agent to search on your behalf.
It is recommended that guests arrange accommodation and flights simultaneously. Guests who prefer to book flights at a later date must be prepared for the possibility that there will be no available seats on the flights required. Whilst any resulting last minute changes to the precise dates of renting Mangoes will be accommodated where possible, there will be no refund for unoccupied days which have been pre-booked (unless these are subsequently re-sold) and extra days will be charged for, on a pro rata basis.
(SADLY, PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE HAS RESULTED IN THE INCLUSION OF THESE RULES)
Nappies, sanitary wear and condoms must not be flushed down the toilet as these items cannot be broken down by the processes within a septic tank. Please use the bins provided.
CONSERVE THE ENVIRONMENT
Air conditioning should be used SENSIBLY ….. CLOSE doors and windows whilst using air conditioning – warm air from outside renders it ineffective. USE air conditioning to cool the bedroom in advance of going to bed or while you are in the room. TURN OFF when you are going out of the room.
DAMAGE TO FURNITURE
No smoking indoors . . . if smoking outside, please dispose of cigarette ends thoughtfully, using an ashtray as opposed to throwing them into the flower beds (filter tips do not break down).
No burning of mosquito coils. Sprays are equally effective, as cheap and less damaging to the lungs. Resulting damage to furniture will be charged for.
The property as you would hope yours would be respected in the same situation.
Parents, please be aware of your children’s whereabouts and behaviour!
Serious damage (excluding minor breakages of glassware etc.) will be charged for.
- Housekeeping Included [?]
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Ceiling Fans
- Wireless Internet
- Dial-up Internet
- Internet Access
- Outdoor Pool
- Pool [?]
- Water Views [?]
- Gas Stove
- Washing Machine [?]
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Golf Clubs
- Pet friendly - No
- Smoking allowed - Ask
- Suitable for children - Yes
- Suitable for the elderly - Yes
- Wheelchair accessible - Ask
- 2000 square feet
About the owner
MRS C L G MILLS
Response rate 100%
Response time A few hours
Calendar updated 12 days ago
Rating 4.7 / 5.0 Based on 2 propertiesMore about this owner »