How to stay in a vacation rental
If you're new to vacation rentals, it's easy to find the rental perfect for you on FlipKey. Vacations are better with a place to call home.
Find an apartment, condo, or home to rent on FlipKey.
Vacation rentals combine the excitement of travel with the comforts of home. With extra space, privacy, and amenities, it's the smartest choice. Here's how to begin.
- Explore your options. Search for a specific location from our homepage or explore all destinations if you aren't sure where you want to go.
- Check out the details. You can view each rental to check out photos and availability, bedroom and bathroom details, and see what activities and restaurants are nearby.
- Read Reviews. Take a look at what past guests have said about the rental. FlipKey has real reviews from past guests. Rental owners can never edit reviews.
- Contact a few rentals. Ask questions before you make a reservation. We recommend contacting at least 5 rental owners or managers to make sure you can choose the perfect place.
Book your reservation.
After contacting several rentals, you will receive responses from rental owners and managers confirming rates and availability. Now you're ready to select a rental and book your reservation.
- Sign a rental agreement. Expect to receive a rental agreement which helps everyone understand the pricing, policies, and check-in/check-out procedure for your stay.
- Send your deposit. Most rentals request a small deposit to confirm the reservation.
- Stay safe with your payment. Avoid paying by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Money Gram), and instead always pay by credit card or PayPal.
- Protect your vacation. FlipKey offers travel insurance specially designed for vacation rentals. Learn more
- Ask us! If you aren't sure about anything, feel free to contact FlipKey for advice.
Check-in and have a great trip!
Your vacation is almost here! Before you check-in, here are some reminders to have a great stay.
- Get the keys. Most rentals use either a lock box or keep keys at a central property management office. Make sure you know where to receive the keys upon your arrival.
- Discover the area. Plan ahead by doing some research on your destination before the trip. TripAdvisor is especially useful for finding things to do.
- Be the perfect guest. These are real homes, so enjoy your stay just as if you were living in your own house. Remember to tidy up before you leave!
- Share your experience. After your trip, come back to FlipKey to leave a review. You’ll help future travelers know about your experience.
Discover why travelers love FlipKey.
Homes. Condos. Villas. Resorts.
Choose the perfect place to stay. You’ll always have options when you travel, anywhere in the world.
A new way to travel.
Rent for 1 night to 1 month. Live like a local anywhere in the world with your own vacation rental house.
Read what past guests are saying.
Find out the real scoop on each rental. FlipKey has the largest collection of verified and trusted guest reviews in the industry!
Who wants to live in a hotel? Take the comforts of home with you. Enjoy your own kitchen, extra space, and maybe even a backyard.