This deluxe 6 bedroom villa in Tuscany is situated on the hills above Florence. This unique 15th century villa is able to satisfy even the most demanding guests and is one of the most luxurious properties in Florence.
Villa Le Rose is a Medici villa commissioned by the Marchese Niccolò Antinori in the 15th century. In the 1980’s, Leonardo and Beatrice Ferragamo bought the villa it and made it their home. The villa has been perfectly restored and fitted with all the modern luxury comforts.
It takes 5 minutes by car from the centre of Florence to get to the villa, which is buil...t around a beautiful courtyard and is surrounded by gardens and olive groves.
Villa Le Rose is about 400 m² and offers 6 delightful bedrooms and many other fascinating rooms including an impressive ballroom. The entrance is located under the beautiful arched loggiaand once inside the hall is adorned with antique mirrors. The villa is built on three floors according to the typical layout of aristocratic villas.
On the ground floor you will find the Sala delle Feste, a magnificent 18th century ballroom complete with Grand Piano and impressive chandelier; a spacious frescoed living room; a welcoming study; a comfortable dining room which can seat up to 20 people, and one double bedroom (#1 ) with king size bed, the Baldacchino Suite with a great canopied bed and an entirely frescoed bathroom with fireplace. There is also another lovely room with card table and mirrored bar room; and a beautiful library with a collection of sailboat models. This room is also known as the T.V. room with full satellite TV and DVD player.
On the upper floor you will find five suites.
- Bedroom #2 is the Roses Bedroom, a junior suite which is very charming indeed. The suite comprises twin beds pushed together to make a king size bed; a comfortable seating area with two sofas with twin pink poufs in the middle and with being on the corner the suite has four large windows which offer views of Florence’s finest villas and beautiful rolling hills. The en suite bathroom is large and has twin sinks, a large marble shower with glass door and separate tub. All of the bathrooms in the villa are of the highest level. Furthermore there is plenty of wardrobe space in the bedroom and in the powder room.
- Bedroom #3, is known as the Guest Bedroom. The colours used here are beige and dark blue. The bed is a king size bed and the bathroom has twin sinks, marble shower, separate tub and plenty of space. All bathrooms come complete with Le Rose signature amenities. Being a corner suite this room also boasts views overlooking the Cyprus lined drive leading up to the villa.
- Bedroom #4, is the Master Suite known as the Green Room due to the wonderful green stone used in the bathroom. This lovely suite has a functioning fireplace and very comfortable seating for afternoon tea or just for relaxing. The large bathroom consists of a powder room with dressing table and ample wardrobe space. The bathroom has twin sinks, shower and separate tub. All bathrooms have a bidet and WC.
- Bedroom #5, is the Oriental Bedroom. This is the smallest bedroom and not on the same level as the other bedrooms due to its size but it is still very very charming. This bedroom also has an en suite bathroom with twin sink, marble shower, separate tub and of course bidet.
- Bedroom #6 or otherwise known as the Pink Bedroom is connected to the Oriental Bedroom by an adjoining door but it also has it’s own entrance from the first floor landing. This corner junior suite is large and very cosy with a fireplace and comfortable seating area. The oversized couch can be turned into a comfortable single bed making this bedroom a triple if necessary.
There is also a room suitable for staff on this floor, complete with en suite bathroom and mini kitchenette for warming food, tea, coffee, baby bottles etc.
Basement (lower floor)
On the lower floor you will find the Kitchen and Staff Quarters. There is a spacious and bright open style kitchen with typical Tuscan fireplace for indoor grilling and food preparation. Next to the kitchen is the garage which can be used on request. There is also a laundry room with washing machine and two dryers.
Garden and Outdoor Space
The villa comprises gardens up to around 1000 m² which includes a lovely oval shaped exclusive swimming pool. The views from this area are stunning. There is also a covered dining area near the pool which is ideal for picnics or cocktails. There is a further lounge area, which is the ideal setting for breakfast, afternoon tea, cocktails and of course dinner ‘al fresco’.
Our Personal Opinion
Villa Le Rose is simply one of the best properties in Tuscany. It is a traditional villa full of history, a dream with original frescoes, modern furniture, all the contemporary amenities, full staffed and perfectly located. If you are looking for the best, this is your property
Villa Le Rose - Splendid 15th Century Villa Impruneta, Tuscany, Italy
Additional Location Information
Villa Le Rose stands high on a stunning hill just outside Florence in an area known as Firenze Certosa, named after the nearby monastery La Certosa. The area can be defined the entrance to the Chianti region, renowned for its wine groves and breathtaking landscapes. Furthermore, it is ideally located for visiting local places of interest. A stone's throw away from the centre of Florence it is also well placed for day excursions to Siena, Lucca and Pisa. The Villa is just 13 Km from the center of Florence and 2 Km from the motorway / highway exit Firenze Certosa off the autostrada A1 and the Raccordo to Siena,
Main Distances from Villa le Rose
Last updated on July 09, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 49 other Impruneta rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.