- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
Description from the owner
Fully furnished holiday home in Kandy, with beautiful panoramic views. For lets of up to six months. Last minute, long stay and early bird discounts available.
The house is only 5 minutes drive from the centre of Kandy, up into the hills surrounding the town. The house is beautifully decorated and consists of four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a fitted western style kitchen. There is a large garden facing fantastic panoramic views over the Knuckles range of mountains and the Mahaveli river. It is a bird watchers paradise and is ideal to use as a base to travel around Sri Lanka.
Can sleep up to 9 people.
House On The Rock -Kandy, Sri Lanka
Kandy, Sri Lanka
Additional Location Information
Kandy is 100km (62miles) north east of Colombo and although the town lacks an airport, there are a number of buses and trains running between the two destinations.
It is Sri Lanka's hill capital and, at 488 metres above sea level, has a much cooler and more pleasant climate than Colombo or the southern towns. Kandy is classed as a World Heritage City by UNESCO and is home to the famous tooth relic of the Lord Buddha.
Kandy is the venue of the Esala Perahera, easily the most colourful festival in Asia, held in July/August each year, in honour of the tooth relic. The torch-lit streets are filled with elephants and costumed dancers as they pay homage to the casket of the sacred tooth relic carried by the king of the elephants. The procession moves along the streets for seven consecutive nights and concludes on the day of the August full moon.
The tooth relic is housed in a golden temple known as the Dalada Maligawa - the Temple of the Tooth. It is home to wonderful architecture and paintings, thanks to the patronage of the Kandyan kings.
Other attractions in Kandy include walking round the large and wonderful botanical garden, watching elephants bathing, taking in an evening show of Kandyan dancing and traditional fire walking, to say nothing of the museums, historical buildings, and the lovely views of the mountains and the lake.
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Warm winter getaways
Car is not necessary
Last updated on September 18, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 31 other Kandy rentalsCheck Availability for Kandy
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
Additional notes from the owner
We also offer package deals. Please contact us or visit our website for more details.
Get 10% of all bookings if you book the villa a year in advance.
Get 10% of all bookings if you book the villa for 3 weeks or more
Extra services available:
(Cost in Sri Lankan Rupees)
* Airport taxi service (maximum 4 people): Rs 10,000 both ways, Rs 7,000 one way (The airport is 4 to 4Â½ hours drive away). For more than 4 people, please enquire ***.
* Van hire without driver (seats 4): Rs 2000 per day. (A bigger van for larger groups may be available upon request ***)
* Home made meals (mainly Sri Lankan meals) **- Menu
Dinner: Rs 800 per person (including cost of food) or Rs 500 per person (food to be bought separately by the renters)
Breakfast: Rs 500 per person (including cost of food) or Rs 300 per person (food to be bought separately by the renters)
* Taxi service from the house to the town: Rs 250 (for 4 people one way)
* Telephone access: Â£10 + the bill at the end of the stay.
* Internet access (Broadband 512kb): Â£10 per week or Â£7 for stays ofless than a week.
* Cleaning service: Rs 1,000 per day
* Washing and Ironing: Rs 50 per item
* Additional linen hire: Rs 200 per person (includes a set of bed linen and a towel)
* Traditional Ayuevedic treatments and massages (onsite) : Ask on site for more information
**Please note that the above prices may change slightly according to the type of food ordered
***Please note that we can only recommend reliable vehicle-rental companies / individuals. We are not responsible for the prices or any other aspect of the rental.
- Alarm Clock
- Housekeeping Optional
- Ceiling Fans
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Mountain Views
- Ocean or water views
- Stove or Oven
- DVD Player
- Stereo or CD player
- Satellite or cable TV
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - no