Ocean View Pualani, Bikes, Hot Tub, Snorkeling!
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
|Theme||Adventure, Romantic, Beach, Ocean, Tropical|
Description from the owner
Aloha and welcome to one of the most beautiful spots on the East side of the Big Island! The gated community of Kapoho Beach Lots offers travelers a taste of old Hawaii and a truly quiet and relaxing vacation atmosphere with close proximity to Hilo, Volcano National Park, Kapoho tide pools, hot ponds, lava viewing, and more!
The Pualani Tropical Beach House is a two story Hawaiian style home with panoramic tropical and ocean views. The floor to ceiling windows make you feel as if you are in a treehouse because as you look out, you are surrounded by palm trees and tropical foliage with the sounds of the birds and the ocean across the st...Read more
Ocean View Pualani, Bikes, Hot Tub, Snorkeling!
Additional Location Information
Kapoho is located on the southeastern tip of the Big Island of Hawaii. The area is known for its sunny days, much less rain than Hilo, clean air, fabulous snorkeling, and tropical trade winds. This is a great spot to vacation, or live if you are lucky enough!
Some things that I enjoy that are free:
1) Ride my bike to the ocean access spots and go snorkeling. My favorite spot is the southernmost cove at Vacationland.
2) Go for a soak and swim in the rain at Champagne Pond.
3) Visit Hilo on Wed or Sat mornings to go to the farmer's market. It is wonderful!
4) Visit the Makuu Farmer's Market on Sundays - local food, music, crafts, etc.
5) Swim in the Pahoa Olympic Size Pool - open daily from 8:30-5 and weekends 9-4 and it's free!!
6) Visit the Pana'Ewa Rain Forest Zoo just south of Hilo.
7) Go for a swim/soak at the Ahalanui Hot Pond
8) Hike to the new black sand beach in Kalapana where the road ends (and have an ice cream - lunch at the restaurant here is very good too!!)
9) Hike to Green Lake (lots of places to hike on the island!)
Some things that I enjoy that are not free
1) Go to Volcano National Park
2) Visit the Botanical Gardens north of Hilo
3) Have lunch or dinner at Cafe Pesto
4) My very favorite restaurant is Kaleo's in Pahoa. "Ono" food, and live entertainment on Thursdays and Sunday evenings. Best to make reservations. A little pricey.
5) Stop for take out fish & chips at the fish market in Pahoa at the Malama Market Shopping Center and bring it back to the house to eat and watch the ocean.
6) I love Lemongrass in Keaau for a plate lunch to take back to the house too!
7) The Thai food restaurants in Pahoa are very good if you like Thai
8) Luquin's for Mexican food and a margarita (Pahoa)
9) Paolo's is excellent Italian food (Pahoa)
10) The Hilo Bay Cafe in the Walmart Shopping Center is very good and healthy
11) The Ponds restaurant in Hilo
12) Ken's Pancackes Hilo
Location Type Beach, Ocean, Tropical
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$139 - $160||$139 - $160||$925 - $1,100||$2,995 - $4,000||3 nights|
|Dec. 15 2013 - Jan. 15 2014
|All Other Dates||$139||$139||$925||$2,995||3 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
- Cleaning fee - $110 / stay - Cleaning Fee
- Tax rate - 14% of rental - Tax
- Damage deposit - $300 / stay - Security Deposit
- Damage deposit - $300 - Security Deposit
- Additional guests - $15 / person - Per-Person Adjustment - Fee applies to parties of more than guest(s)
Additional notes from owner
Above rates are for two guests, add $15/night for each additional guest with a maximum of 4, add 13.42% HI state tax, $100 cleaning fee for two, $110 for 3-4, & refundable $300 security deposit. Hawaii Tax ID #W51759221-01
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 08, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
enrico and giuliana
la casa dei nostri sogni
check in e check out facili e veloci.
Casa confortevole, accessoriata ma soprattutto accogliente con calore.
Magnifica la vetrata della sala da pranzo con vista sul giardino ombreggiato da palme che incorniciano l'oceano.
Imperdibile il susseguirsi di rumori: vento, pioggia, oceano, noci di cocco che cadono e rane. Nulla a che vedere con i rumori della lontana città.
Paul and Alison
San Luis Obispo, CA
A week in Paradise
We had a wonderful time at Ocean View Pualani Home. The check in process was simple and the house was very clean. It was stocked with everything needed to make it a home away from home. We loved riding the bikes to the champange ponds. The snorkling was awesome. The water was warm and filled with colorful fish. The Makuu farmers was close and we purchased wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables there.
Response from Pat Starkie - 12/17/2010
Thanks so much! We are so glad you enjoyed Pualani and the Kapoho area. It is our goal to have happy guests who want to come back! Mahalo and we hope you can come back soon!
The owner is wonderful
I got in touch with the owner by way of emails. She is kind enough to help me. But the property manager is not good. We had some problems and called her but always the answering machine. We ran short of towels, and couldn't get enough hot water. The maneger came here one day before the departure. But the owner called us and she is quite gentle. In short, we had some problems but it was OK.
Response from Pat Starkie - 08/27/2010
I am not sure why they couldn't find towels because we have plenty. The hot water heater is solar, and if 6 people try to shower one after another it will run out! I normally only rent to 4, but these young women really want edto have 6, so I let them! My on island help responded as soon as she could, but they were not there to answer the telephone. Bottom line - plenty of towels, and they had a good time!!