|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyYes
|Theme||Away from it all, Beach, Ocean|
Description from the owner
The beautifully remodeled Fischer Home is a great family vacation home rental in Kekaha, on Kauai's sunny west side. The home can accommodate up to 9 guests and is remodeled with Merbau wood floors, Travertine bathrooms and Granite counter tops . The Fischer home has all the conveniences you'll need for relaxing in style during your Kauai vacation on the beach!
This elegant home features three bedrooms, a sleeping sun room, two bathrooms, a spacious great room and a laundry room. Every room leads to the ocean front patio which is just steps from the beach. The modern, fully-equipped kitchen is perfectly suited for family meals and ent...Read more
The Fischer House - Luxury Beach Front Home
Additional Location Information
The fischer Property mainhouse is located on the beach and right in front of Davidson's, the famous West Side surf break in Kekaha on Kauai's West Side at the foot of Kokee Mountain. Kekaha is a quiet, rural community reflecting the pace and style of the Hawaiian plantation days
Location Type Away from it all, Beach, Ocean
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$550||$550||$0||$0||3 nights|
|Mar. 21 2013 - Dec. 31 2013
The Fischer House
|All Other Dates||$550||$550||-||-||3 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
- Cleaning fee - $300 / stay - Other
- HI State Taxes - 13.42% of rental - Tax
Additional notes from owner
*Cleaning fees apply to stays of less than 5 nights. Cleaning fees are included in the per night price for stays of 5 nights or more.
'There is a four (4) night minimum stay and monthly rates are available. A $200 deposit per week of your stay is required to confirm your reservation. Balance of rental fee plus tax and cleaning is due 30 days prior to reservation date.
Hawaii Excise & Accommodations Tax
All rates are subject to a Hawaii Excise and Accommodations Tax which total 12.25%. (4% Hawaii Excise Tax and 8.25% Hawaii transient accommodations tax).
A refund will be given for cancellations received more than 30 days prior to the reservation date, less our $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations made later than that will receive refunds if we are able to re-book the accommodation.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: March 14, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Just what we were looking for!
Great location, quiet, nice place for a vacation. There was 7 of us, the house was a perfect size, lots of room. If your looking for sun in Kauai, this is the place. Had issues with barbecue, called the owners and they brought us a new one. The outdoor shower got used a lot, for cooling off and cleaning your feet from the beach. Would definately stay here again.
Response from Kekaha Oceanside Kauai - 02/15/2012
We look forward to hearing from you about a return visit to Kauai and to our Fischer Property!
Prince George, BC
Excellent service, friendly owners close by in case of any issues. Home is perfectly located steps from the ocean with all bedrooms facing the ocean, nicely laid out open living and kitchen area. Best part of the location is the sun; other parts of the island may experience rain but not here. Main highway very close but since the surf is so close, buffers the rush hour noise. Nice sized lanai with enough furniture to watch whales (in season). Wifi available for those who need to keep in touch. Love watching TV at night in the elegant king sized principle bedroom with the surf nearby. Most amazing star lit skies.
Beautiful property - Not a Smooth Stay
My family stayed at the Fisher Cottage House and Cottage over Christmas. It is a lovely setting on the beach and the furnishings are stylish and comfortable. However, it was not a smooth operation and not worth over $1,000 a night.
1) Billed as 6 bedroom but that was counting daybeds in the Cottage. Given there is no way to close off this section from TV and kitchen, this was not a usable bedroom.
2) We arrived at check in 3 pm however the Cottage had just been vacated and wasn’t available till after 7 pm. Fortunately we had rented both properties so we had somewhere to prepare dinner. When we got ready to go to the beach the next day, we realized they had not provided a key so we had to leave it unlocked until property management provided a key.
3) Very little household goods were provided – a very small guest bar of soap and some dishwashing liquid. It would have been helpful for a week rental to have bars of soap, bug spray for bathrooms, small laundry detergent, etc. For $50 in supplies, the property manager would have saved guests continual trips to the store.
4) The grill was not cleaned and the propane tanks were near empty.
5) The gutter had holes in it and simulated a waterfall for one bedroom’s unlucky residents.
6) At 11:30 pm Christmas Eve a gentleman appeared drunk on the deck, introducing himself before going to a shed on the property to retrieve Christmas gifts.
7) The property lacked standard house rental items – house binder with area info and password for wireless, guest book, etc. We never managed to get on the wireless network.
8) Local drunks wandered in and got our lawn furniture one night and had a party in our yard at 3 am.
The above are nitpicks but for the price, we expected to feel welcome and like we had someone happy to help us. As the coordinator of this family vacation I picked up the slack and resented it. It was a mistake to rent a property not reviewed and recommended on Trip advisor.