Sleeping up to 16 people, Hyning House is part of a prestigious estate with the acclaimed Visit Britain 5* Gold award, assuring you of a memorable stay in a luxurious environment.
There is easy access to Windermere and Kendal within the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales is easily accessible making this an ideal base to tour the area.
The estate is located within a 10 minute drive of the M6, Junction 38 for Tebay and Kendal and on the edge of the Lake District and the North Yorkshire Dales National Parks and nearby Howgill Fells.
The Estate, which can also be reached from M6 junctions 36 and 37, is approached over a priva...te ½ mile driveway to a most secluded location with a stream bordering the land to the west and the properties benefitting from superb views of the eastern Lakeland fells and beyond.
The grounds appear to extend out into the picturesque park-like neighbouring farmland.
The renovation work to this former 17th Century farmstead has been carried out by local craftsmen to an extremely high standard with an emphasis on achieving a high 5* rating and ‘Green Credentials’.
The properties all benefit from triple glazing and the heating is provided by solar thermal panels and a ground source heat pump supported by heat recovery and ventilation systems which together assure you of a draft free, warm and cosy welcome.
Each property also has an attractive wood burning stove.
All the properties have been furnished and equipped to appeal to the discerning guest who will appreciate the attention to detail, providing for their every need including under floor heating both upstairs and downstairs , internet access, free Wi-Fi, DAB radio/CD with USB memory card and i-Pod dock, large LED TV with Blue Ray DVD player providing Freesat+ HD and foreign TV channels by request.
TVs and Blue Ray players all support 3D TV for guests with their own Samsung Smart-TV 3D glasses.
Locally crafted oak kitchens feature solid granite worktops, induction hob, double oven, fridge, freezer, and built-in dishwasher and washer/dryer.
The inventory also includes a microwave and coffee machine.
Bedrooms all feature solid light oak furniture, a basic internet terminal is provided in one bedroom for guests unable to bring their own laptop or tablet.
Luxurious tiled bathrooms provide high quality showers and baths (both in the larger properties) with a heated towel rail and light oak/granite cabinet supporting a round ceramic bowl.
The adjoining Byre and Courtyard Terrace is fully licensed and provides a warm and welcoming focus and meeting/bar area for guests.
The Byre has its own kitchens and meals can be served by arrangement.
The Byre features huge floor to roof windows that provide panoramic views over the Courtyard to the nearby fells.
The bar area also boasts a large Inglenook fireplace housing a wood burning stove/open fireplace, and is equipped with a projector ideal for business and used for screening films or satellite TV.
In addition a range of oven ready homemade ‘take away’ meals are available to order plus ‘themed’ evenings throughout the year.
Upon arrival guests are provided with details of opening hours/special events which vary depending on the season.
The bar does not stay open late but wines and bears may be purchased to take out.
The seven adjoining properties include The Old Forge and The Granary both being linked by interconnecting doors on the ground floor which can be booked together for parties of up to 12 and Hall Beck Cottage and The Old Farmhouse which can be linked for parties up to 16 people.
Larger groups of up to 47 can be catered for by request by combining multiple properties including The Byre area.
The owners live on site and are available at Reception during published
periods to help make your holiday as enjoyable as possible.
Hyning House is made up of The Old Farmhouse and Hall Beck Cottage, has ground floor inter connecting doors, under floor heating and comprises:
Hall Beck Cottage
This substantial Victorian extension with its sun lounge offers unsurpassed views over the "infinity lawn" to the pastures and the Lakeland Fells, has under floor heating throughout and comprises:
* Open plan lounge/dining area with 52" LED TV, Morso wood burning stove in Inglenook fireplace and pull down bed.
* Large kitchen with Morso wood burning stove, seating area, electric oven and induction hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and microwave.
* A fabulous oak staircase which divides beneath the large stair window leads to the first floor.
* Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with hand basin and WC.
* Double bedroom with king size bed and large roof top patio.
* Bunk bedroom.
* Shower room with walk in shower, hand basin and WC.
The Old Farmhouse
The Old Farmhouse can be traced back to the 1600’s although today it has been tastefully renovated and insulated whilst retaining many of its period features such as its oak beamed ceilings. Downstairs is a very large open living area with flagged floors which in the winter are warm on foot due to the under floor heating. Visitors are always impressed by the luxurious and modern accommodation offered by this old, charming and spacious dwelling which comprises:
* Living room with Morso wood burning stove in Inglenook fireplace, large matching leather sofas, 46” LED TV, CD player/DAB radio with i-Dock. One sofa converts into a double bed for occasional visitors.
* Bespoke oak kitchen and additional central island with granite work surfaces, Belfast ceramic sink in central island, double electric oven and hob, two fridges, freezer, microwave, washer/dryer, dishwasher and microwave. In the dining area there is a large oak dining table and chairs which is ideal for family parties.
* First floor: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with vanity unit, bath, hand shower and WC.
* Twin bedroom with internet terminal.
* Bunk room with hand-made staggered oak bunks and wardrobe with mezzanine feature above.
* Large family bathroom with walk in starburst shower and hand shower, circular ceramic hand basin, heated towel rail and Victorian-style WC.
* All electric, initial supply of logs, bed linen and towels provided.
* Cot and highchair available.
* Complimentary Wi-Fi.
* Ample private parking.
* Shared use of the grounds with garden furniture.
* Please note there is a £500 breakage deposit payable on arrival.
Additional amenities include: sleeps 12/16, october half term availability, open fire or wb stove no, garden or outdoor area, disabled & limited mobility, changeover saturday, early booking discount, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, parking facilities: private parking, no. bedrooms: 6, easter availability, february half term availability, price hh from £969 pw, visit britain 5* gold, pets no, larger cottages to sleep 7+, south lakes, summer school holidays, bathrooms 4: 1, midweek & weekend short break, windermere, star grading: 5*, green tourism - gold, no. bathrooms: 4, bedrooms 6: 1.Read more
HYNING HOUSE, Nr Kendal, Windermere Kendal, Cumbria, England
Additional Location Information
Last updated on July 25, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 33 other Kendal rentals
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.