Ladstock Hall is a stunning Lake District home from home, standing in its own grounds with original features including open fires, leaded windows and oak panelling. A group of friends or 2 or 3 families will appreciate the attention to detail with this luxury property and the close proximity of Keswick with shops, bars, restaurants and attractions ensures there is plenty to do when you tire of soaking up the scenery in the garden.
We are delighted to add Ladstock Hall to our range of luxury properties. This Grade II listed building is a fine example of an Arts and Crafts house with many original features including fireplaces, leaded sto...ne mullioned windows and oak panelling.
The Hall dates back to the 18th century but was extended in its current style in 1902. It is the major part of the development and has a private, elevated position standing in its own extensive grounds. Situated at the foot of Whinlatter Forest, the Hall commands superb views over nearby Bassenthwaite Lake to the Skiddaw range towering above. Situated just off the A66 with easy access to Keswick 3 miles, Cockermouth 7 miles and Penrith 21 miles.
From the moment you approach up the sweeping driveway you will be impressed with this magnificent house and its setting. Heated with oil central heating it comprises:
* The studded oak entrance door leads to an imposing panelled dining hall with a copper canopied open fire and an Art Nouveau stained glass window. There is an antique oak dining table seating 10 to enjoy many family and social occasions.
* A magnificent oak panelled staircase with carved vine foliage leads from the hall to the first floor with a half landing study area and views over the extensive garden from the bay window.
* The spacious sitting room has a large bay window providing superb views, there is an impressive carved oak fireplace with open fire, oak panelling and ample comfortable seating, 50" Smart TV and DVD player.
* The breakfast/ kitchen has a large table and seating in the bay window and an arts and crafts fireplace with recessed inglenook seats. The bespoke oak kitchen units with granite worktops house an electric range cooker, an American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and TV.
* Snug/children's sitting room is connected to the kitchen and has views over the garden with comfortable seating, TV and DVD player.
* Cloakroom with a hand basin and WC.
* Utility room has fitted units with sink, washer/dryer, wine cooler and ample storage for boots and outerwear.
* A second staircase with a feature window with original shutters leads to the first floor:
* Two double bedrooms with king size beds and en-suite shower rooms with hand basin and WC, both rooms have large bay windows with fantastic views towards Bassenthwaite Lake and Skiddaw.
* Twin bedroom has zip linked beds, which can be booked as a double upon request and also has wonderful views.
* Fully tiled luxurious Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
* Second floor: Double bedroom with king size bed, exposed beams and panoramic views to Skiddaw and Borrowdale from the leaded windows.
* Twin bedroom with beamed ceiling and velux rooflight suitable for children only.
* Large luxurious shower room with vanity unit hand basin and WC.
* All oil, electric, logs and bed linen included.
* Wi-Fi provided free of charge.
* Two cots and highchairs available to hire.
* Ample private parking.
* Outside extensive garden with large lawned areas, children's play house with a selection of outdoor toys, paved terrace with garden dining furniture, log store and lockable shed for storing mountain bikes etc.
* £200 refundable breakage deposit payable.
Additional amenities include: october half term availability, keswick and district, 5* cottages, no. bathrooms: 4, garden or outdoor area, seasonal promotionals, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, no. bedrooms: 5, parking facilities: private parking, easter availability, february half term availability, valentine availability, open fire yes, pets no, larger cottages to sleep 7+, keswick convention availability, weekly special offers page (also needs a special offer), summer school holidays, this months bargains, school holiday discounts, bathrooms 4: 1, star grading: 5*, open fire/stove: open fire, bedrooms 5: 1, price w from £1290 pw, changeover friday, lakes cottage holiday 5*, sleeps 10.Read more
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
Left on 03/17/2014 for a stay in March 2014 | speakyd
Er stayed at Ladstock Hall the week after my daughter got married, along with the new extended family, and it was brilliant. the house was amazing,with beautiful furnishings and fittings, and the views are just wonderful. So much space, even with ten people, and plenty of bathrooms, absolutely essential. The service from Cottage Holiday group was exceptional, as I received a message regarding some lights not working, and one when they were fixed. We hope to stay there again. Location was also great for walking and biking without using the car. Read more
Thank you for your review of your stay at Ladstock Hall, Thornthwaite.
We are delighted you enjoyed the furnishings, the space provided at the property and the location.
We are pleased you enjoyed the service from Lakes Cottage Holidays and we hope to welcome you back to Ladstock Hall in the future.
Lakes Cottage Holidays
Left on 01/16/2014 for a stay in December 2013 | Sarah Hughes
Beautiful house, quirky and full of character but also really well equipped. Excellent kitchen with two ovens, baking equipment and great cookware. Large living areas with big comfy sofas. Good Wifi, didnt slow down even with 9 people attacking it at once. No signal in some bedrooms but strong downstairs and in rooms directly above the living room. Bedrooms comfortable and warm. Plenty of hot water and powerful showers. For atmosphere there are open fires in living room, dining room and kitchen.
Worst bit was the rain - but it gave us an excuse to settle down and play games.
Thank you for your review of your stay at Ladstock Hall.
We are delighted you found the accommodation offered at Ladstock Hall was beautiful, well-equipped and full of character.
Lakes Cottage Holidays hopes to welcome you back to Ladstock Hall or another Lakes Cottage Holidays property in the future.
Lakes Cottage Holidays
prefer not to!
A memorable 65th birthday celebration!
Left on 12/20/2013 for a stay in November 2013 | prefer not to!
It is not that easy to find accommodation for 10 when you're limited to the Keswick area but once we stumbled across this place we realised that miracles do happen! It's not that easy to find if you arrive in the dark but once there you are simply bowled over by the beauty and quality of the place. The kitchen is just superb, great for breakfast for 10 and a coffee and chat; the dining rooms provides ample accommodation for a wonderful family meal and a fine sound system; the lounge and the wood burning fire are ideal with Christmas décor the icing on the cake. The bedrooms are spacious and provide amazing views across the valley; the second floor is perfect for a family of 4 to be housed and separated as necessary. There are good walks from the back of the house into the Windlatter Forest which is beautiful. The cleaners were friendly and helpful too. There is only one negative and that's the towels - say no more! Read more
Thank you for your wonderful review of Ladstock Hall.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were bowled over by the beauty and quality of the property.
Ladstock Hall is not advertised as providing towels, but if required, they can be hired from our local Keswick office.
We hope that we can welcome you back to Ladstock Hall or another one of Lakes Cottage Holidays properties.
Lakes Cottage Holidays
Tel 017687 74060
Left on 08/22/2013 for a stay in August 2013 | Corr family
We had 3 generations in our group holidaying at Ladstock Hall & it met all our needs. The house is furnished to a very high standard & has everything you could want. The garden is lovely & peaceful so you can relax & unwind after a day out walking & exploring. Keswick is close by & has everything you could need with some great shops. A fantastic place we would definitely recommend & would love to stay again. Read more
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Lakes Cottage Holidays
Tony Dixon, Secretary, Rambler Group
Delightful location, spacious rooms , but,
Left on 06/20/2013 for a stay in May 2013 | Tony Dixon, Secretary, Rambler Group
As a group of ramblers (mostly retired but active) this property was ideally located. The booking arrangements were easy and straight forward with no hassle or problems, finding the property was easy and access and parking for the four cars in our party presented no difficulties. The reception rooms were delightful and kitchen facilities excellent for a large party. One of our members did suggest that not all pans / bowls need to cater for ten people and that a number of smaller recepticals might be helpful. We did have one major issue. The twin bedded room at the top (which now features in the photographs but as we booked whilst the house was being renovated did not at the time of our booking) does not accommodate two adults with any ease, the head room from one bed to a large sharp beam is insufficient. This room ought to be described as either for children or it should have a small double rather than single beds. With that one exception the property was brilliant, and best suites either families or groups of nine. Signed Tony Dixon, Secretary. Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.