- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
Description from the owner
28 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY REQUIREMENT - THE TREETOP APT AT THE SAILMAKER'S HOUSE
Beautifully Renovated Second Floor Apartment for Two - Incredible Location in Historic Old Town
Gorgeous one bedroom apartment on the second floor of the historic Sailmaker's House.
This 28 night minimum vacation rental is located only 1.5 blocks from the Historic Seaport and 4.5 blocks from Duval Street.
One bedroom one bath floor plan maximizes the space in this airy tree top apartment.
Comfortable Queen size bed will inspire sweet dream.
Beautiful new furnishings throughoutincluding the big comfy blue sofa and chair. The 50" fl...Read more
Key West Rental TREETOP APARTMENT Strict 28 night
Key West, Florida
Additional Location Information
ABOUT THE HISTORIC OLD TOWN KEY WEST NEIGHBORHOOD
The heart, and some would say the soul, of Key West is Old Town. Originally the city’s center, Old Town is today the central location for Key West’s historic district and tourist destinations.
Old Town’s Duval Street, which stretches from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean, is the main artery in Key West. Intersected by Truman Avenue, Duval Street provides the backbone from which Key West’s historic homes, seaport and cultural centers extend.
Old Town, particularly those areas North of Truman, is the neighborhood most people think of when they think “Key West.” Its homes are modest bungalows and magnificent mansions that live side-by-side along Fleming, Eaton, Margaret and Southard.
Old Town is generally the area west of White Street. Locals divide Old Town into two parts: South of Truman and North of Truman. Bahama Village, the neighborhood settled by Bahamian immigrants, is officially part of Old Town and it has maintained its character and distinctive Bahamian culture.
Old Town reflects the island’s long history as a seaport and cigar manufacturing town. Wealthy landowners built the magnificent Victorian and Gothic mansions surrounded by the small cottages that have become quintessential Key West. Since the 1970s, renovation and restoration of these homes has been a major part of Key West culture.
Beautifully updated inside and historically significant outside, these homes reflect the partnerships among homeowners, architects, builders and landscape professionals.
Strict construction and architectural guidelines and restoration and renovation consistent with Key West’s history have ensured Key West’s Old Town maintains its exceptional sense of place.
• Best features: Close to restaurants, entertainment and the seaport. Beautiful historic architecture. People watching. Quiet lanes. Duval Street. Tropic Cinema, art galleries, Hemingway Home and the Historic Seaport. Solares Hill, the highest point above sea level in Key West, and Bahama Village. Convenient and energetic mix of retail, services, entertainment, the library, the cemetery and laid-back residential streets.
• Getting around: Great for walking. Stick to scooters and small cars. Parking is usually at a premium.
• Street boundaries: Old Town North-of-Truman: White Street to Whitehead Street and south to Truman. Includes the Key West Cemetery and Bahama Village. Old Town South-of-Truman: Eisenhower on the east to Fort Street on the west. Truman to United on the south with several blocks extending to the Atlantic Ocean next to the Casa Marina area.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, City vacations, Warm winter getaways
Water sports nearby, Golf course within 30 minute drive, Fishing nearby
Nearest beach: Simonton Street Beach, 0.5 miles
Nearest shops, 0.1 miles
Nearest ferry port: Key West Express Ferry, 0.2 miles
Nearest airport: Key West International Airport, 3.4 miles
Car is not necessary
Last updated on August 29, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 575 other Key West rentalsCheck Availability for Key West
Rates shown in $ USD
|See all dates
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Reservation Fee | $100 per stay
- Cleaning fee | $275 per stay
- Tax rate | 12.5% of rent
- Damage Insurance Fee | $45 per stay
Additional notes from the manager
THIS PROPERTY IS LICENSED FOR STAYS OF 28 NIGHTS OR MORE. IT CANNOT BE RENTED FOR SHORTER STAYS
90 DAYS OR LESS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL THERE WILL BE NO REFUND, ENTIRE AMOUNT COLLECTED IS FORFEITED.
91 DAYS OR MORE OUTSIDE OF CANCEL DATE: FULL REFUND, LESS $545 CANCELLATION FEE, REGARDLESS OF RESERVATION DATE. WRITTEN NOTICE MUST BE RECEIVED OF CANCELLATION. INSURANCE FEES ARE NOT REFUNDED.
HOLIDAYS, SPECIAL EVENTS, FANTASY FEST AND NEW YEAR'S EVE HAVE A 20% RATE INCREASE AND IS NOT REFLECTED IN RATES
RATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL RESERVATION IS CONFIRMED
50% DEPOSIT AND SIGNED CONTRACT DUE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF RECEIPT
BALANCE DUE 90 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL DATE
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT OF 25 YEARS OF AGE
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Alarm Clock
- Towels Provided
- Ceiling Fans
- Washing Machine
- Local Guides/Maps
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- A/C or climate control
- Long term rentals allowed (over 1 month)
- Hair dryer
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Stove or Oven
- Paper Towels Provided
- Satellite or cable TV
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - no
- Suitable for the elderly - no
- Wheelchair accessible - no