A lovingly refurbished barn conversion with a wealth of original features. With 7 spacious bedrooms set over three floors, the property boasts a childrens play room and outdoor play area.
Knott View Barn has a superb view over the adjoining field to Farleton Fell and is in an area of open, undulating countryside with walking and cycling opportunities from the door. An ideal base to explore not only the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales but with easy access to the M6 motorway (2 miles). The Scottish Borders and Hadrian’s Wall are within an hours drive. Farleton is a rural hamlet 6 miles west of the market town of Kirkby Lonsdale within... a half hour drive of Windermere and the Dales.
This three storey barn conversion has been lovingly refurbished, retaining a wealth of features to provide spacious accommodation that can be enjoyed by large family groups at any time of the year. The accommodation is laid out over three floors, is furnished in antique pine with an abundance of old oak beams and exposed stonework to provide accommodation with character. The barn is well equipped to provide for your every need and includes a welcome pack from the owners who live in the former farmhouse next door. The property is extremely child friendly with a games room and children’s snug room together with an outdoor play area within a safe, enclosed garden.
Knott View Barn is centrally heated and comprises:
* Games room equipped with a full size pool table, children’s football table, activity table for the younger children and a large “Connect 4”.
* Utility/drying room equipped with washing machine and tumble dryer and ample drying space for the occasional rainy day!!
* Double bedroom with King size bed and en-suite bathroom with walk in shower and body jets, hand basin and WC.
* Twin bedroom.
* Bathroom with bath, hand basin and WC.
* First floor: Lounge with flat screen TV, Freeview and DVD player, piano, welcoming wood burning stove and view to Farleton Fell.
* Snug, an ideal children’s room
* Lounge with flat screen TV, DVD player, Freeview, Play Station 2 and selection of games.
* A spacious dining/kitchen with an abundance of beams and exposed stone work,
* Two separate dining areas, one with views to the fells.
* The kitchen is well equipped with large “American style” fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and electric range cooker with double oven.
* Cloakroom with WC and hand basin.
* Second floor: Double bedroom with King size bed and en-suite bathroom with free standing roll top bath, hand basin and WC.
* Double bedroom
* Two single bedrooms sharing the spacious shower room with under floor heating, walk in shower with body jets, hand basin and WC.
* Single bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
* All oil, electric, bed linen and towels included.
* Highchair, stair gate and baby bath provided.
* The property has superb views from the enclosed garden with a quality wooden play area including swings, slide, climbing net and sand pit, all laid on safety cushioned chipped bark.
* Adjacent to the property is a patio with garden furniture and barbeque, further lawned area and substantial private parking.
Additional amenities include: wood burning stove yes, october half term availability, 5* cottages, yorkshire, no. bathrooms: 4, garden or outdoor area, open fire/stove: wood burning stove, bedrooms 7: 1, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, parking facilities: private parking, no. bedrooms: 7, easter availability, february half term availability, visit britain 5*, valentine availability, pets no, larger cottages to sleep 7+, price s from £790 pw, summer school holidays, bathrooms 4: 1, midweek & weekend short break, south lakes, star grading: 5*, sleeps 11, changeover friday.Read more
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
Left on 04/21/2013 for a stay in March 2013 | Ten Thompsons on Tour
A very well equipped property which comfortably catered for our party of 10 with ages ranging from 4-71 years. The owners who live next door were very friendly. There are lovely views and very pleasant walks in the vicinity with Kendal and the southern Lakes a short drive away. The children's play area was very well used - fortunately because we had good weather we didn't need to make full use of the games room but this would have been a great asset if the weather had been unkind.
We had a very enjoyable week and would definitely recommend this property.
Excellent Christmas Family Break
Left on 01/20/2012 for a stay in December 2011 | J.Walmsley
The house was ideal for the family which included young children with their parents, and grandparents. Lots of room for the children to crawl and run around, and a comfortable lounge for the older ones to relax in. The games rooms were well equiped and the children enjoyed the outdoor swings and slide, although the weather did curtail outdoor play a bit (but it was December after all). Some enjoyed a ramble up Farleton Fell behind the house, and the amazing views over the bay to the Lakes, and some went down the canal to the local cafe and pub. Kirkby Lonsdale is a good spot for a bit of shopping and a coffee break, and only about 15 minutes away in the car.
The house is a quiet location despite being a short hop to the motorway.
Our hosts were always helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
A great holiday, and we would like to go back another year.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.