|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
|Living space||3032 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyYes
Description from the manager
This homes is a 6 bed 3.5 bath detached villa on Calabria which is located just off Highway 192 in Kissimmee literally 2 miles and less than 5 minutes to the entrance to Walt Disney World.
As you can see from the photographs the home has been furnished to a high quality with plasma TV throughout the home and the extended deck area with 30 ft pool and spa allows enough room for up to 12 guests.
There is Wi-Fi internet connection, Cable TV package and all local and US calls are free.
The location of Calabria resort really is second to none as you can be at Disney in less than 5 minutes via the new slip road which opened early...Read more
6 Bed South Face, Games Room 5 Min Disney(9124-CAL
Additional Location Information
The location of Calabria resort really is second to none as you can be at Disney in less than 5 minutes via the new slip road which opened early in 2011.
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$0||$800 - $1,120||$0||3 nights|
|Dec. 16 2012 - Jan. 6 2013
|Jan. 7 2013 - Feb. 17 2013
|Feb. 18 2013 - Feb. 27 2013
|Feb. 28 2013 - Mar. 16 2013
|Mar. 17 2013 - Apr. 17 2013
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
|Apr. 18 2013 - Jun. 15 2013
|Jun. 16 2013 - Sep. 1 2013
|Sep. 2 2013 - Oct. 16 2013
|Oct. 17 2013 - Nov. 1 2013
|Nov. 2 2013 - Dec. 16 2013
|Dec. 17 2013 - Jan. 6 2014
|Jan. 7 2014 - Jan. 31 2014
|Feb. 1 2014 - Feb. 14 2014
|Feb. 15 2014 - Mar. 23 2014
|Mar. 24 2014 - Apr. 23 2014
|Apr. 24 2014 - Jun. 15 2014
|Jun. 16 2014 - Sep. 1 2014
|Sep. 2 2014 - Oct. 16 2014
|Oct. 17 2014 - Nov. 1 2014
|Nov. 2 2014 - Dec. 16 2014
|View all 20 Rate Periods|
Additional notes from owner
Special Rates for Snow Birds are available
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: April 18, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Great Family Experience
There were six of us staying in this home, plenty of room, the three separate sitting areas were great, the beds were very comfortable and the neighbourhood was quiet. The pool was wonderful, a little cool when we first arrived but the owner quickly fixed that. Close to shopping and restaurants, we really liked the location and we would definently go back.
Orlando Holiday Rental was great in the service they provided with an easy process for booking and checking in. Upon arrival, we saw that there was no foosball in the table upstairs. They promptly came by and left us two (and our boys were thrilled)! The house itself was great. Plenty of room for our large family of 7. The decor in the house was in great taste. It was elegant: great colors for the rooms and the furniture was classy and comfortable. Though there was no specific kids' decor, the whole family loved the house. It is only 6 miles from Disney, which make the trips back and forth a piece of cake. The only place for improvement would be the kitchen. The dishes are great, but the dishwasher could use updating. The pans were scratched up a bit where it's obvious someone used metal on them and though the house sleeps a lot of people, it's hard to cook for that many with the cookware provided. Aside from that, everything else is fantastic. The pool and hot tub were used almost every day and it never failed to entertain. We were even able to watch movies on Netflix through their TV in the living room. The place was classy enough for us to feel pampered, yet comfortable enough for us to feel at home. Thank you!
Abergavenny (south Wales)
Absolutely fantastic spacious villa
On arrival we were given the information pack. Lots of informative and relevant information. The villa was very clean. Lots of space for all party members including x box and games room for children. Swimming pool and jacuzzi were fantastic and also there was a door alarm on the patio doors to let adults know that the door had been opened. This is a brilliant safety feature to protect the children from accessing the pool area unattended. All rooms had large televisions and very comfortable beds. All bathrooms were very spacious and well equipped. The kitchen and living areas were very spacious and also well equipped. Garden areas were well maintained. Location was absolutely fantastic for all theme parks, shopping, eating out etc. The villa definatley had the wow factor and helped us have a fantastic Florida holiday. Will definatley go back.
Oxon Hill, MD
Home away From Home
This was my 1st time planning a trip for a large group and overall I must say I had an ammmaaazzziinnnggg experience. The house was lovely. From location, to decor, to up-to-date appliances and electronics. It was just perfect. The kitchen was beautiful, it had a great layout that allowed for cooking large, family-style meals. The living room was bright and colorful. Very warm and welcoming and def where most time was spent. The bedrooms were large and accomodating. Beds were very comfy and bathrooms were very clean. W/D was a plus! All I needed to but the entire trip was food and laundry detergent, as this home had everything else!
Only cons to this home were:
1. Pool Heat is really not pool heat!!! Beware, like another reviewer stated, pool heat is $20/day and only available in 12hr time slots, 8a-8p, which was not stated up front. This was disappointing because I expected pool heat all day for each of the days I paid for it. Also the hot tub was actually a cool tub. The pool was warmer than the hot tub. We called about this issue on the 2nd day and were basically given the run around. No real solution was ever found and all our many, many calls to maintenance and the call center were in vain. Then when I spoke with the owners, they gave me some bs about temperatures, and offered a refund, which I've yet to see. Whatever the case may be, pool heat is Definately an additional fee you can do without!!
2. Home had a garage.+++ But you had to lift it manually.--- totally unsafe
3. Garbage disposal in kitchen didn't work, luckily we didn't need it
4. Spoke with owners Paul & Jill Melvin about late check out and they said it would be fine as long as noone was checking in the day we left. Yeah, it all sounded good until 10:30 the morning we were set to leave, a strange gentleman came to the door and said "I'm here to make sure you are out by 11am".He wasn't even open to hear of the previous arrangements for late check out.
Otherwise, home is perfect. Would stay again!
Response from Orlando Holiday Rental Homes - 02/08/2013
I feel some comments here are unfair and I have forwarded my points to the guest
1 pool heat comments is unfair as member of staff went to the home on Friday which was day after guest arrived and heater is working fine. We have now produced a document to be provided to all guests explaining exactly what to expect from electric heat pumps.. It does take some time to heat spa in cool periods (give it 20 – 30 mins if you want it at optimum temperature) and a sign has now been installed next to pool explaining this. We agreed to refund for the pool heat as guests were difficult to get hold of over the weekend of their stay. This gesture was emailed to guest Friday 25th Jan and guest replied same day thanking us for this. To then write a review on Sun 27th stating she is yet to receive this refund which insinuates she would not be receiving it is a bit of a smack in the face in all honesty as it will always take a few days for this to arrive – especially over a weekend.
To say they were given run around is also unfair reflection on member of staff. After visiting home on the Friday to confirm heater was on we then received a call from out of hours call centre asking us to contact guests again on Saturday. We rang home a number of times and also left message on renter’s cell phone explaining hours of operation of pool heater. The guest then rang out of hours call centre again to pass message that whoever was calling him back should just keep calling until he answered. I am sorry but this is not feasible to have one of the team sitting by a phone all day Saturday constantly calling until guest answers phone when message has already been left on answerphone.
We gave an early check in free of charge but no late checkout was agreed and I have email to prove this. Guest asked for late checkout between 10AM and 11AM and I replied that no late checkout was necessary as they didn’t need to be out of the home until 11am anyway – see extract from email below
Good Morning Paul
I was thinking we should arrive in Fla around 1pm..and possibly check out around 10-11a, if possible..thanks for the swift response!!
If you arrive early and the home is empty just go in.
There would only be a problem if we had a departure that day and the cleaner were still in the home
Checkout is 11am any way so no problem there
Great location but hard beds
We stayed 8 days at the Calabria rental property in Kissimmee in early December. We were 5 adults and 3 kids. Here are what we liked and disliked about the rental.
1. The location of the house was very good. Lots of restaurants, supermarkets, gift shops, gas stations were very close. Plus it was around 15 – 25 minutes away from all the Disney parks (closest – Animal Kingdom; farthest – Magic Kingdom).
2. The décor of the house was great. Very nicely done with great details throughout. Everything looked new and updated. The game room looked nice though we never used it. One thing that did not make sense is the lack of function in the curtains in the bedrooms. While they look nice for décor it offered no protection from the light outside.
3. Plenty of room for a large family or a group getting together. The combination of bed sizes was nice. We looked at a lot of places but found the room combinations in the house the best.
4. The security system was an added bonus. Made us feel secure when we slept during the night or went out. As another guest mentioned, the security went off even when you went outside in the pool area. We had three kids and thought this was an added bonus.
5. There was a good pack and play that we used for our baby.
6. Quite house with no backyard neighbors. This is a new area that is still under construction so it is very quite during the evening.
1. All the beds in the house were horribly hard. It couldn’t even be considered extra firm, it was several degrees harder than that. It felt like sleeping on a slab of rock. It was so uncomfortable for one person in our party that she ended up sleeping on the sofa the entire time we were there.
2. The pool was very lukewarm. We had to pay $20 for each day of the stay and felt that we did not get the value for what we paid for. The first few days of our stay, we were out and about in the day and wanted to jump into the pool in the evenings. However the temperature of the pool was very lukewarm. The hot tub was actually a little cooler than the pool. Upon calling a number in the instructions booklet left by the owners, our call was not returned. We sent an email the next day asking for what action is being taken on the pool. The owner wrote back saying that the pool’s sensor says that it was 85 F in the pool. This was really nonsense since we can tell that it was not 85F by just dipping our toes in the pool. And even if it were true, how could 85F be acceptable for the hot tub? We were also told that during the last days of our stay, the temperature outside was around 65F and so the pool will not heat to 85F. Nowhere during our initial conversation and booking was this mentioned, nor was it in the instructions book in the house, which the owner says contains all the information. We asked for our heating charges to be refunded, but after several back and forth emails, we were refunded 2 days of heating charges out of the 8 days, the reasoning being that we only complained about it on the 6th day and so everything should’ve been great for the first five days. If you stay in this house, do not get the pool heated unless you plan on using it only during the day during warm weather. It is a waste of money and the owners are not upfront or responsive enough about any issues you might encounter.
3. We had to move the garbage cans from the garage outside on Monday and Thursday for trash pick-up or they would charge you $50. But conveniently, there is no garage opener. So you have to raise the garage door the old fashioned way. It seemed a bit unsafe to put the garage door up and down manually.
4. The first day we arrived, the house was really hot (around 80F) and some of the air flow vents in the second floor bed rooms were closed. So we had to try to open them up and run the aC all night before the house cooled down. There are no fans in the second floor bed rooms and the house is big and so it takes a lot of time to cool down. We also second the opinion written by another guest on the owner’s instructing us to keep the temperature at a ‘comfortable 78F’. 78F is not comfortable in the muggy Florida weather. Maybe the owners should try staying at the house and keep the temperature at 78F and see if it is comfortable. While you were able to lower the temperature to 72, we noticed that the temperature would revert to 78 automatically.
5. The dishes in the kitchen were dirty. Granted that the management said that they didn’t clean it but the guests are supposed to clean the same, but it is not acceptable level of service to tell guests that you have to rely on the cleanliness of guests before you on plates that you use to eat. The dishwasher was really crappy and didn’t clean the dishes properly the few times we ran it. So we had to hand wash several of the dishes.
6. The high chair in the house had screws coming out from the base. So it was with a bit of consternation that we put the baby in it. Might’ve helped if there were a handy screw driver in the house.
7. The child safety gate for the stairs was the very basic wooden model and very ineffective. Our 17 month old was able to easily move it. Since all but the master bedroom was upstairs, it would’ve been smart to have a pressure mounted walk thru gate or wall mounted baby gate on the top of the stairs. The gate just was not safe at all. We had to keep an eagle eye on the baby the entire trip which did not let us enjoy the upstairs as much as we would like.
This was our first stay in an independent vacation rental house and based on the experiences above, we will not be staying at this house again nor would recommend it to someone else.
Response from Orlando Holiday Rental Homes - 02/08/2013
We can certainly tell that these guests have never stayed in a short term rental home before as some of these comments are completely unfair and smack of being spiteful because pool heat wasn’t refunded despite them asking for it to be refunded after it had been on for 5 days. Not one other person has made complaints about highchair, baby gate, garage door, hard beds, dirty dishes, or being expected to put their own trash out. We accept that things do go wrong in the home and do our utmost to deal with problems in the correct fashion which is why we have just received Top Rental Manager award from Flipkey in Orlando for 2012 and an Excellence award from Trip Advisor.
My replies to each point are below
I am not sure what I can do about the hard beds comment – these mattresses are part of a $40,000 furniture package and are less than 2 years old. Over 30 families have stayed in the home and not one complained in any way about them.
Regarding the pool temperature. This home is fitted with an electric heat pump which comes on for 12 hrs per day with the pool pump – this is pretty standard practice in short term rental homes in Orlando. For this 12 hrs usage we charge $20 per day to cover the increased power cost. The renters had use of this for 5 days before asking for a refund which I feel is not acceptable and why I only refunded for 2 of the days. We have now had a leaflet produced which goes out to all renters who request pool heat in the cooler months which explains in more detail how the pump works and what to expect from it. We currently take care of 30 homes in the area and I must admit a number of guests right across all of our homes have queried pool temperatures this winter. I am not sure if the nights are particularly cooler than normal or we have had a run of people who have higher than realistic expectations of what an electric heat pump will do. We have also had the spa tested by an engineer and its working fine. We have put signs up explain to renters that if the want the spa at optimum temperature then they need to switch it on for 20 – 30 mins before it reaches this temperature in the cooler periods or at night time. Again you cannot have the pool heat switched on for 5 days and ask for a refund after the event.
Of course you need to put trash out if you are renting a short term rental home – this is not a hotel and bins need to be put out as they would in your own home. We can’t have rotting rubbish left in the garage or inside the home in a tropical climate as its unhygienic. We don’t fine guests for not putting garbage out once or twice but we will fine if after a stay there is a ridiculous amount of garbage left in the home due to guests being too lazy to put a bin out. We currently manage 4 homes in Calabria and each one has the same mechanism in that you have to manually lift the garage door to open it so I am not sure what the problem is in having to do this.
The AC system has been on the same setting for nearly 2 years and again this has never been a problem. If guests set at requested temp it would stay at this temp for 4 hrs and then creep back to 78. This worked well in circumstances where guests have it cooler as they go to bed but it would not stay so cool all night and wake guests up in the middle of the night freezing cold. We have taken this comment on board and have now set system to stay at temp guest selects.
Roger and Martha Jo Fletcher and Family
Great time at Disney
We had our family with grandchilden set up for a Disney World trip in December. The house was convenient to Disney and overall a great house for our group. When we were back from Disney and before leaving for the park we used the pool and games to keep the grand children busy, there is a TV in every room and eveything was neat and clean. I would recomend this home to anyone needing a place to stay near Disney.
A Magical Retreat
I would recommend the villa to anyone old or young as there is so much or so little to do.
The kids disappeared for hours to the upstairs games room, surfing the internet, playing x box and foosball. Whilst we relaxed in the sun with a cold beer in the spa.
In te meantime my father sat in the cool reading room enjoying his latest book enjoying the a break from the sun.
Cracking facilities and really close to the shops and Disney - the photos and video did not do it justice.
Jill and Paul made our stay brilliant.
cape may nj
very clean but gruesomely hot
well let me start out by saying house is beautiful def enough room for 10 people very clean provided a plentiful amount of towels and linens and there was a washer/dryer.i personally stayed in master suite on first floor. location was great literally 10 minutes to all disney parks, there is so many restaurants within seconds of house,and a publix every 5 minutes , they sell alcohol everywhere , now my reasons for not staying again are kitchen is not equipped to handle 12 people cooking as it states in can handle there is not enough cookware to handle that big of a group so if u plan on eatting in alot bring ur own cookware, the alarm on house is great nobody will get in but the downfall downstairs windows cannot be opened the is an alarm on every window that goes off everytime u try the back screen door cant be left open either . the pool and hot tub heat has to be paid for and u cant pick days so ur paying if ur at the parks all day and not able to use it it is a daily charge and the heat only runs 7am-7pm (book says 8-8 ) but it wasnt so by 9 at night pool and hot tub freezing so no relaxing after kids are asleep in hot tub and the air conditioning in house is ridiculous they state its set at a comfortable 78 degrees im from nj that is not comfortable it can be lowered to 75 before they start to charge u for it but it doesnt matter the whole house is controlled by owners from thier computer in another country . so we would set it at 75 before bed and by morning it would be turned back up. it was uncomfortabley hot in there sleepless nights. they were the downfalls i think it was 25$ a day for the heat in pool grill is 50$ extra there is not one there. they were very flexaible on allowing us to arrive earlier then checkin time. jill and paul were great with emailing and getting the info right back to u . i hope this helps the next family it just sucked to be that uncomfortable everynight we had 10 people in house 5 adults and 5 children .
Response from Orlando Holiday Rental Homes - 12/13/2012
In response to this mixed review
We do take some notes on board regarding the cookware. The home was stocked for 12 but it does seem that a few breakages along the way means we do need to replace a few items.
Some of the other comments are extremely unfair though
1. The alarms on all windows and doors which lead to the pool are required by Florida law to stop children wandering into the pool area. The alternative is a pool fence which most renters find intrusive.
2. Off course you have to pay for pool heat - This is the same with all homes in Orlando and it would be impossible to have this switched on and off each day as per a renters instructions. Also pool heat comes on each day when the pool pump kicks in. The manual in the home may state this comes on 8am – 8p.m and the timer is actually set for 7am – 7 p.m. We do this in the cooler months so that the pool is warmer in the day which is when most renters would like to use it. If the renters had contacted us and asked us to change the time of the pump we could have done this quite easily.
3. The air con is set to 78 degrees which is the recommended temperature for this time of year. There is no charge for air con as the renter states, there is simply a sign telling people should they set it below 75 then it can lead to the unit freezing up and breaking down which they would be charged for. This is pretty standard practice in all short term rental homes. Also if you alter the air con then it will stay at the altered temperature for 4 - 6 hours before gradually moving back to 78 degrees. If renters leave doors and windows open though then the unit will automatically revert to 78 degrees as this is a complete waste of power. Leaving doors and windows open with the AC on means you are effectively paying to cool the air outside the home. I MUST STATE WE HAVE HAD THE HOME FOR 18 MONTHS AND NOT ONE PREVIOUS GUEST HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE AC
4. We offer BBQ hire for $55 per week. This includes delivery, cleaning and gas which I don’t think is excessive
Paul Melvin - Owner of Orlando Holiday Rental Homes
PAULINE AND ROBERT
What a wonderful holiday
Would like to thank Jill and Paul for all their help and providing us with all the information needed for our visit. Pleasure to deal with them both. Would definitely recommend them if you are considering renting a villa in Orlando.
I am a very fussy person and the home was beautiful, exactly as the photographs and so comfortable. The pool area was lovely and being south facing had the sun all day long. Everything was provided in the home that you could wish for. (my husband even had premier league football - what more can a man ask for)
We did not use the cooker as part of our holiday is eating out and there are excellent restaurants on the 192 which are literally minutes away. Can recommend Houlihan's (we had breakfast there every morning, and also our evening meals on a few occassions),also Longhorne Steakhouse, Outback's, Bahama Breeze, TGI Fridays and applebee's to name a few.
The location of the villa is perfect, just off the 192 and within minutes you are entering Disneyworld especially if you use the new Toll Road (429) and such an easy drive. We even used this road in the opposite direction when we went to Universal as it was so quiet to get to the I4.
This was our 19th visit to Orlando and probably the best, the location could not be better, the villa was lovely, Shopping, Restaurants, Disney all on the doorstep we could not have asked for anything more.
Thank you once again.
Pauline and Robert
The wow factor
Stayed at this property for a week in may 2012.
We were a party of seven and there was plenty of room for us not to be under anyone's feet. Our 6 year old loved the games area on the landing with the swivel chairs . The pool and spa were great in which to cool off during the hot weather. The owner was very accommodating allowing us to stay on a few extra hours after the 11 am departure time as we had a late flight home. The home is in a new development just off the far east end of the 192. The nearby area has a Publix supermarket within a mile and other dining outlets springing up. We would almost certainly stay here in this home again.
Beautiful House, Great Vacation!
We stayed in this home for 9 days in May. The home is just as it is pictured and is very comfortable and quiet. The location is nice, about 15 minutes to the Disney Parks (including traffic). The patio and pool area is nice and relaxing. We had a wonderful time and would recommend to anyone!