Luxury Pool Villa in Koh Samui - Thailand
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
|Living space||1600 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyYes
|Theme||Golf, Luxury, Romantic, Away from it all, Beach, Tropical|
Description from the owner
Superb luxury pool villa designed to ensure privacy and provide excellent living space. My villa on Koh Samui has 2 bedrooms each with en-suite and with an outdoor bathtub. The property is furnished to an exceptional high standard. Excellent location and close to the beach.
The villa has three separate buildings consisting of an open plan lounge, dining room and kitchen in one, two Thai contemporary style bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and an outdoor sala. The lounge features a large flatscreen TV, entertainment system with iPod connection and free WiFi. All buildings are surrounded by a lush garden with coconut- and banana palm trees...Read more
Luxury Pool Villa in Koh Samui - Thailand
Koh Samui, Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Additional Location Information
The villa is located in the North-Eastern corner of Koh Samui, between the Big Buddha and Bophut Fisherman's Village with a 3 minute walk to the beach. This means that you are within a short distance of all the essentials on the island: The best beaches, restaurants, grocery shopping and the airport (no airplane noise!).
Location Type Away from it all, Beach, Tropical
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$245 - $410||$245 - $410||$1,715 - $2,870||$0||3 nights|
|Jan. 11 2013 - Apr. 30 2013
|May. 1 2013 - Jun. 30 2013
|Jul. 1 2013 - Aug. 31 2013
|Sep. 1 2013 - Dec. 15 2013
|Dec. 16 2013 - Jan. 10 2014
|All Other Dates||$279||$279||$1,953||-||3 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
Additional notes from owner
The rental fee includes 7% VAT and 10% Service Charge.
Free airport transfer is included in the rental.
A 10,000 THB security deposit must be paid in cash to the Management Company upon arrival, this will be returned to the guest at check-out.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: April 17, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
the villa of my dreams
We stayed there in august 2011 with my baby and 2 couples of adult. The villa is gorgeous and very pleaant to live.
Very cosy and confortable rooms and semi-open bathrooms.
On the other side there is the living room and kitchen. Very nice and elegant. The swimming pool was regularly cleaned, and we could chill out inside it or on the terrace outside all the time.
The area requires a car but is in a very quiet property. Anything you need you phone the house keeper and they will provide.
The access to the beach is not really good but we chose to go around the island on other beaches, which was good as we had our car anyways.
There is no noise of airplanes. A car or a scooter is required.
We would love to have the same villa at home... is the villa of my dreams...
Response from Anders H. Kjaer - 04/23/2012
Thanks for the very nice review, it's always a pleasure to hear when guests have enjoyed staying at the villa.
We have since your stay changed management company to give even more of a full service experience for the guests which is definitely working. The beach does change a lot at this location in Samui, it can be a beautiful sandy beach like on my photos one day and 2 months later there may be quite a few stones in the water, only for it to change back a few months later, it's unfortunately impossible to predict. The good news though, is that there are plenty of other excellent beaches just around the corner.
Very nice villa
Had a very nice week staying in this beautiful villa. Excellent location in Samui close to the aiport and Fisherman's Village. It's located in a resort called Plumeria Place, which means there is 24 hour security; there was always guards patrolling the area when we came home from dinner at night which made us feel extremely secure. The villa has two big bedrrom and a large living room buillding be we actually spent all our time in the outdoor sala. There is a short walk down to the beach, which you pretty much have for yourself. We would recommend this villa for peolple who want privacy in a nicely designed villa.
I would like to thank Samui Escapes for going out of their way helping us when my wife had to go to hospital shortly after we arrived.
Had a wonderful vacation at the villa
We just returned from a wonderful 6 nights in this villa. Everything was great, no surprises, the villa looked exactly as on the photos. The house and layout was very comfortable and the TV and outdoor sound worked great, internet speed was not impressive, but probably what can be expected on a tropical island in Thailand! Location of the villa is in a quiet gated resort, which was just what we wanted. A rental car is recommended and definitely adds to the adventure of exploring the island. The beach is just a short walk away even though we spent most of our time around the pool and under the sala. We had an excellent time and hope to return in the future.
Not for everyone
Spent 6 nights in this arguably beautiful villa in December with wife, young baby and parents in law. I have been living in Hong Kong for 7 years and been traveling quite extensively around the region staying, more often than not, in private villas. The one thing that never ceases to amaze me is the level of service you get in asia. This villa has none of it, which is a shame. But let me start with the positives:
- The villa looks stunning, the architect clearly did a very good job with the layout and the owner has complemented that with minimal yet tasteful fursnishing and equipement
- The villa comes with a real kitchen with all you need from cuttlery to blender, which is quite handy when traveling with family + baby
- The booking was very smooth and the owner was very nice and responded to all our queries.
Now the negatives, many unfortunately:
- Location first. This is supposed to be a beach location and it definitely isnt. Yes the beach is walking distance - that is 10mns under scorching sun - but when you get there it basically is just an empty public beach. This could be ideal, in theory, but actually what it means is that the sand is absolutely littered with everything from plastic bags to paper cups and more disgusting items I cant include here. The water is ok but you just couldnt stay on that portion of the beach. So you would have to walk down a further 10mns in front of actual beachfront resorts who maintain their portion of the beach to be able to enjoy it
- The surroundings of the villa are depressingly shabby. It's located in a villa compound called Plumeria, which is supposed to be high end but is acually a mixed bag of old and new villas, half constructed villas just sitting there, piles of building materials etc. The whole thing also looks semi abandoned - no nicely maitained gardens or anything, just wide vegetation, and a disgusting pound sitting oddly in the middle half full with dubious looking water
- Talking of half constructed villas, there is one right in front of our villa, which means that your daytime lazing by the pool is ruined by construction noise (and blazing radios of the construction workers). This may no longer be the case if you go after the new villa has been completed but in the near future it's quite annoying
- Service, or lack thereof. The villa is managed by a company called SamuiEscapes. A nice bunch but they mainly shine by their absence. Maid service was done once in our entire stay, which is needless to say unacceptable when you claim to be a luxury villa. All SamuiEscapes is really interested in is to provide you with additional services with mark-up prices eg taxi, tours, chef service, BBQ (we tried that - a total rip off as it is charged on a per head basis, the logic of which I never understood) etc.
- I mentioned about nice furniture: one exception the bed! Very uncomfortable in both bedrooms. Again definitely not luxury standard - I wouldnt be surprised if it was a Tesco bed or something like that (see baby cot below)
- last but not least, if you have a baby do not even bother asking for a baby cot. The one that was provided to us was a (very old) swinging one that couldnt be locked. We asked for a replacement and we had the same model but slightly newer so the lock system still work. But it still is a very low end cot that was squeeking each time our 10 month made any movement. As a result she couldnt sleep in it at all and spent every night in our bed, which as you might imagine completely ruined it for us. We later found out that the baby cot provided was indeed on display in tesco... Cutting corners on such a vital item is to me again just unacceptable if you are positioning your property as luxury and asking for the corresponding sky high prices
In summary, this property does not provide value for money in my opinion.
Response from Anders H. Kjaer - 04/28/2011
I am very sorry to hear that this guest did not enjoy their stay in Samui. But when that is said then I have to say that the review is highly inaccurate and rather unfair, the guests got exactly what they were promised, they never mentioned any of these issues to the owner or the management company. Examples off wrong statements: Complains that beach is 10 minutes away, while it is actually only a 3 min walk to the beach. Say that they "wouldn't be surprised if the bed was a Tesco bed or something" - the beds are actually top quality from the best mattress shop in Samui owned by a Swiss couple which primarily sells to hotels. No service at the villa - The guests had already been informed that there would only be cleaning once during their short visit. Complains over management company trying to overcharge for extra services - Not the case at all, if anything then they are cheaper than what other villa management companies charge in Samui.
I was actually at the villa the week before the guests arrived and both the villa and the whole resort looked beautiful and well maintained, none of the villas are more than 5 years old. All together it seems like they were expecting Four Seasons service even though they were promised nothing like it and definitely did not pay Four Seasons prices. I am always happy to receive constructive feedback, and will do my best to make any improvements but this review if out of order.
Addicted to private villas
Stayed here with a group of friends. Our first time at a private villa and it was fantastic! In the future, it is the only way to holiday as far as we are concerned. Luxury accommodation within a casual environment most importantly privacy. It's going to be hard staying at a hotel after this.
The management staff were great and the location is so convenient to everything. We will be back!
Total relaxation and privacy
We were very excited about our one week stay at this villa at the start of December, and we weren't let down. The place looked exactly like it does on the photos, which is not something you can say about all places we have rented! It is very peaceful and just beautiful to sit by the pool under the stars at night. Loads of restaurants close to the resort, we spent most evenings eating at the near by Fisherman's village. Easy and quick correspondence with Anders the owner.