Baan Samlarn manages to successfully mix old and new influences, with a combination of traditional styles, authentic Thai ornaments, natural materials and contemporarily designed furniture and accessories.
As you enter the villa you are greeted with ornate wooden wall carvings and a formal square teak dining table with leather backed chairs.
The fully fitted kitchen, to the left, has black polished surfaces and redwood units and a central island feature with breakfast bar and water-hyacinth stools. A flat-screen TV is also mounted on the wall.
The bedroom pavilion on the right has a colourful twin bedroom to the rear with do...ors opening into the entrance garden. Wooden beds sit on polished wood floors and are dressed with green and blue silk cushions and throws. Modern artwork matches the colours and even the wooden lamps have coordinated materials. A wooden TV cabinet with flat-screen TV completes the balance of this room. The bathroom has an aquamarine mosaic tile effect in the shower room.
The front ground floor bedroom has steps leading into the room, on the right is the dressing area and the bathroom which has twin sinks, a shower room, a raised decked area with free-standing bathtub and a planted inner garden with outdoor shower. The bedroom has a wooden double bed, comfortable furniture and brown and cream matching furnishings. There's a flat-screen TV and doors out onto the sea-facing terrace.
Upstairs, past the stained-glass window and chandelier, is another rear bedroom with twin beds, flat-screen TV, decorative lamps, green and brown accessories and balcony with views over the entrance garden. The bathroom has a shower room with lilac mosaic tiling. To the front is the master suite with a modern styled four-poster bed, antique ottoman and comfortable seating. A flat-screen TV and a balcony with fantastic views over the property and the ocean finish this chic room. The bathroom has a feature sunken bathtub and separate shower room.
The terrace in front of the dining area has a central water feature with a Thai sculpture sitting proudly in the centre. To the left is another bedroom pavilion having a double bed, dressing area, bathroom with shower, free-standing bathtub and inner garden with outdoor shower. This bedroom has a comfortable woven sofa and a flat-screen TV.
To the front of this room is a planted area and the main living pavilion. A wooden floor with marble around the edges, and the wooden lined vaulted ceiling create a natural feeling in a room which is enhanced by the choice of furniture included. Natural materials dominate with leather, wood, bamboo and water-hyacinth making up the majority of the furniture. The plasma TV is set into an alcove in a dark wood unit. And cleverly selected Thai ornaments and artefacts provide a traditional element that complements the modern artwork and furniture designs.
A covered terrace at the end of the pavilion overlooks the manicured garden and the sea. To the right is the sizeable blue-tiled swimming pool with waterfall feature which leads down to a sala that contains a bathroom, kitchen and entertainment area with an imposing dining table and ample all-weather garden furniture. From here steps lead down to another garden tier, an outdoor shower and steps onto the beautiful beach. The villa is located within sight of the Raja Ferry where locals commute from the island to the mainland. The ferry pier can also be a decent reminder that when you live in these peaceful surroundings, others are travelling in the busy parallel universe. VILLA FACILITIES
* Private infinity edge swimming pool with outdoor Jacuzzi
* Direct beach frontage
* Beach Sala ideal for BBQ's and al fresco dining
* Plasma TV, Satellite and DVD/CD player, Hi-Fi system with outdoor speakers
* Ipod/Ipad audio cable connect to sound system
* Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
* Fully equipped kitchen with design fixtures
* Local Phone and Fax lines and wireless broadband ADSL internet access by the pool
* All guest bedrooms are en-suite, air conditioned and equipped with personal safe
* Living room air conditioned and with full length folding doors
* Secure gated community
* Use of Common Area Gym facilities including Sauna & Fitness Centre
* The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organize activities, massage and spa treatment as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
* Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further help ensuring guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
* Bed linen is changed every third day
* Pool & Bath Towels are provided and changed as necessary. We do appreciate our guests help to conserve water usage and thus sustaining our pristine island environment
* On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favorites with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account. Terms private tours can also be arranged
* Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
* Baby sitting service on request and availability
* In-villa spa treatment with extended menu
Additional amenities include: beachfront villa, corporate retreat villas, pool & jacuzzi, in villa treatment, wifi adsl, thai chef, club house, group couples villa.Read more
Baan Samlarn Koh Samui, Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Additional Location Information
* Located on the West coast of Koh Samui, 10 minutes from the ferry port of Nathon and 35 kms from Samuis International Airport.
* Villa is located within sight of the Raja Ferry pier
Last updated on August 01, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 557 other Koh Samui rentals
* Daily rates of 5 bedroom start from US$ 1,000 to 2,000 depending to season
* Reduced occupancy rates of 2 bedrooms avialable from US$ 700 to 800 in intermediate and high season
* Rates shown are for a maximum of 10 (ten) Guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
* Rates include daily Continental breakfast
* Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
* Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
* Airport transfer: US$ 50 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
* Baby cot provided free of charge upon request
* For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
About the owner
Luxury Villas & Homes Vacation Rentals
Office location in: Wan Chai
Email this listing to a friend
Vacation Rental in Lipa Noi, Koh Samui
Please Enter the Verification Code
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before
trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
Stay 2 nights, get 1 night free
Baan Samlarn, Get 1 Free Night
Baan Samlarn - Bonus nights Stay 3 nights, pay 2 nights, this can be accumulated nights i.e (2+1) or (4+2) or (6+3). For new booking enquiries from (28, May, 2014) Applicable for stay period only of (1 Sep - 14 Dec, 2014)
Limited availability and applicable for new bookings only
*promotion period subject to change.
*Please contact Reservations For more info.
Valid for travel dates between 09/01/2014 and
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.