- 5 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Sleeps 13
Description from the owner
We purchased this craftsman (“arts and crafts” style) home in May 2013, because we loved its unique character, serene feel, and unobstructed eastern view. We have furnished it with top quality pieces and every amenity, paying close attention to details.
The outdoor space features a solar heated pool with a cascading water feature and large jacuzzi. There is a gas BBQ with a granite counter, a gas fire pit for smores, and huge dining table with seating for 10, plus additional seating in a love seat, comfy chairs, lounge chairs, and hammock. On the side of the yard are various fruit trees, including lemon, guava, cl...Read more
Luxurious Home w/ Pool & View, Great Location!!
La Jolla, California
Additional Location Information
Great location!! Quiet neighborhood at the top of Mount Soledad, La Jolla. It is not in downtown La Jolla, which offers a few huge advantages, and a few disadvantages:
1. Our property is located at the top of Mount Soledad, so it is much more convenient than most areas of La Jolla. A couple mins drive and you are on I-5, which takes you anywhere. Beaches, shops, restaurants are within 2-3 miles. 10 mins in your car will get you to the San Diego zoo, Sea World, Balboa Park with tons of museums, downtown San Diego, the airport, Old Towne, Little Italy, the Convention Center, etc. This is a huge advantage over most areas of La Jolla, particularly the downtown and surrounding areas. There is only one road in/out of downtown La Jolla, and it gets tons of traffic. During rush hour and at any time during the summer, it can take over an hour to get from any highway to/from downtown La Jolla.
2. Unlimited parking. 4 small cars can fit in the driveway, and there is unlimited parking on the street. Even in the winter, it is difficult to find parking in most areas of La Jolla.
3. While you cannot walk to any restaurants or shops, you will be able to sleep soundly without any noise from bars or similar.
4. Nice quiet family neighborhood. Very safe for young children.
5. There is very limited public transportation. But this is true of most of the west coast. You will need a car.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, City vacations
Water park nearby, Water sports nearby, Tennis courts nearby, Horse riding nearby, Fishing nearby
Nearest beach: Windandsea, Tourmaline, La Jolla Cove, La Jolla Shores, Mission Bay, Mission Beach, , 3 miles
Nearest shops, 2 miles
Car is recommended
Last updated on September 22, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 211 other La Jolla rentalsCheck Availability for La Jolla
Rates shown in $ USD
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Tax rate | 11.05% of rent
- Damage deposit | $500
- Cleaning fee | $300 per stay
Additional notes from the owner
These rates are approximate and subject to change at any time. If you are booking a year or more out, the rates may not be current.
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Housekeeping Optional
- Hair dryer
- Towels Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- DVD Player
- Satellite or cable TV
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - no
- 3000 square feet